bricked lg k8 (lg-k350n) - is there a way to get to fastboot to flash anything?

Search This thread

xor512

Jul 4, 2020
I was trying to flash lg-k350n with LineageOs and make a whole bunch of idiotic deeds, so currently I'm felling like dying is the best option for me.

1. I've used this tutorial: .getdroidtips.com/install-custom-rom-using-twrp-recovery. It clearly says that this ROM is for Android 8.0 Oreo, while mine is Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Nevertheless I've downloaded ROM lineage-15.0-20170913-Unofficial-MT6735-64-bit.zip. For some reason TWRP mentioned here getdroidtips.com/lineage-os-15-lg-k8-8-0-oreo/ did not wok for me but I've googled a bit and found something called TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img which worked (not by fastboot flash TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img since this TWRP appeared to be to big but simply by fastboot boot TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img).

So I just did:i
turn on debugger
turn off oem lock
adb boot bootloader
fastboot boot TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img

Feeling happy that TWRP loaded nicely I had not done any backjup and just wiped system as suggested here: lineageos.org/devices/h990/install. Then I've tried to installl the Android 8..0. ROM with obviously did not work. And I've got left with a TWRP working and then I've put the last needle in my coffin - I've rebooted hoping that some hard reset or recovery will fix things for me.

So now I have a phone which I'm able to put to recovery, but it does not recover anything. The phone just go dead after such a recovery.

I cannot put it into fastboot mode, if I could, I would just run 'fastboot boot TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img' and at least had a chance to google a bit for maybe a vanilla ROM or anything working, which I could've later installer.

I've seen that there is a way to put the phone into download mode when it will download stuff from S/W "LG Bridge", bu I don't have Windows and haven't yet tried in virtualbox.

Is there any way to unbrick the device? Please help an idiot!

• Haha
Reactions: QuickBrown

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
Sorry, you have to find a Windows box I'm afraid, LG is only offering Windows software for flashing. But chances are quite good that you are able to revive the telephone that way. I have bricked my phone as well but was able to unbrick it this way:
  • Go to www.lg.com, choose your language, select download, software and firmware.
  • Select smartphone, Android smartphones, K-series and your model number. This is only to come to the download site of LG Bridge, I guess it's not really important to choose the precise model!
  • Download LG Bridge, install and start it.
  • Let it update itself and the USB drivers and keep the software running.
  • Switch off the phone, press Volume up and keep holding that button.
  • Connect the phone with via USB with the PC while still pressing Volume Up. The phone should be recognized by the PC (install USB driver) and by LG Bridge (watch the status line to the left, it should show the phone type and USB)
  • The phone should automatically switch on and show a download screen (yippee!)
  • Select the second tab "software update" and then click on "correct update error" in the lower right. It should automatically download the correct firmware from the internet, so this is rather fool proof!
  • Click through it and this should start the flashing process, at the end the phone will automatically reboot, ask for the PIN, etc.
Unbricked!!!
  • Above instruction worked for me on a completely demolished phone. Lineage OS, changed FS, root attempted, I almost though that's it, but no, it recovered, thumbs up.
  • I haven't tried in Virtual Box, so I cannot tell if this is working. But you've got nothing to loose, right, so why not try it?

• Wow
Reactions: QuickBrown

QuickBrown

Nov 11, 2015
Jazan
I was trying to flash lg-k350n with LineageOs and make a whole bunch of idiotic deeds, so currently I'm felling like dying is the best option for me.

1. I've used this tutorial: .getdroidtips.com/install-custom-rom-using-twrp-recovery. It clearly says that this ROM is for Android 8.0 Oreo, while mine is Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Nevertheless I've downloaded ROM lineage-15.0-20170913-Unofficial-MT6735-64-bit.zip. For some reason TWRP mentioned here getdroidtips.com/lineage-os-15-lg-k8-8-0-oreo/ did not wok for me but I've googled a bit and found something called TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img which worked (not by fastboot flash TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img since this TWRP appeared to be to big but simply by fastboot boot TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img).

turn on debugger
turn off oem lock
adb boot bootloader

Feeling happy that TWRP loaded nicely I had not done any backjup and just wiped system as suggested here: lineageos.org/devices/h990/install. Then I've tried to installl the Android 8..0. ROM with obviously did not work. And I've got left with a TWRP working and then I've put the last needle in my coffin - I've rebooted hoping that some hard reset or recovery will fix things for me.

So now I have a phone which I'm able to put to recovery, but it does not recover anything. The phone just go dead after such a recovery.

I cannot put it into fastboot mode, if I could, I would just run 'fastboot boot TWRP-recovery-for-LG-K8.img' and at least had a chance to google a bit for maybe a vanilla ROM or anything working, which I could've later installer.

I've seen that there is a way to put the phone into download mode when it will download stuff from S/W "LG Bridge", bu I don't have Windows and haven't yet tried in virtualbox.

same here, we are two now.

QuickBrown

Nov 11, 2015
Jazan
Sorry, you have to find a Windows box I'm afraid, LG is only offering Windows software for flashing. But chances are quite good that you are able to revive the telephone that way. I have bricked my phone as well but was able to unbrick it this way:
  • Go to www.lg.com, choose your language, select download, software and firmware.
  • Select smartphone, Android smartphones, K-series and your model number. This is only to come to the download site of LG Bridge, I guess it's not really important to choose the precise model!
  • Download LG Bridge, install and start it.
  • Let it update itself and the USB drivers and keep the software running.
  • Switch off the phone, press Volume up and keep holding that button.
  • Connect the phone with via USB with the PC while still pressing Volume Up. The phone should be recognized by the PC (install USB driver) and by LG Bridge (watch the status line to the left, it should show the phone type and USB)
  • The phone should automatically switch on and show a download screen (yippee!)
  • Select the second tab "software update" and then click on "correct update error" in the lower right. It should automatically download the correct firmware from the internet, so this is rather fool proof!
  • Click through it and this should start the flashing process, at the end the phone will automatically reboot, ask for the PIN, etc.
Unbricked!!!
  • Above instruction worked for me on a completely demolished phone. Lineage OS, changed FS, root attempted, I almost though that's it, but no, it recovered, thumbs up.
  • I haven't tried in Virtual Box, so I cannot tell if this is working. But you've got nothing to loose, right, so why not try it?
your phone cannot be trusted loooooop, cannot goto download and fastboot mode...

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
If you don't manage to enter download mode you have probably indeed bricked the phone. If what I've written above doesn't work for you I know of no other way to resurrect it, sorry.
This is because you cannot burn TWRP to the Flash plus there's no tool available to bootstrap an LG phone with a completely naked or corrupted Flash. There must be something like that, because a freshly manufactured phone has by definition a naked Flash.
With Samsung phones you have Odin and with it it is possible to burn a software to a completely dead phone. So it is almost impossible to hard brick it. With LG unfortunately it is different. Plus this phone is somehow crippled, it has only a very, very limited amount of Flash. So I would recommend to not care for this phone anymore, it's not worth it, and instead get a current one with a decent amount of memory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

turn on debugger
    turn off oem lock
    adb boot bootloader