• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bricked?? Flashed Kernel now can't boot

Search This thread

i.Design

Aug 19, 2012
Hello...

So I was going to test out a couple different kernels this morning. I was running Elemental X and it was performing quite well, but I wanted to test out arter97 since it was new to OP7. Flashed via TWRP and had absolutely no issues at all. After reviewing the features I noticed it didn't have wakelock blocking and decided I'd like to try something else that allows it. I decided to try out Kirisakura instead so I followed the instruction on the thread to flash it via EXKM. I installed the companion module via Magisk first, then flashed the kernel + rebooted. After rebooting however.... I can't boot up at all. The only thing I can do is hold volume up + power to get the device to get to the bootloader unlocked screen and then it goes black.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on.../kernel-kirisakura-1-0-0-op7-pro-aka-t3933916

i.Design

Aug 19, 2012
I figured out the hardware buttons for fastboot mode was actually Vol up + down + power. Got into fastboot, adb TWRP.img. Once in TWRP, flashed arter79's kernel (what I was on before going to this one). After that I noticed Magisk wasn't installed for some reason so I reinstalled that as well. Had to fix some stuff afterward but I'm basically back to normal it seems.