• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

bricked lg v50 sprint variant.

Search This thread
Dec 30, 2020
so, i was following the guide for the bootloader unlocking process and succeeded. rooting process is what bricked my phone, unfortunately.

i loaded the patched magisk image in to boot_a like it said, and hoping that everything would have went well, it did not.

now phone will not boot. recovery modeis broken. adb does not recognize my device, and i have no clue how to get to edl mode from there.
as far as im aware, there is no kdz for the lg v50 sprint variant. (v450) unfortunately.

can anyone help me?

i feel like im SOL

It's not my main phone, but I really like the cameras on it. Was just looking to rid it of lgs software.

Last edited:

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
Which abl you used to unlock?The one provides for LG G8 is untested for sprint V50,it's highly you missed something,you need get into the abl's fastboot mode to flash back the original kernel

Dec 30, 2020
Which abl you used to unlock?The one provides for LG G8 is untested for sprint V50,it's highly you missed something,you need get into the abl's fastboot mode to flash back the original kernel
It boots into fastboot as soon as it boots up. So there's hope. Adb just doesn't recognize my phone. The thread said it worked, and everyone else who had the sprint v50 said it worked. So I don't know what went wrong

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
It boots into fastboot as soon as it boots up. So there's hope. Adb just doesn't recognize my phone. The thread said it worked, and everyone else who had the sprint v50 said it worked. So I don't know what went wrong
Where is the thread?I didn't see any talked about V50,only G8's,the adb will not recognize because it's fastboot mode,you need the fastboot.exe to do further operations,not the adb

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
Ah, I see. I have the fastboot.exe in my platform tools folder.

The link is https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...YteGJNSWxEZlhydFpfWm9telNEbUhFZ1pFQlJ6amZORlg.
Good it seems using the rencently appeared lge programmer with G8X ES abl,are you get original phone from sprint ?It's unlocked someway more violent before for sprint model.Have you flashed the abl back?I suggest you follow the bootloader unlock section carefully https://bbs.lge.fun/thread-121.htm

Dec 30, 2020
Good it seems using the rencently appeared lge programmer with G8X ES abl,are you get original phone from sprint ?It's unlocked someway more violent before for sprint model.Have you flashed the abl back?I suggest you follow the bootloader unlock section carefully https://bbs.lge.fun/thread-121.htm
I haven't as I am at work, currently. I will try once I am back home. I mean, it seems as easy as just flashing stock boot_a.bin to the boot partition, right? Or am I wrong?

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
I haven't as I am at work, currently. I will try once I am back home. I mean, it seems as easy as just flashing stock boot_a.bin to the boot partition, right? Or am I wrong?
Yes,just patched the ramdisk file is not enough,you have to deal with dmverity or something else,the root aquirement on android had became much more complex than the early days because the damn google always try to block this routine,even the SuperSu had gave up fighting

Reactions: Beefybeardedbear
Dec 30, 2020
Yes,just patched the ramdisk file is not enough,you have to deal with dmverity or something else,the root aquirement on android had became much more complex than the early days because the damn google always try to block this routine,even the SuperSu had gave up fighting
yeah, i know. back in the old days, there were even apps like king root to give you root permission. damn google acts like we cant just have freedom. they are starting to act like apple now

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
yeah, i know. back in the old days, there were even apps like king root to give you root permission. damn google acts like we cant just have freedom. they are starting to act like apple now
I sincerely suggest you buying some Chinese ODM 5G phones instead of these hell-like phones,It's all carrier unlocked and free to flash with the same Snapdragon Platform like oneplus Xiaomi.

Mr.PvT

Dec 3, 2020
You just need to find a V50 Sprint device from another user or your friend, then backup all partitions, back them up, then flash to your device.
Note: ignore imei partitions

qxp994

Apr 20, 2013
You flash them through fastboot by giving the following command:
fasboot [file name i.e abl_a] [file location]

Alternatively if you can go back to EDL/QFIL/9008 mode, you can load through the software

Reactions: Bronnel

geee0h

Mar 26, 2021
Just bricked my LG v50 450pm. following the unlock guide, im a potato and missed a step in my haste. phone only boots into bootloader, no recovery, and i am not sure if adb is recognizing the phone... any magic tricks to help ?

Dec 30, 2020
Just bricked my LG v50 450pm. following the unlock guide, im a potato and missed a step in my haste. phone only boots into bootloader, no recovery, and i am not sure if adb is recognizing the phone... any magic tricks to help ?
Unfortunately, I haven't even tried. And I've given up. Going to chinese brands now. They are way easier to root and rom. Like oneplus and xiaomi. You could try the method above that a member mentioned.

Reactions: geee0h

sinkoo1979

Get KDZ Tools
unzip the kdz
look for abl_a.img abl_b.img laf_a.img laf_b.img xbl_a.img xbl_b.img xbl_config_a.img xbl_config_b.img
flash it on fastboot. If you have follow the guide to unlock, you should have backed up all these files.
hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You flash them through fastboot by giving the following command:
    fasboot [file name i.e abl_a] [file location]

Alternatively if you can go back to EDL/QFIL/9008 mode, you can load through the software
    Unfortunately, I haven't even tried. And I've given up. Going to chinese brands now. They are way easier to root and rom. Like oneplus and xiaomi. You could try the method above that a member mentioned.