Bricked Device HELP Pleeasssee.... OP7P

Search This thread

kbs3251

Feb 3, 2020
Hello Everybody, I'm new to this specific site so I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum section. I have a OP7P that I was running BlissRom. Today I decided to check out the EX kernel app. After installing. There was a pop-up that said "There is an Kernel update would you like to update mow, so I accepted and it asked me to reboot, like always after a system flash. And it's boots into Fastboot. I tried everything from Selecting Start to selecting recovery. To holding Vol and power buttons and Fastboot is where it goes no matter what. So I said at least it's in Fastboot. I'll just reflash the TWRP img file. Then. I noticed I was in trouble when my PC didn't detect the device at all. I plugged another device into the cable to make sure the cable was good and it was. So I ran Fastboot devices command and No devices detected rebooted it back into Fastboot. Tried it again and same thing. Someone please tell me I'm not totally screwed. I've bricked phones on a few occasions and always have gotten them back. This is my personal device. Fingers crossed my kids didn't just get a new frisby. Thanks everyone in advance!

djeresia

Dec 4, 2009
Hello Everybody, I'm new to this specific site so I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum section. I have a OP7P that I was running BlissRom. Today I decided to check out the EX kernel app. After installing. There was a pop-up that said "There is an Kernel update would you like to update mow, so I accepted and it asked me to reboot, like always after a system flash. And it's boots into Fastboot. I tried everything from Selecting Start to selecting recovery. To holding Vol and power buttons and Fastboot is where it goes no matter what. So I said at least it's in Fastboot. I'll just reflash the TWRP img file. Then. I noticed I was in trouble when my PC didn't detect the device at all. I plugged another device into the cable to make sure the cable was good and it was. So I ran Fastboot devices command and No devices detected rebooted it back into Fastboot. Tried it again and same thing. Someone please tell me I'm not totally screwed. I've bricked phones on a few occasions and always have gotten them back. This is my personal device. Fingers crossed my kids didn't just get a new frisby. Thanks everyone in advance!
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/msm-tool-guac-t3934691

knightsriot

Apr 20, 2020
As many thorough threads for unbricking this device that people invested a lot of time to make 100% idiot proof we somehow keep getting these same cry for help post SMDH

Kind of ignorant to be calling people idiots when they follow the same process theybalways have to update their ROM and things go south. Not every method works for the same device.

If you're not going to help, don't comment.

OP, check out my thread. I had something similar happen to me last week.

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/issues-rooting-oneplus-7-pro-installing-t4094885

mookiexl

Kind of ignorant to be calling people idiots when they follow the same process theybalways have to update their ROM and things go south. Not every method works for the same device.

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/issues-rooting-oneplus-7-pro-installing-t4094885
Never called anybody idiot brother and if you are older than twelve you should be familiar with the terminology and context of which I used idiot proof. Rather than giving answers that can be easily found why not promote the use of the search function? If we continue to just give answers these forums will continue to be full of meaningless space keeping threads like this one that only point you to another thread while the useful information gets pushed out.
There's a reason we didn't make all A's from teachers giving us all the answers or you don't just tell you're kids to listen to you count to 100 or sing the ABCs and it's because we wouldn't learn jack ish. Your reply was less helpful than mine. I stated that the threads were available hoping the OP attempts to use the search feature to find them. You just made the most useful tool (SEARCH) obsolete.

Reactions: B3311

knightsriot

Apr 20, 2020
Never called anybody idiot brother and if you are older than twelve you should be familiar with the terminology and context of which I used idiot proof. Rather than giving answers that can be easily found why not promote the use of the search function? If we continue to just give answers these forums will continue to be full of meaningless space keeping threads like this one that only point you to another thread while the useful information gets pushed out.
There's a reason we didn't make all A's from teachers giving us all the answers or you don't just tell you're kids to listen to you count to 100 or sing the ABCs and it's because we wouldn't learn jack ish. Your reply was less helpful than mine. I stated that the threads were available hoping the OP attempts to use the search feature to find them. You just made the most useful tool (SEARCH) obsolete.

Could've just used fail-proof or other terminology, Hulk Hogan. No need to be passive aggressive to people are getting the hang this device.

This is the first time I've triggered a neckbeard. Nice.

mookiexl

Could've just used fail-proof or other terminology, Hulk Hogan. No need to be passive aggressive to people are getting the hang this device.

Lol I'm just frustrated to not be able to help . I check the questions and answers regularly to see if I can assist someone but the questions and answers forum is only filled with "Bricked" threads of which non are unique to anything posted in the Mega Unbrick and MSM Tool thread. I've had about every Bricked situation possible for this device and never once had to create a thread or even ask a question in a thread because I know the power of search. This device will always Unbrick as long the mother board isn't fried.
That Hulk Hogan was nice ?

Last edited:

knightsriot

Apr 20, 2020
Lol I'm just frustrated to not be able to help . I check the questions and answers regularly to see if I can assist someone but the questions and answers forum is only filled with "Bricked" threads of which non are unique to anything posted in the Mega Unbrick and MSM Tool thread. I've had about every Bricked situation possible for this device and never once had to create a thread or even ask a question in a thread because I know the power of search. This device will always Unbrick as long the mother board isn't fried.
That Hulk Hogan was nice

True. Nah, I'm just coming from OP's point of view. I've rooted my tablet and other phones and have never come close to bricking a device besides this one. I got all the way down to the Qualcomm crash dump message. I was so frustrated. All I did was literally download an update ROM build and applied it the exact same way I had the previous build, but something messed up along the way. I tried different methods til I finally found that All-in-One tool. I tried all the others and they didn't work for me.

Anyway, my bad for being rude. I know I'm not dealing with the typical YouTube type of people here :rolleyes:

kbs3251

Feb 3, 2020
SMH.

As many thorough threads for unbricking this device that people invested a lot of time to make 100% idiot proof we somehow keep getting these same cry for help post SMDH
I literally said that I'm new to XDA and I'm not apart of any other forums or websites, and for one I looked up unbricking this device. None of them had an issue with their computer detecting their device in Fastboot mode. Therefore I reached out for help. The real problem is that people are so bored and have nothing to do that they just complain about other people's threads. What's the point in having a forum on this subject if you can't use it without dealing with this **** I could have done without a smartass response. If you missed the part where I stated that the USB-C port was not functional in Fastboot mode. Then please read my entire thread before adding input. I see your a senior member. I respect that and you probably have tons of knowledge that could be useful. So you should want to encourage instead of downgrade people for their questions. This hobby is slowly dying. Help the younger crowd. Theyre gonna be afraid to ask questions if they feel the experienced guys are gonna make them feel stupid. No disrespect I just didn't see the point in your response and with my bricked device having something uncommon from the other threads. I still feel that my question was a valid ask for help
Thanks!

kbs3251

Feb 3, 2020
Thanks Knightsriot

True. Nah, I'm just coming from OP's point of view. I've rooted my tablet and other phones and have never come close to bricking a device besides this one. I got all the way down to the Qualcomm crash dump message. I was so frustrated. All I did was literally download an update ROM build and applied it the exact same way I had the previous build, but something messed up along the way. I tried different methods til I finally found that All-in-One tool. I tried all the others and they didn't work for me.

Anyway, my bad for being rude. I know I'm not dealing with the typical YouTube type of people here :rolleyes:

I'm glad there's still people out there who are willing to help. Update on the problem. I got frustrated with it and went to bed. It died overnight and when I plugged it in the next morning by the grace of God it decided to boot into TWRP 3.3.1-79. Where I had done a backup a few days prior! ?. I do have another quick question. I'm back on stock OOS 10.3.2 running renovate Ice. How come none of the changes I make in the rice tweaks app will actually change. None of them. Sorry in advance if this is a "stupid" question

mookiexl

I'm glad there's still people out there who are willing to help. Update on the problem. I got frustrated with it and went to bed. It died overnight and when I plugged it in the next morning by the grace of God it decided to boot into TWRP 3.3.1-79. Where I had done a backup a few days prior! . I do have another quick question. I'm back on stock OOS 10.3.2 running renovate Ice. How come none of the changes I make in the rice tweaks app will actually change. None of them. Sorry in advance if this is a "stupid" question

Search the RICE thread for the ''overlay mount fix''. Its a magisk module.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I literally said that I'm new to XDA and I'm not apart of any other forums or websites, and for one I looked up unbricking this device. None of them had an issue with their computer detecting their device in Fastboot mode. Therefore I reached out for help. The real problem is that people are so bored and have nothing to do that they just complain about other people's threads. What's the point in having a forum on this subject if you can't use it without dealing with this **** I could have done without a smartass response. If you missed the part where I stated that the USB-C port was not functional in Fastboot mode. Then please read my entire thread before adding input. I see your a senior member. I respect that and you probably have tons of knowledge that could be useful. So you should want to encourage instead of downgrade people for their questions. This hobby is slowly dying. Help the younger crowd. Theyre gonna be afraid to ask questions if they feel the experienced guys are gonna make them feel stupid. No disrespect I just didn't see the point in your response and with my bricked device having something uncommon from the other threads. I still feel that my question was a valid ask for help
Thanks!
Dude all I'm saying is search is the key. Note that I still helped just not the way you wanted. I don't have over 300 thanks for nothing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That Hulk Hogan was nice ?