• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bricked Atoto A6, Need some help.

Search This thread

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
Is that happening after an ACC restart? The unit has to go to the radio app first to initialize the audio. Try running the radio app in that situation, that might be the problem.

Really? Great I didn't know that, it doesn't goto the radio mode first. I'll look into that. Hope that is the issue. ;)

Wish me luck.
Thanks again for the heads up.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
Hey Stabone00, sorry for the slow reply.

You were right!! That was the issue. You have to have the radio app or the music app to load audio and for the side buttons to work.

Thanks Again

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Glad you got it. Never got to try the PB, originally they said they were going to replace my unit with the PB, but I ended up receiving the same model. I'm going to put up all my info on this unit as soon as I can. I have the Twrp recovery working, the screen keeps locking but you just have to swipe it off.

How you get TWRP on it, I want to install xposed app on it and want to make a recovery on it first just incase.

I know I say a link somewhere to add twrp but I cannot find the link again.

Thanks Again

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Glad you got it. Never got to try the PB, originally they said they were going to replace my unit with the PB, but I ended up receiving the same model. I'm going to put up all my info on this unit as soon as I can. I have the Twrp recovery working, the screen keeps locking but you just have to swipe it off.

How you get TWRP on it, I want to install xposed app on it and want to make a recovery on it first just incase.

Thanks Again

stabone00

Jul 25, 2010
Hey Stabone00, sorry for the slow reply.

You were right!! That was the issue. You have to have the radio app or the music app to load audio and for the side buttons to work.

Thanks Again

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Thanks Again

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Thanks Again
:cowboy::cowboy:
This is the post it's in :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...toto-a6-info-rooting-backup-recovery-t3759835
The link for the download is in the section that explains it.

Reactions: scoolro

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
how do i flash twrp into stereo do i use flashfire and how do you access recovery on stereo when installed in car??

again as always thanks for all the help. appreciate it so much.

scoolro

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
just reread one of your older posts i have to flash twrp recovery with sp tools app. how about the posed app. forgive all the questions just don't want to brick or bootloop radio.
thanks as always.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
Got everything working with Stabone's help. Thanks again. The unit is not that bad but the radio having to control audio signal and buttons is major BS. Also difficulties installing google assistant.

Hippie459MN

The unit is not that bad but the radio having to control audio signal and buttons is major BS. Also difficulties installing google assistant.

Yeah, I have google assistant installed and and whenever I ask it a question or tell it to do something, it will do it or answer it, and do it well, but it immediately turns on the stupid radio app. So if I ask it what the weather is, as soon as Google Assistant is done listening to me, the radio comes on and I dont have a clue how to make it stop doing that. Also, the radio turning on 100% of the time right away when you turn on your vehicle is annoying. Only way to stop it is to power off the unit with the power button so when you turn your car back on, you have to turn the power back on on the head unit also. Also, the fact it plays media from the SD card or Flash Drive at like half the volume as the radio is annoying too.

But other than that, now that its rooted (Still havent installed custom recovery yet), I really love it other than my mentioned annoyances above. And I agree, the stock UI/Launcher stinks and could use some work. But thats the great thing about android, we have other choices for that too.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
Google assistant won't load in my unit.what have you done exactly to make it load. Also I notice that a few times when I start the car the stereo will reboot not 2 second boot. Have you had that happen the to you?

Hippie459MN

I just installed it from the Google Play Store. Maybe see if you can find the APK online and try to install it from your SD card or something maybe. As for the reboot issue, only time mine will do a full reboot is if my batter has been disconnected or went dead or something. Other than that, turns on right away when I turn my key on.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
hmm bizarre. I have to figure out why it won't install and figure out what's happening with the full reboots. Maybe it's some apps I have installed and it's messing up my head unit.

Last edited:

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
It installed fine but it just won't work. I get this.
I updated google so also. Not sure what's going on.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Hippie

Scoolro

Attachments

• PHOTO_20180402_001016.jpg
    PHOTO_20180402_001016.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 94

Hippie459MN

Well, I just tried to run it again and I get the same thing as you now so its a no go here. Im going to dig in to it more. I used it once when I first got the head unit like 2 months ago and it worked but now that I removed it and reinstalled it, nothing.

Seems its more a tablet thing as this unit is listed as a tablet with Google and most tablets will not work with Google Assistant for some dumb reason. I have 2 tablets here that wont work with it and one that will.

EDIT: Google voice and voice search search works though but every time it finishes listening to you it turns on the stupid radio for some reason.

EDIT Again: Im guessing since Google Assistant requires at least a 720p display that is the issue as the Atoto A6 display is only 1024x600. Wonder if there is a way to trick GA into thinking its a 720p display.

Last edited:

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
If there is a hacked version for Google assistant that would be great. The radio issue is complete bullsh!t.

I'm also having an issue with rebooting. It takes way too long. I'll send a video from yesterday. I'm starting to lose faith with Atoto.

https://youtu.be/BfShRIdjDEQ

Last edited:

Hippie459MN

I think I figure out the Google assistant thing. You need an older version of google app first then install google assistant then you can update the google app. The older version doesnt have the 720p limit.

Take a look at this... https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/root-google-assistant-lollipop-t3613810

Also, my head unit has been working great so far for me. No random reboots or super long boot times when doing a full reboot. What is this installed in? And you do have the 12v+ on a constant power correct and not switched? The only reason you would get a full reboot when you turn your car on would be if your Bat+ was on a switched power. I have had mine for over two months now and its been working perfect. Other than that radio turning on thing all the time when I turn on the vehicle and any media that is not the radio is played at a much lower volume.

The only thing I have done is rooted it. I have not installed Xposed at all either. I dont have a use for it on the head unit at this time. Maybe that is causing an issue if you installed it.

stabone00

Jul 25, 2010
I have had no issue with booting either. After the initial boot, its the 2 second boot every time. Are you sure you don't have the acc and constant mixed up? Were you hitting the little reset button at all? At one point my unit wouldn't boot because I had messed that button up. I end up having to take the screen apart to "fix" it. Possibly check if it still happens running stock.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
I think I figure out the Google assistant thing. You need an older version of google app first then install google assistant then you can update the google app. The older version doesnt have the 720p limit.

Take a look at this... https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/root-google-assistant-lollipop-t3613810

Also, my head unit has been working great so far for me. No random reboots or super long boot times when doing a full reboot. What is this installed in? And you do have the 12v+ on a constant power correct and not switched? The only reason you would get a full reboot when you turn your car on would be if your Bat+ was on a switched power. I have had mine for over two months now and its been working perfect. Other than that radio turning on thing all the time when I turn on the vehicle and any media that is not the radio is played at a much lower volume.

The only thing I have done is rooted it. I have not installed Xposed at all either. I dont have a use for it on the head unit at this time. Maybe that is causing an issue if you installed it.

I have installed many stereos and my older head unit was also android, i did how ever install xposed and twrp recovery on the atoto.. It only has long reboot if i do not use stereo for awhile.

I am sort of lost when you mentioned if my Bat+ was on a switched power, what is sitched power?

thanks again Hippie

Scoolro

Hippie459MN

I have installed many stereos and my older head unit was also android, i did how ever install xposed and twrp recovery on the atoto.. It only has long reboot if i do not use stereo for awhile.

I am sort of lost when you mentioned if my Bat+ was on a switched power, what is sitched power?

thanks again Hippie

Scoolro

Switched power is just what it means. Switch it on and off. You BAT+ (Battery +) wire goes to a full time 12v constant power, your ACC (switched power) wire goes to your switched power. i.e., turning your key on and off. If your BAT+ wire was on a switched power, it would do a full reboot every time you turn your key off and back on.

I work out of town a lot and there have been times where my vehicle will sit 5-7 days and unless the battery went dead or way too low, it will not do a full reboot for me. As for taking a long time to boot on a full boot, I dont know what that is about. Mine doesnt take close to that long at all. I would maybe do a reset of the unit and see what it does with no root, no xposed, no custom recovery and go from there. If you are still having issues, then I would say its the unit.

scoolro

Aug 18, 2010
I installed correctly, it works from time to time and from time to time it doesn't. The video if you saw it shows when it wasn't working well.

You think I should keep twrp installed or remove it?
I understand xposed gets into the guts of the head unit.

I just ordered the atoto steering media button and the DVR camera from Amazon.might install next week and want to be sure I get all this stuff taken care of.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Switched power is just what it means. Switch it on and off. You BAT+ (Battery +) wire goes to a full time 12v constant power, your ACC (switched power) wire goes to your switched power. i.e., turning your key on and off. If your BAT+ wire was on a switched power, it would do a full reboot every time you turn your key off and back on.

I work out of town a lot and there have been times where my vehicle will sit 5-7 days and unless the battery went dead or way too low, it will not do a full reboot for me. As for taking a long time to boot on a full boot, I dont know what that is about. Mine doesnt take close to that long at all. I would maybe do a reset of the unit and see what it does with no root, no xposed, no custom recovery and go from there. If you are still having issues, then I would say its the unit.

I installed correctly, it works from time to time and from time to time it doesn't. The video if you saw it shows when it wasn't working well.

You think I should keep twrp installed or remove it?
I understand xposed gets into the guts of the head unit.

I just ordered the atoto steering media button and the DVR camera from Amazon.might install next week and want to be sure I get all this stuff taken care of.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far I was able to extract the boot and recovery img files. You can connect to the preloader using SP Flash by setting it up to read
    Have you had luck in unbricking your atoto?
    I'm thinking about buying one also buy would like to root with kingroot and put a recovery into stereo if it's possible. Let me know your success is possible.

Thanks
    Steven

So far it seems to be a very solid unit. Rooting it isn't an issue. I had been trying different things with this unit and at one point I thought it was almost unbrickable. It still might be, just haven't found a solution for my issue (which was completely my fault), although I'm pretty confident there is one. There is a lot of info about mediatek devices on here, a bit different approach when flashing a custom recovery.
    Overall I was liking the unit, hadn't seen any issues some of the others had. Hope to see more people getting involved.
    After the last time I did a factory reset, I used kingoroot and then I used the supersu.apk from the zip and installed it with adb. After it said it failed I reset and SuperSu had root. Then I removed kingouser. The first time I pretty much did this: https://appuals.com/replace-kingoroot-supersu/ . Give that a try.
    I dont have any experience with the Metra kit for the SWC but with my PAC unit in my Chevy Tahoe, PAC told me just to use the Key plus wire I think it was but that didnt work. I ended up having to use both the key and key plus wire. I soldered a 3.5mm female jack to the two and then just pluged in the 3.5 mm male plug from the PAC unit into it and worked great.

EDIT: I know my PAC unit wont work with steering wheels that the climate controls on them. And by that, I mean the climate controls on the steering wheel wont work anymore but everything else will. Getting the SWC to work can be a pain sometimes. Took a bit for me to figure it out on the head unit once I got them actually working.