Bricked Idol 3, need help recovering

Search This thread

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
i'm trying to uptade the phone by mobile upgrade but it's still says that is no greater upgrade. i go to TWRP and wipe system , then i use the mobile upgrade and it says the same . i unplug phone from pc and then phone take bootloop

sorry for english

The first time you exit the Mobile Q software the phone may do a boot loop but others have reported if you hold down power to turn it off afterward then power it back on it boots normally.

superglenko

Oct 28, 2015
I bricked my idol 3 4.7 too.
I restore stock rom with twrp and the phone stuck in bootloop.
No download mod, no recovery, adb/fastboot dont see the phone.
My pc recognize the phone as QHSUSB_BULK.
After I was looking for drivers, this QHSUSB_BULK change to ALCATEL HS-USB Diagnostics 9006.
I tried repair with Mobile Upgrade Q 4.9.2 but the process stucked at "Scanning you mobile phone"

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
I bricked my idol 3 4.7 too.
I restore stock rom with twrp and the phone stuck in bootloop.
No download mod, no recovery, adb/fastboot dont see the phone.
My pc recognize the phone as QHSUSB_BULK.
After I was looking for drivers, this QHSUSB_BULK change to ALCATEL HS-USB Diagnostics 9006.
I tried repair with Mobile Upgrade Q 4.9.2 but the process stucked at "Scanning you mobile phone"

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

Did you plugged your phone already switched off?

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
Yes, screen doesn't show anything. When i hold power button, i think the phone may restart because the driver disappear and come back on my pc.

Try holding down arrow (or up arrow) while turning the phone on....one arrow put the phone in recovery mode...the other puts the phone in download mode....in download mode you should be able to use alcatel's software...in recovery mode (assuming you installed TWRP) you should be able to restore a backup.

superglenko

Oct 28, 2015
Try holding down arrow (or up arrow) while turning the phone on....one arrow put the phone in recovery mode...the other puts the phone in download mode....in download mode you should be able to use alcatel's software...in recovery mode (assuming you installed TWRP) you should be able to restore a backup.

I tried these combinations before, but still led light on and no screen. I can do something with qfil or msmdownload tool?

Last edited:

wiemar

Apr 1, 2010
i make mistake: update boot from 6045 on my 6039h and now see only logo alcatel. mobile upgrade q cant connect to my device, fastboot commands not working. just can enter to recovery mode (only wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache). :(

i revived my idol 3 (6039h) with backup maked from twrp one day ago :D

1. install mobile upgrade q 4.9.2 for drivers
2. download 6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk and unpack
3. install QPST 2.7.422
4. turn off phone and connect to pc, wait when battery icon disappear
5. now press and hold: volume up down and power button - that sequence. release power button but still hold volume up and down. you must see that (i know it is hard to get that):
idol3.jpg

press long power up button - screen should be clean black
now you can see in windows manager device new port:
portt.jpg

6. run qfil.exe from qpst.
select port Android HS-USB QDLoader 9008
programmer path: from 6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk > prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
search path: select 6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk
load xml: rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml
press download
look screen for details
qpstt.jpg

7. restart phone and you should see twrp mode
twrpp.jpg

8. now you can restore your backup

QPST 2.7.422
Code:
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/44sDFx7T/file.html

6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk
Code:
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/1YYgHSNO/file.html

mobile upgrade q 4.9.2
Code:
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/btmGOA4v/file.html

after this you should install twrp from this post
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/idol-3/development/6039-custom-recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-t3175507
because only this can install modified ota update

Last edited:

Gsmfanatic

Jul 5, 2010
Hi

i have idol 3 (6045) bricked sutck on alcatel onetouch screen, is there anyway to put official rom? or other? how? i can enter in recovery mode and have reboot to bootloader option

best regards

MBix

Dec 4, 2015
i make mistake: update boot from 6045 on my 6039h and now see only logo alcatel. mobile upgrade q cant connect to my device, fastboot commands not working. just can enter to recovery mode (only wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache). :(

3. install QPST 2.7.422
5. now press and hold: volume up down and power button - that sequence. release power button but still hold volume up and down. you must see that (i know it is hard to get that):
idol3.jpg

portt.jpg

press download
look screen for details
qpstt.jpg

twrpp.jpg

QPST 2.7.422
Code:

6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk
Code:

mobile upgrade q 4.9.2
Code:

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/idol-3/development/6039-custom-recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-t3175507

It says : Download Fail:Sahara FailValeue cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
Please Help!

gitarul

Nov 25, 2008
Hi all,
Some time ago my Alcatel 6039Y gone dead while I was checking my mail. Since then it displayed a battery icon when connected to the charger but only one or two times. For now it only lights up the led when connected and shows up in PC as a QDLoader9008.
I'm trying to get it back to work with QFIL but I'm still getting the same error:
Code:
Start Download
Program Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk\prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
COM Port number:5
Sahara Connecting ...
Sahara Version:2
Start Sending Programmer
Sending Programmer Finished
Switch To FireHose
Max Payload Size to Target:49152 Bytes
Device Type:eMMC
Platform:8x26
Disable Ack Raw Data Every N Packets
Ack Raw Data:False
Skip Write:False
Always Validate:False
Use Verbose:False
COM Port number:5
Sending NOP
NOP: Fail Code: 9
Unable to send FireHose NOP, Device is not in Firehose mode !
Download Fail:System.Exception: Failed to send Firehose NOP to the phone.
   at QC.QMSLPhone.Phone.QPHONEMS_FireHoseNOP()
   at QC.SwDownloadDLL.SwDownload.FireHoseDownloadImage(Boolean bResetPhone, List`1 rawprogramFilesList, List`1 patchFilesList, Single& fImageSizeInMB, Single& fThroughput)
Download Fail:FireHose Fail FireHose Fail
Finish Download
Device was running stock rom.
Could anyone help me with this issue?

Last edited:

Mukdha

Nov 10, 2017
I need Help

I have faced a problem while flashing my Alcatel Idol 3 using Mobile Upgrade Q application.
The state loading software goes 99 and come backs to 33 again instead of 100. #Need_Help

Mobile Upgrade Q v5.1.8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As @famewolf asked me in one of the other threads, and provided the necessary information, I created the files which can flash a recovery image on the phone in Download mode. If someone still has a phone in bootloop state after the upgrade and wants to experiment with it, please let me know. The files are for 6045 (16GB).

3. install QPST 2.7.422
    idol3.jpg

portt.jpg

press download
    look screen for details
    qpstt.jpg

twrpp.jpg

QPST 2.7.422
    Code:

6039Y_TWRP_with_gdisk
    Code:

mobile upgrade q 4.9.2
    Code:

Code:
    Ok thanks for the input and advice. As a last ditch effort, is there a way to create or modify the twrp file as a "signed" zip file so that I could boot into it via stock recovery. This was how I rooted my old Galaxy S2, although it was a CWM recovery.

Nothing so far has worked in that regard...in fact I created a update.zip using "zipme" to replace the build.prop that another user says the factory recovery refused to process.

Without a full factory rom to pull needed info in or the source code to compile one we can't do some of the things which would "save" the device.
    Can you post a screenshot where the option is? I'm not doubting your word but perhaps he's looking in the wrong place? I'm back on TWRP so can't look in the stock recovery myself.

There is no option for screenshot while the phone is in the stock recovery. I need a camera to take a picture of the menu. I can do this later. The menu however looks like this:
    Code:
    reboot system now 
    apply update from ADB 
    apply update from sdcard 
    apply update from phone storage
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition 
    reboot to bootloader 
    power down 
    view recovery log
    If it's right off the main page like that then I can confirm it's not on the 6045. It's been one of the main issues with folks bricking their devices...if their rom gets messed up and they have factory recovery they have no way to get into bootloader to do anything to repair the device. Seems alcatel needs to add the reboot to bootloader to our recovery. I wonder where we could report that.

Is there a way to "lock" recovery so the updates cannot replace twrp? TWRP allows adb access and reboot to bootloader.
    This is a snapshot from the recovery menu of 6039y.
    The short answer of your question regarding the "lock" is ... no. If a longer explanation is needed ... this is from the update file, a link to which was provided by you:
    Code:
    if ! applypatch -c EMMC:/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery:18393344:f9062580503eb61b315a5d12c5c6b3bb133aa4b2; then
    ....etc.
    what it does is to check the sha1 sum of the recovery partition and if the sha1 sum doesn't match to f9062580503eb61b315a5d12c5c6b3bb133aa4b2 will continue with an overwriting of the recovery partition and then will apply a patch. It can't be changed because the whole update will fail.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone