Bricked completely, need advice if it is possible to recover.

Search This thread

futiiile

Aug 10, 2022
behind you
Hi everyone, to add some background I am fairly familiar with flashing this device as I have had it for 3 years and have done a lot of tinkering with it. However this does not mean I am good, and I have definitely soft bricked this phone a lot over the years, but today I think I finally hard bricked it.

Basically, I was using stock MIUI but with TWRP recovery and wanted to add my card to Google Pay, however it said my device was not secure (or something) so I thought it must be because I don't have fully stock MIUI. So I decided to see some way to return the stock recovery, and after doing 5 minutes of research I saw that I could flash the stock ROM and then through fastboot run "fastboot oem lock" which would reset it to stock. However I definitely did something wrong because after rebooting into recovery it says "The system has been destroyed, Press power button to shutdown", and the phone will not boot normally anymore.

You might now suggest that I should unlock my bootloader again through Mi account, but the problem is that I wasn't logged into my Mi account, so I think this is impossible. I have tried running "fastboot oem unlock", but that obviously returns an error when I tried.

Is there any hope to recover this device or is it gone forever? I would appreciate any advice. If you need more info please just ask.

Thanks!

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Hi everyone, to add some background I am fairly familiar with flashing this device as I have had it for 3 years and have done a lot of tinkering with it. However this does not mean I am good, and I have definitely soft bricked this phone a lot over the years, but today I think I finally hard bricked it.

Basically, I was using stock MIUI but with TWRP recovery and wanted to add my card to Google Pay, however it said my device was not secure (or something) so I thought it must be because I don't have fully stock MIUI. So I decided to see some way to return the stock recovery, and after doing 5 minutes of research I saw that I could flash the stock ROM and then through fastboot run "fastboot oem lock" which would reset it to stock. However I definitely did something wrong because after rebooting into recovery it says "The system has been destroyed, Press power button to shutdown", and the phone will not boot normally anymore.

You might now suggest that I should unlock my bootloader again through Mi account, but the problem is that I wasn't logged into my Mi account, so I think this is impossible. I have tried running "fastboot oem unlock", but that obviously returns an error when I tried.

Is there any hope to recover this device or is it gone forever? I would appreciate any advice. If you need more info please just ask.

Thanks!
hi, u can try to unlock again over mi unlock tool not over fastboot command. if u unlocked before your account is maybe still binded with that phone. so u can try unlock first..

Do u have stock mi recovery on it?

Last edited:

futiiile

Aug 10, 2022
behind you
hi, u can try to unlock again over mi unlock tool not over fastboot command. if u unlocked before your account is maybe still binded with that phone. so u can try unlock first..

Do u have stock mi recovery on it?
Thanks for responding, I will try this as soon as I can get a different phone to receive the SMS for the Mi account. As for the recovery, I'm not really sure what exactly it is because as I said, when I try to boot recovery it just says, "The system has been destroyed".

nabzzzz

Apr 10, 2022
Had this same problem a few months ago, just try to unlock the phone again using mi unlock. After unlocking quickly install a custom recovery and you should be good.

futiiile

Aug 10, 2022
behind you
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm in the process of trying to unlock with mi unlock however it says my account is suspended when I try to log in, I will be trying to recover it but I hope it will not cause any issues with unlocking the phone if I change the phone number as part of the recovery process.

Attachments

• 2022-08-11_17-48.png
    2022-08-11_17-48.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2022-08-11_17-50.png
    2022-08-11_17-50.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 12

futiiile

Aug 10, 2022
behind you
Hello again, it would seem that I will not be able to unlock the Mi account that I used to unlock the device originally so I think I am out of options unfortunately. I will look into buying a new phone.

Aug 12, 2022
Hello again, it would seem that I will not be able to unlock the Mi account that I used to unlock the device originally so I think I am out of options unfortunately. I will look into buying a new phone.
u can try to open your phone there are pins which u can use to unlock by bridgeing them by wire or something metal then u can try to flash normally dont know if your phone got that option try to find graphics or videos for your phone maby u wll need service account for miflash with more options for flashing

Top Liked Posts