Question Bricked Mi PAD 5 PRO CN

Search This thread

daonzz

Nov 13, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello, i tried helping my grandmother by installing the global rom on her Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro WIFI, however as it didn't work i tried forcing the rom onto it by flashing it manually using fastboot, after this i am not able to power it on, or reach fastboot. It's just a black screen it doesn't matter how long you hold the power key it's just completely black.. Is there something i can do???? Or is it completely destroyed?
Use XPT pro ,

Attachments

• BD92FA05-0E02-4F45-95D4-5989840A63B2.jpeg
    BD92FA05-0E02-4F45-95D4-5989840A63B2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180

Blitzz.666

Jan 10, 2018
Could you please link me one of those? I'm over in the EU so maybe they'll be fairly easy to find?
You should be able to find someone online that has a dev account and will help you to remove the back of the tablet, to short circuit 2 pins and force the tablet in EDL mode(no special cables required), plug in the usb-c cable to a pc\laptop with windows.
I did this when I locked the bootloader of my redmi k20 pro by accident that was CN and I had global rom on it.
i paid a guy 5 USD and via teamviewer he flashed the CN rom once again...but in EDL mode, where only dev accounts can flash roms.

desyncccccccc

Jan 8, 2022
You should be able to find someone online that has a dev account and will help you to remove the back of the tablet, to short circuit 2 pins and force the tablet in EDL mode(no special cables required), plug in the usb-c cable to a pc\laptop with windows.
I did this when I locked the bootloader of my redmi k20 pro by accident that was CN and I had global rom on it.
i paid a guy 5 USD and via teamviewer he flashed the CN rom once again...but in EDL mode, where only dev accounts can flash roms.
I already bought a cable that's supposed to do the short circuting for me, do i need to have it charged and can a depleated battery prevent it from connecting

Afaik edl mode was locked by Xiaomi long time go

amn1987

Damn! Does this mean that it's fully bricked then??, either way i ordered a new one for her but i'm still trying to fix it maybe for my little brother to use.
To make matters worse even official service center folks don't have access to EDL authorised accounts. Instead they insist on a motherboard replacement which is total BS. Your only recourse is to get hold of someone who does. They charge anywhere from $20-40 AFAIK.

parser

@desyncccccccc maybe a little late to party but official forum of xiaomi in turkey can assist you also.

it is basically authrozied account service for bricked devices and afaik they do not charge you anything since we screw around w xiaomi devices a lot here in Turkey :D

Reactions: amn1987

gurihemp

Dec 5, 2014
Brazil
Hello, i tried helping my grandmother by installing the global rom on her Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro WIFI, however as it didn't work i tried forcing the rom onto it by flashing it manually using fastboot, after this i am not able to power it on, or reach fastboot. It's just a black screen it doesn't matter how long you hold the power key it's just completely black.. Is there something i can do???? Or is it completely destroyed?
Good afternoon my friend, I am and I purchased the same tablet from the Brazilian aliexpress rom CN and I did the same procedure as you, but it gave an error and my tablet only turns on in mode 9008 ( EDL mode)

After a lot of searching I discovered that there are two ways to recover the device

1 - deep cable usb
2 - removing battery and putting usb installing rom through *MiFlash Tool*

solution 1
tutorial -
where to buy - https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32918029563.html

solution 2
With the battery disconnected from the device, connect the original USB cable and flash it with the miFlash Tool, I opted for option 1 and bought the cable, as soon as it arrives I'll post if I got it, good luck and sorry for my english

Last edited:
Reactions: desyncccccccc

desyncccccccc

Jan 8, 2022
Good afternoon my friend, I am and I purchased the same tablet from the Brazilian aliexpress rom CN and I did the same procedure as you, but it gave an error and my tablet only turns on in mode 9008 ( EDL mode)

After a lot of searching I discovered that there are two ways to recover the device

1 - deep cable usb

solution 1
tutorial -

solution 2
With the battery disconnected from the device, connect the original USB cable and flash it with the miFlash Tool, I opted for option 1 and bought the cable, as soon as it arrives I'll post if I got it, good luck and sorry for my english
Hello, thank you very much for the solution! i will try it out as soon as i can. I never ended up throwing the tablet away so it will be awesome if i can get it to work again!!

Reactions: gurihemp

gurihemp

Dec 5, 2014
Brazil
Olá, muito obrigado pela solução! vou experimentar assim que puder. Eu nunca acabei jogando o tablet fora, então será incrível se eu conseguir fazê-lo funcionar novamente !!
não desista ainda meu amigo, espero ter conseguido te ajudar, coloquei todas as informações que pude e tentei resumir o máximo que pude. assim que o cabo chegar vou testar novamente, se possível tente instalar o driver qualcomm 9008, o link está na descrição e ele aparecerá em seus dispositivos no meu computador. boa sorte para nós

gurihemp

Dec 5, 2014
Brazil

Rookie Bunny
hackvice Author |
laviniuc replied at 2021-08-17 02:19:20
well...

you dont "unlock" with magisk. you unlock from developer tools (back when it was working ... and booted)
Hi, yes I understand that.
I did the QFIL only yesterday before that I tried the Test point method and the result was the same.
And anyway when I tried the QFIL I got Sahara down Error. And I was unable to do anything.

Edit: Just tried again to boot in EDL with the pin and it worked but now I have "cannot receive hello packet" in MiFlash

View attachment 7729226
Edit2: Guys, I did it thankfully to this dude here
samsa What I did was:
Removed battery connector
- Reattached battery connector
- Connected phone via known-good USB cable to PC (connect straight to PC motherboard USB ports, do not use any USB hubs etc between phone and PC)
- Shorted the test point pins while holding "power" + "volume down" -buttons until I hear the windows device disconnect 2 times.
I used metal tweezers for mobile phone repair by IFIXIT xDMy phone now was in EDL mode with the notification flash blinking and in "device manager" was recognised by Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. But had Triangle Icon.I then updated the driver to the year 2013 and was fine.
Then I have successfully flashed the firmware with MiFlash.
-disconnected the USB cable and then the battery.
-reattached the battery and powered the phone!

amn1987

Rookie Bunny
hackvice Author |

I did the QFIL only yesterday before that I tried the Test point method and the result was the same.
And anyway when I tried the QFIL I got Sahara down Error. And I was unable to do anything.

Edit: Just tried again to boot in EDL with the pin and it worked but now I have "cannot receive hello packet" in MiFlash

View attachment 7729226
samsa What I did was:
- Connected phone via known-good USB cable to PC (connect straight to PC motherboard USB ports, do not use any USB hubs etc between phone and PC)
- Shorted the test point pins while holding "power" + "volume down" -buttons until I hear the windows device disconnect 2 times.
I used metal tweezers for mobile phone repair by IFIXIT xDMy phone now was in EDL mode with the notification flash blinking and in "device manager" was recognised by Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. But had Triangle Icon.I then updated the driver to the year 2013 and was fine.
That method doesn't work anymore as Xiaomi has blocked off the EDL mode. Only those with authorised EDL accounts can access. If the device is under warranty the service center should take care of it. Otherwise they will cite an issue with the motherboard and of course it's replacement is prohibitively expensive. In some countries even authorised service center folks don't have access to authorised EDL accounts.
Try the Xiaomi Turkey forums as suggested above or the Telegram group for paid help.

gurihemp

Dec 5, 2014
Brazil
boa noite meu amigo, meu Deep cable Xiaomi chegou ontem, porem sem sucesso, o boot EDL realmente foi bloqueado, entre contato com autorização xiaomi aqui minutos e no Brasil e atraves do teanview ele conseguiu em 5 teanview passar o nome do software que ele usou Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_V6 ou mais recente
Vou te falar passo a passo o que o técnico fez, se quisermos conectar via teanview e vou tentar te ajudar
Programas
* Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0 ( https://download.xiaomiprotool.com/Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0.zip )
* libusb ( https://github.com/libusb/libusb/releases/download/v1.0.26/libusb-1.0.26- binários.7z)
* Driver USB QDLoader ( https://www.gizdev.com/qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008-drivers/ )
Depois de tudo instalado, você vai executar o Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0 como administrador e criar uma conta, fazer login depois de
logar você vai procurar o modelo * Redmi k40 Gamming/ poco
F3 ( por causa do mesmo modelo de processador faça
tudo de acordo com a imagem que te enviar .... segure botao de desligar por 40 segundos desconectado ,,, apos isso conectar cel no pc e clique em + Flash NOW +

vídeo pra te dar alguma luz
qualquer coisa pode mandar mensagem que vamos vonversando , boa sorte

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 24

desyncccccccc

Jan 8, 2022
boa noite meu amigo, meu Deep cable Xiaomi chegou ontem, porem sem sucesso, o boot EDL realmente foi bloqueado, entre contato com autorização xiaomi aqui minutos e no Brasil e atraves do teanview ele conseguiu em 5 teanview passar o nome do software que ele usou Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_V6 ou mais recente
Vou te falar passo a passo o que o técnico fez, se quisermos conectar via teanview e vou tentar te ajudar
Programas
* Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0 ( https://download.xiaomiprotool.com/Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0.zip )
* libusb ( https://github.com/libusb/libusb/releases/download/v1.0.26/libusb-1.0.26- binários.7z)
* Driver USB QDLoader ( https://www.gizdev.com/qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008-drivers/ )
Depois de tudo instalado, você vai executar o Xiaomi_Pro_Tool_v6.0 como administrador e criar uma conta, fazer login depois de
tudo de acordo com a imagem que te enviar .... segure botao de desligar por 40 segundos desconectado ,,, apos isso conectar cel no pc e clique em + Flash NOW +

Any idea if this will actually work??

maxroy

Apr 12, 2015

Rookie Bunny
hackvice Author |

View attachment 7729226
samsa What I did was:
do you have a photo of the test point?

UmiCat

BOA TARDE AMIGO, O TÉCNICO OFICIAL XIAOMI USOU ESSES PROGRAMAS E NESSA ORDEM PARA VOLTAR O MEU MI PAD 5 PRO WI-FI A VIDA, ACREDITO QUE VAI SIM, BASTA TENTAR
(I don't understand the language, so I asked Dr Google!)
My understanding is that, yes, these tools are for unbricking Xiaomi devices, but you need to buy 'credits' from a distributor to use them. That is, having an 'authorised xiaomi accout' means having an account for one of those apps with paid credits. There are a few other similar apps out there if you look around. They all seem to work in a very similar way to Miflash or QFIL, but they have this paid capability for EDL flash. I am no technician, but I know this because I too have recently had someone unbrick my completely dead Pad 5 (Pro 5G) remotely this way. It took me a few days to find the right person (encountered a few time wasters), but it was worth it. I paid 30USD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Programas

Hello, yes same as me. The tablet are in the 9008 edl state when you put it on your computer. there are many flashing tools out there, the problem are the flash authentification from xiaomis side. i prepared a empty pc with windows 10 and loaded the last fastboot image. then i got a telegram contact from a russian guy who was able to use the xiaomi auth procedure, cost me 30 dollar and 3 days to find out this crap
    @desyncccccccc maybe a little late to party but official forum of xiaomi in turkey can assist you also.

it is basically authrozied account service for bricked devices and afaik they do not charge you anything since we screw around w xiaomi devices a lot here in Turkey :D

1 - deep cable usb

solution 1
    tutorial -

solution 2

1 - deep cable usb

solution 1
    tutorial -

solution 2
    Hello, thank you very much for the solution! i will try it out as soon as i can. I never ended up throwing the tablet away so it will be awesome if i can get it to work again!!