• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bricked HTC wildfire S

Search This thread

buzz2289

Nov 14, 2010
So i have an HTC WildFire S and i think it is bricked, i was running CM7 and it started not reading my batteru right so i decided to go stock. i am S-off with unlocked bootloader, i used this RUU RUU_Marvel_Virgin_Mobile_1.37.351.1_Radio_47.10.35.3029H_7.46.35.08_release_188032_signed.exe

It got to "waiting for bootloader...." but phone just shutdown then it got error cant connect. so i closed the RUU and took my battery out and tried to boot 3 vibes no led and no screen.

tried vol down + power same thing

I have tried everything here not even any of the PG76IMG.zip file on SD are working an im stressed now :/ there is no warranty, i bought it off ebay please help! this is my business phone

finance.resat

Apr 24, 2012
Dhaka
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1426611

I have just read something like this.

U need to jtag ur phone but try this see if it works.

Download the pg76img.zip from the above link

Put in your SD card

Press power and volume down

It should do the three vine ok. Wait for more vibes or just press volume up several times after 5 minutes or so.

It's like flashing ruu from hboot. But without seeing the screen.

See if works. Post ur result.

Last edited:

rezo609

May 17, 2012
Dallas
Yea download the zip, rename it to PG76IMG.zip and place it to the root of your sdcard. Then follow the directions in the link he posted above ^^^

buzz2289

Nov 14, 2010
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1426611

I have just read something like this.

U need to jtag ur phone but try this see if it works.

Download the pg76img.zip from the above link

Put in your SD card

Press power and volume down

It should do the three vine ok. Wait for more vibes or just press volume up several times after 5 minutes or so.

It's like flashing ruu from hboot. But without seeing the screen.

See if works. Post ur result.

OK im Downloading now.....at this point im willing to try anything..... what is jtagging? dont sugar coat it to much :D im pretty technology inclined:laugh:

EDIT: No luck and battery is still cold, as if it isnt staying on but it wont do 3 vibe unless i remove and place the batt....

Last edited:

finance.resat

Apr 24, 2012
Dhaka
Press vol up vol down and power together, and tell me what u get.

If u get 7 vibes means u r bricked. I actually forgotten the thing.

Last edited:

buzz2289

Nov 14, 2010
Press vol up vol down and power together, and tell me what u get. Also try volume up and power together.

Somewhere in there u ll get 7 or 5 vibes means u r bricked. I actually forgotten the thing.

Volume down + power = 3 vibes

Volume Up + Power = 3 vibes

Volume Down + Up + Power = 3 vibes no matter what i do it's 3 vibes.....that half good news....right?

kalaker

Feb 23, 2012
So i have an HTC WildFire S and i think it is bricked, i was running CM7 and it started not reading my batteru right so i decided to go stock. i am S-off with unlocked bootloader, i used this RUU RUU_Marvel_Virgin_Mobile_1.37.351.1_Radio_47.10.35.3029H_7.46.35.08_release_188032_signed.exe

It got to "waiting for bootloader...." but phone just shutdown then it got error cant connect. so i closed the RUU and took my battery out and tried to boot 3 vibes no led and no screen.

tried vol down + power same thing

I have tried everything here not even any of the PG76IMG.zip file on SD are working an im stressed now :/ there is no warranty, i bought it off ebay please help! this is my business phone

You flashed a Virgin Mobile Canada RUU (GSM/Marvel) to your Virgin Mobile USA (CDMA/Marvelc).

Trust me. Been there. Done that. The 3 Vibe Fix does not work. Qualcomm diagnostics mode does not look at your SD Card.

You need the QPST tool. Google it. After you have it, go to http://teamblueridge.com/irc-channels.html and sign in to the bottom one using your XDA name. Ask for insink71. If he's not there, come back later. I will be on tomorrow to help you, but I can't tonight.

Last edited:

finance.resat

Apr 24, 2012
Dhaka
OK Mr. Tech Guy

OK im Downloading now.....at this point im willing to try anything..... what is jtagging? dont sugar coat it to much :D im pretty technology inclined:laugh:

EDIT: No luck and battery is still cold, as if it isnt staying on but it wont do 3 vibe unless i remove and place the batt....

It looks somting like this pic as I seen in the shop. Aint so complicated right??

attachment.php

And the JTAG Map For WFS

attachment.php

Attachments

• riff_box_fonefun_testpoint_box_jtag.jpg
    riff_box_fonefun_testpoint_box_jtag.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 559
  • WildfireS_JTAG.jpg
    WildfireS_JTAG.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 566
Last edited: