• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bricked Gear S3 Frontier

Search This thread

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
Hi,

Long story short I followed a guide on here to do a firmware flash trying to change my device from a UAE (United Arab Emirates) device to a UK device so I could use Samsung Pay.

Unfortunately my watch didn't accept it and now I'm unable to get it into AP mode to connect to it to install another firmware. As it's a non-EU device, Samsung UK won't touch it.

I've tried lots of power button pressing combinations to try and trigger the AP mode so I can flash a different firmware but it won't go into AP mode it's stuck on the flower download screen.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
Hi,

Long story short I followed a guide on here to do a firmware flash trying to change my device from a UAE (United Arab Emirates) device to a UK device so I could use Samsung Pay.

Unfortunately my watch didn't accept it and now I'm unable to get it into AP mode to connect to it to install another firmware. As it's a non-EU device, Samsung UK won't touch it.

I've tried lots of power button pressing combinations to try and trigger the AP mode so I can flash a different firmware but it won't go into AP mode it's stuck on the flower download screen.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Hi, first you need to inform your watch model, the version you had before trying the flash and the current files you've used.

Regds

Reactions: adfree

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
I have the SM-R760 Gear S3 Frontier.

I tried to flash onto it the BCQ2 Combination Firmware

I am not sure what firmware was on it before but it updated a few days before.

Thanks

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
Hey adfree - I follows your guide but unfortunately it didn't work out for me :)

I found your guide on getting into AP mode by holding power button for 2 secs then release for 1 and then hold for 2 etc. This worked for me once and I had the AP mode screen but the background was blue.

I managed to get Net Odin to connect when that happened. But I haven't been able to connect since. The screen shows the flower and freezes on it after going black a few times.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Sorry. :eek:

At the moment I am trying to collect infos...
If reason for brick is changing Settings in netOdin:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75135544&postcount=27

Or if this could also with Standard Settings happen?
:confused:

If click-hold-release Button Trick not work... then only repair attempts:

Code:
Service Center [B]or[/B] USB cable...

I have no idea if more "tricks" exists... with Buttons/Keys...

We have only 2 Hardware Keys ... :eek: :(

Sorry, I have also exact no idea... why Download Wireless not boot correct...
As we have no Log files...

Really sorry. :crying:

Best Regards

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
When I ran the flash I selected the three options (AP, BL and CSC) and for each I used the same combination file which I think is correct?

Odin seemed to be picking the files out of this and in the end Odin said PASS but the watch had a red error on the screen and it has been bricked ever since. It won't even charge any more the charging base LED just flashes red.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Combination Firmware is 1 single package...

So in theory 1 time select in AP...

You changed Auto-Reboot?
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.[/B][/COLOR]

Best Regards

Reactions: wisefreakz

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
OK so I should have just ticked AP and provided the combination file?

I used odin standard settings I didn't change anything.

Thanks

David

dmt88

Jan 15, 2018
Does anyone know how to get into wireless download mode the watch isn't allowing me in any more?

I get to the flower screen and no further.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Hi, first you need to inform your watch model, the version you had before trying the flash and the current files you've used.

Regds
    When I ran the flash I selected the three options (AP, BL and CSC) and for each I used the same combination file which I think is correct?

Odin seemed to be picking the files out of this and in the end Odin said PASS but the watch had a red error on the screen and it has been bricked ever since. It won't even charge any more the charging base LED just flashes red.
    Combination Firmware is 1 single package...

So in theory 1 time select in AP...

You changed Auto-Reboot?
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.[/B][/COLOR]

Best Regards
    OK so I should have just ticked AP and provided the combination file?

I used odin standard settings I didn't change anything.

Thanks

David