Bricked Honor 5X

Search This thread
Apr 17, 2021
its the phone of my sister she just make something wrong with software update and now is bricked he enter in bootloop until the batery is depleated the only way to fix is to restore batery and flash full rom with miraclebox

Jan 23, 2021
its the phone of my sister she just make something wrong with software update and now is bricked he enter in bootloop until the batery is depleated the only way to fix is to restore batery and flash full rom with miraclebox
I am not sure but I think your battery is fine. Because battery never get damaged all at once. Try again by keeping your dload folder in sdcard. Then press both volume + power button and release power button only when vibration starts while still holding other 2 buttons.
First try with charger unplugged and if you get no response then try with charger plugged on.
May be because of bad flashing it is not booting but it should enter into software update mode.

Apr 17, 2021
actualy the dload method dont work with me when the batery still holding charge the software mode is bypassed and the loop continue and now i get this icon when plug charger or turn on nothing else work:
IMG_20210420_194630-min.jpg

Jan 23, 2021
actualy the dload method dont work with me when the batery still holding charge the software mode is bypassed and the loop continue and now i get this icon when plug charger or turn on nothing else work: View attachment 5285407
If your dload folder is not in the root of sd card or internal storage then it will not enter into software mode. So make sure your dload is in root and not inside any other folder. Try with different key combinations. It took me 1 hour to enter software mode few days back.
Are you trying to press power button to power off but your phone restarts again and again resulting in the complete drain of battery?

Apr 17, 2021
the folder is in root of sdcard but i belive the batery is dead or charging circuit is broken i already told you that i cant even power on with charger even i let it over night normaly there batery icon that stay until its fully charged but when i plug charger the icon come but few second is gone and blue led light and it stay like that. thank you anyway

Jan 23, 2021
the folder is in root of sdcard but i belive the batery is dead or charging circuit is broken i already told you that i cant even power on with charger even i let it over night normaly there batery icon that stay until its fully charged but when i plug charger the icon come but few second is gone and blue led light and it stay like that. thank you anyway
Oh ok. When I saw the image, I thought your battery is now charging and only it is not entering update mode. Hope you resolve the issue soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, my phone is bricked too. How did you manage to flash adb during twrp. How did you restore the backup and where did you get it from?

Or could someone please explain to me how I can get back to stock. I saw one thread with the .app file, but there you had to go the setting or something, which I can't do.
    I have twrp installed and I have the L21 version.

I was able to get my phone back to stock using the update.app file and the Huawei Update Extractor

• Download stock firmware and extract the update.app file

• Download Huawei Update Extractor

• Use the Huawei Update Extractor to open the update.app file and extract system.img, Cust.img, boot.img, recovery.img

• Copy the extracted files to your adb folder

• Connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode, to do this power off the phone hold Volume down and insert a usb cable connected to the PC

• Type these commands on ADB:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash cust cust.img
    fastboot reboot​

After that you should be back on stock firmware
    anyone else having this error when flashing "cust.img"?

Code:
    target reported max download size of 266338304 bytes
    sending sparse 'cust' 1/2 (259982 KB)...
    OKAY [  9.536s]
    writing 'cust' 1/2...
    FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
    finished. total time: 9.548s

Using this update.app: Honor 5X_Firmware_KIW-L24_Android 5.1_EMUI 3.1_C567B151_United States_Channel-Others
    on a KIW-L24

the only way to restore cust.img is with this version of TWRP >>https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152305793

You need to relock and unlock bootloader again. Adb does not have proper rights to flash stuff.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Labs

Your wrong ...never relock the bootloader and don't recommend it if you don't know what it does !

I posted the correct solution many time in these forums.
    you can 1. flash a custom rom that includes the correct cust partition for your phone or 2. you can use the TWRP version I posted above to restore the partition with the Install / Image feature of that version of TWRP.
    OK u can't OTA update with twrp AND U SHOULD try adb flashing twrp through fastboot and maybe restoring a nandroid if u have one if not there's some u can download around here
    I have a practically dead honor 5x, flashed a L-24 firmware on L-22. TWRP doesnt let me do anything, no touch functions work so i cannot restore my back up.

Fastboot commands on format /data and flash cust cust.img fail with the error "Remote: Command not allowed", bootloader is unlocked, pls help.....I need to flash back the default cust.img to get it back to normal :(

SOLVED: Downloaded the official firmware, placed the "dload" folder which contains the update.app in the root of the sd card, went into download mode on phone (vol up + vol dow + power) and the system installed the firmware automatically.....booted back into the stock system now, next will reflash TWRP and restore back up :)

WORKED: update.app in dload folder WORKED !!! Thanks a lot
    anyone else having this error when flashing "cust.img"?

Using this update.app: Honor 5X_Firmware_KIW-L24_Android 5.1_EMUI 3.1_C567B151_United States_Channel-Others
    on a KIW-L24

You need to relock and unlock bootloader again. Adb does not have proper rights to flash stuff.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Labs