• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

bricked after ofe + root

Search This thread

mozot

Dec 5, 2007
I did the ofe update, then the v kernel root, then twisted rom and now the phone seems pretty bricked. It will take a flash of anything 5.1.1 (of7 stock, and twisted thru twrp) but both result in booting to a black screen with the blue led pulsing.

this doesn't seem good.

i have tried every combination of kernel's and recoveries and roms available here and they all do the same thing.

it was running great for a few days until a reboot happened and its been a no boot since then.

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
I did the ofe update, then the v kernel root, then twisted rom and now the phone seems pretty bricked. It will take a flash of anything 5.1.1 (of7 stock, and twisted thru twrp) but both result in booting to a black screen with the blue led pulsing.

this doesn't seem good.

i have tried every combination of kernel's and recoveries and roms available here and they all do the same thing.

it was running great for a few days until a reboot happened and its been a no boot since then.

Probably need to use Odin and re flash stock 5.1.1 rom

http://www.androidexpertclub.com/ho...-to-official-android-lollipop-5-1-1-firmware/

Last edited:

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
Oh, well it seemed to me from your post that you only tried flashing through recovery. If you can't flash a stock rom through odin and download mode, you are probably bricked...

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth

this doesn't seem good.

The good news is if you can still flash and get into download mode it is not a brick. I would odin the tar as suggested, it should boot once that is done.

Make sure you're giving it enough time on the first boot as well, it takes awhile to build the caches on the first boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this doesn't seem good.

The good news is if you can still flash and get into download mode it is not a brick. I would odin the tar as suggested, it should boot once that is done.

Make sure you're giving it enough time on the first boot as well, it takes awhile to build the caches on the first boot.