- OnePlus 8 Pro IN2020
- Original OS version is OxygenOS 12 Android 12
How my phone turned into brick:
- Try flashboot unsupported TWRP and other third party recoveries.
- After a few tries, eventually causing my phone turning into a brick
What my error looks like:
- Not able to boot into system
- Showing "the current image(boot/recovery) have been destroyed"
- Can access fastboot and detect by system
- Follow the steps in How to UNBRICK OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro! by Max Lee (Thank you my man, Max, for this video)
Pitfalls in 2022 (IMPORTANT before UNBRICK!):
A USB 2.0 and Third-party USB cable are highly recommendedI was unable to boot into Quadcomm EDL mode while using the stock cable and USB 3.0 connector. Pressing the correct
Volumn Up & Volumn Downand
Power Buttonwill boot the phone to fastboot in no time.
I successfully got into the EDL mode and finished flashing the phone using my iPad Pro Type-C charging cable which is an USB 2.0 one.
Use a newer version of the Qualcomm driver if you find the device not correctly detectedUse Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver.
A new Quadcomm driver will help you flash your device correctly the first time!!!
Windows 11 won't let you install unsigned driver by default, but there's a way round
- Press Shift key while click Reboot in start menu to enter Advanced Options
- Click Trouble shoot in Advanced Options
- Click Advanced options, click Startup Settings then click Restart
- After restart press 7 when required
- If your computer won't restart, just unplug your phone temporarily
Pressing buttons requires special timing and preconditions and a few more tries
- To fully power off your phone, press
Power buttonfor 10 seconds. Release immediately after the screen turns black.
- Your phone is in the state of powered off even your screen displaying error message or charging animation, just make sure it's not in fastboot, recovery or booting animations.
- Connect your phone to your computer before press
Power Buttonall at the same time to enter EDL mode.
- Prepare yourself with Device Manager and MSM tool open and configured correctly before your phone enter EDL mode. There's a about 10 second window for you to start flashing.
Fail amid your MSM flash process:
Don't panic if you see error message saying you didn't finish flashing
- You can flash it anytime just make sure checking all the things above and enter EDL mode
Check these things：
- Check your Windows can install the unsigned driver correctly
- Check Device Manger in Control Panel if your device is correctly detected as a COM device as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 or something like this
- Use administrator privilege to open the MSM software
- Check your cable connection is stable or not.
Finally, thanks Dr.E (Max Lee) for your help. Without your video instructions, I won't revive my phone. It spares my pain to ask my dad for money for a new phone I don't actually need.
Hope everyone could find some helpful information in this post and flash your phone like a champ.