• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bricked Huawei P smart 2018 FIG-LX1 stuck in ERROR MODE

Search This thread

LucastheBowser

Dec 6, 2020
EDIT: I could fix this, if you have a device that works with HuRUpdater just download an update.zip, put that and the HuRUpdater zip in a new folder and it updates the recovery through TWRP so that's how I fixed it.
So I'm stuck in ERROR MODE. The only mode that works for me is Fastboot. I tried to reinstall recovery_ramdisk, system, cust and userdata but still in the same error. Before the brick EMUI 9.1 was installed. I've tried to install LineageOS 16 on my phone with TWRP, but I got error 7. First I've restored the nanddroid backup and I went stuck at a bootloop. I've entered eRecovery and downloaded the lastest version available on server and got this error. Any solutions for it? And the bootloader is unlocked, same with FRP. The error that shows in the screen
IMG_0001.JPG
is Func. NO: 11 (recovery image) and Error NO: 2 (load failed). Would be appreciated if someone answers.
Here is how Fastboot looks like...
IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020
I've had a similar situation which I got out of using advice from this forum. Basically, I erased data from fastboot, flashed the stock 9.1 recovery (which I found a link for in one of the P Smart ROM threads) and lineage boot.img.

I MAY also have powered on with BOTH volume keys pressed.

You do have fastboot access, so I'd guess you will eventually be able to recover via the stock recovery.

LucastheBowser

Dec 6, 2020
I've had a similar situation which I got out of using advice from this forum. Basically, I erased data from fastboot, flashed the stock 9.1 recovery (which I found a link for in one of the P Smart ROM threads) and lineage boot.img.

I MAY also have powered on with BOTH volume keys pressed.

You do have fastboot access, so I'd guess you will eventually be able to recover via the stock recovery.
Thanks for the help but forget this, I could fix it, I'm gonna modify the thread to inform that I could solve it. I finally could access twrp via the 3 button update method and used HuRUpdater to update the recovery and could fix the phone with an EMUI 8 rom and recovery that I flashed with HuRUpdater. Also, I could install LineageOS without ERROR 7 by modifying a text file in the ROM zip. Thanks anyway.