Question Brick my Lenovo y90 anyone can help?

Search This thread

skuraieh

Apr 26, 2011
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Hi, I was intending to restore my lenovo y90 to it's original state after root by flashing back the stock boot.img to boot partition by using flashboot and lock back the bootloader by command fastboot flashing lock after that using QFIL to flash the stock cn rom. Everything was going well till after flashing of the stock CN rom the screen show firmware corrupted and boot to fast boot mode, from there it kept stuck in fastboot and when I tried to unlock the bootloader using command fastboot flashing unlock it show FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed. Now I am stuck with unable to flash stock rom or install any recovery. When I choose recovery will only boot loop back to fastboot. Very much appreciate any help.

Reactions: cardonarico

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
Hi, I was intending to restore my lenovo y90 to it's original state after root by flashing back the stock boot.img to boot partition by using flashboot and lock back the bootloader by command fastboot flashing lock after that using QFIL to flash the stock cn rom. Everything was going well till after flashing of the stock CN rom the screen show firmware corrupted and boot to fast boot mode, from there it kept stuck in fastboot and when I tried to unlock the bootloader using command fastboot flashing unlock it show FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed. Now I am stuck with unable to flash stock rom or install any recovery. When I choose recovery will only boot loop back to fastboot. Very much appreciate any help.
You shouldn't lock back bootloader before downgrade because google implement anti roll back. As what I read in China website once you lock back you cant downgrade anymore. There only one choice is to bring to service center. There only one qfil firmware for y90 which is 563. So I assume your version is higher than 563. Only unlock bootloader able to downgrade and flash qfil

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
I don't believe that is how the anti-roll-back feature works @darkidz555 . Considering the phone launched with android 12 the .563 firmware should fix his issue. You can find the QFIL package here and it appears you have to pay 20 rmb for it. Maybe someone already has it and would be kind enough to offer it here on xda?

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
I don't believe that is how the anti-roll-back feature works @darkidz555 . Considering the phone launched with android 12 the .563 firmware should fix his issue. You can find the QFIL package here and it appears you have to pay 20 rmb for it. Maybe someone already has it and would be kind enough to offer it here on xda

I own y90 and this is how google anti rollback work for y90 and I already have qfil firmware you don't need to pay you just go to zui website and forum all the Chinese people share around the firmware and have step by step guide for root , downgrade , qcn , persist and etc in their WeChat group with all the firmware sharing inside the group as well. The Chinese people explain very well regarding this issue ONCE YOU LOCK BOOTLOADER AND FLASH QFIL THERE NO WAY TO SAFE YOUR DEVICE BECAUSE OF GOOGLE ANTI ROLLBACK. maybe Lenovo did something themself that why they never plan to release y90 for global.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-161942.png
    Screenshot_20220811-161942.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
@skuraieh ,
Have you attempted to wipe data? Plug in USB cable to side port and type: fastboot reboot fastboot , it will reboot into fastbootd and select wipe data and see if it boots.

skuraieh

Apr 26, 2011
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
@skuraieh ,
Have you attempted to wipe data? Plug in USB cable to side port and type: fastboot reboot fastboot , it will reboot into fastbootd and select wipe data and see if it boots.
I am now stuck in fastboot mode with no wipe data option, and yes I have purchase the firmware for 20rmb and went through a lot of Hussle to download it as it require Baidu account as it use the cloud service. I would like to attached the firmware to help others as well but the files are 8gb zip file not sure how to attached it here

Reactions: cardonarico

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Use Google drive or make an account on Androidfilehost to share the firmware. I notice you posted that you have a Sahara error when trying to flash through QFIL, if that is the case, then you need to install the correct Qualcomm drivers. Upload the firmware first, that way it can be reviewed to see if it is in fact for an L71061 (Y90).

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
The real way flash y90 QFIL is using flat build select ddr file and select context.xml and then download. But since you lock your bootloader if possible try to unlock before QFIL else you will be hard Brick. Y90 can't be flash using normal meta build and select ddr and rawprogram0 and patch0. You must flash using context.xml. I've been back and forth downgrade and update multiple time can say more than 20x.

Last edited:

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for the advice but the problem for me now is that I cannot unlock boot loader. Previously when boot loader was unlock I can easily flash the ROM.
That what the info I get from Chinese y90 WeChat group. If you lock your bootloader then flash QFIL firmware while bootloader is lock there no other way to unbrick need to bring to service center because of google anti rollback. One question when flash QFIL firmware did it fully flash until system ownself reboot or Sahara error while flashing. If you fail to flash then it might have a chance to unbrick your device. If fully flash then even then Chinese y90 group also no way to unbrick. Your last choice is either reboot to fastbootd not normal fastboot is fastbootD and wipe data hope it boot else I cant help much. Try fastboot flash sn.img and then fastboot oem unlock-go again hope it help good luck

Last edited:

skuraieh

Apr 26, 2011
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Thanks
That what the info I get from Chinese y90 WeChat group. If you lock your bootloader then flash QFIL firmware while bootloader is lock there no other way to unbrick need to bring to service center because of google anti rollback. One question when flash QFIL firmware did it fully flash until system ownself reboot or Sahara error while flashing. If you fail to flash then it might have a chance to unbrick your device. If fully flash then even then Chinese y90 group also no way to unbrick. Your last choice is either reboot to fastbootd not normal fastboot is fastbootD and wipe data hope it boot else I cant help much. Try fastboot flash sn.img and then fastboot oem unlock-go again hope it help good luck
Thanks for the advise, yes I manage to fully flash the ROM till it auto restart using qfil when I lock the boot loader. I will try the fastbootd and see hope it works

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks

Thanks for the advise, yes I manage to fully flash the ROM till it auto restart using qfil when I lock the boot loader. I will try the fastbootd and see hope it works
Be it work or not work please update here at least other user get the idea.

This is nearly similar with your problem I guess chinese brand tend to make their own stuff. Lenovo did it differently by bricking your device if you flash edl firmware with bootloader lock

Back in July, Xiaomi rolled out MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.5 for eight Xiaomi devices. When users installed the update on their Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, they unknowingly flashed a build with anti-rollback protection enabled. Users who didn’t like MIUI 10 Global Beta found a nasty surprise when they tried to re-install the latest MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM: their phones were bricked! This wasn’t the kind of brick that you could fix by restoring a TWRP backup, flashing a new ROM, or using MiFlash to restore to a factory image. This is a hard, unrecoverable brick that requires the use of EDL mode to fix. But EDL mode isn’t accessible unless you have an authorized account, so many users were left with no way to fix their phone except sending it in to an authorized service center or paying to use someone’s account with EDL access. In this article, we’re going to explain everything you need to know about Xiaomi’s new anti-rollback protection so you can avoid bricking your new phone.

Last edited:

cardonarico

Dec 19, 2010

I know it is kind odd but I am on the path to root my y90... I have no ideia where to look at it. I see people commenting about chinese group but would you kindly point me to the root files needed (maybe twrp build too) not sure if there is a magisk port or whatever.
Thanks in advance

skuraieh

Apr 26, 2011
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
I know it is kind odd but I am on the path to root my y90... I have no ideia where to look at it. I see people commenting about chinese group but would you kindly point me to the root files needed (maybe twrp build too) not sure if there is a magisk port or whatever.
Thanks in advance
In order to root u need the china firmware and need magisk to create a modified boot.img.

cardonarico

Dec 19, 2010
Ok, I have the firmware, question is, will it work ?
I am king worried about brick my phone, do you tried that before ? did it work fine ? I ave been doing this for a while on other brands but lenovo seems to be a complete different beast

skuraieh

Apr 26, 2011
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Ok, I have the firmware, question is, will it work ?
I am king worried about brick my phone, do you tried that before ? did it work fine ? I ave been doing this for a while on other brands but lenovo seems to be a complete different beast
It does work but remember to enable developer option and USB debugging and unlock boot loader and not to lock it back before doing the root.

Oscarplopes

Oct 28, 2018
A maneira real do flash y90 QFIL está usando o arquivo ddr de seleção de compilação plana e selecione context.xml e, em seguida, faça o download. Mas desde que você bloqueie seu bootloader, se possível, tente desbloquear antes do QFIL, senão você ficará com o hard Brick. Y90 não pode ser flash usando meta build normal e selecione ddr e rawprogram0 e patch0. Você deve fazer o flash usando context.xml. Eu fui e voltei de downgrade e atualização várias vezes pode dizer mais de 20x.
Olá amigo, sou brasileiro e uso o Google tradutor, poderia fazer um vídeo ensinando como fazer root e instalar o TWRP no Lenovo Legion y90, estou aguardando meu aparelho chegar e não tem idioma português do Brasil para isso, eu acredito que um módulo de tradução ajudaria muito, e com Root e TWRP eu poderia realizar esse procedimento!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @skuraieh ,
    I am now stuck in fastboot mode with no wipe data option, and yes I have purchase the firmware for 20rmb and went through a lot of Hussle to download it as it require Baidu account as it use the cloud service. I would like to attached the firmware to help others as well but the files are 8gb zip file not sure how to attached it here