Question Bricked Mi PAD 5 PRO CN

Search This thread

daonzz

Nov 13, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello, i tried helping my grandmother by installing the global rom on her Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro WIFI, however as it didn't work i tried forcing the rom onto it by flashing it manually using fastboot, after this i am not able to power it on, or reach fastboot. It's just a black screen it doesn't matter how long you hold the power key it's just completely black.. Is there something i can do???? Or is it completely destroyed?
Use XPT pro ,

Attachments

• BD92FA05-0E02-4F45-95D4-5989840A63B2.jpeg
    BD92FA05-0E02-4F45-95D4-5989840A63B2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

Blitzz.666

Jan 10, 2018
Could you please link me one of those? I'm over in the EU so maybe they'll be fairly easy to find?
You should be able to find someone online that has a dev account and will help you to remove the back of the tablet, to short circuit 2 pins and force the tablet in EDL mode(no special cables required), plug in the usb-c cable to a pc\laptop with windows.
I did this when I locked the bootloader of my redmi k20 pro by accident that was CN and I had global rom on it.
i paid a guy 5 USD and via teamviewer he flashed the CN rom once again...but in EDL mode, where only dev accounts can flash roms.

desyncccccccc

Jan 8, 2022
You should be able to find someone online that has a dev account and will help you to remove the back of the tablet, to short circuit 2 pins and force the tablet in EDL mode(no special cables required), plug in the usb-c cable to a pc\laptop with windows.
I did this when I locked the bootloader of my redmi k20 pro by accident that was CN and I had global rom on it.
i paid a guy 5 USD and via teamviewer he flashed the CN rom once again...but in EDL mode, where only dev accounts can flash roms.
I already bought a cable that's supposed to do the short circuting for me, do i need to have it charged and can a depleated battery prevent it from connecting

Afaik edl mode was locked by Xiaomi long time go

amn1987

Damn! Does this mean that it's fully bricked then??, either way i ordered a new one for her but i'm still trying to fix it maybe for my little brother to use.
To make matters worse even official service center folks don't have access to EDL authorised accounts. Instead they insist on a motherboard replacement which is total BS. Your only recourse is to get hold of someone who does. They charge anywhere from $20-40 AFAIK.

parser

@desyncccccccc maybe a little late to party but official forum of xiaomi in turkey can assist you also.

it is basically authrozied account service for bricked devices and afaik they do not charge you anything since we screw around w xiaomi devices a lot here in Turkey :D

Reactions: amn1987

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, yes same as me. The tablet are in the 9008 edl state when you put it on your computer. there are many flashing tools out there, the problem are the flash authentification from xiaomis side. i prepared a empty pc with windows 10 and loaded the last fastboot image. then i got a telegram contact from a russian guy who was able to use the xiaomi auth procedure, cost me 30 dollar and 3 days to find out this crap
    @desyncccccccc maybe a little late to party but official forum of xiaomi in turkey can assist you also.

it is basically authrozied account service for bricked devices and afaik they do not charge you anything since we screw around w xiaomi devices a lot here in Turkey :D