• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bricked my Acer a500

Search This thread

killeruio

Aug 28, 2011
Hi there,
This is my first Android tablet, and was quite impressed. I did have one problem, and that was netflix not working with the tablet. Within 5 hours of opening the box it came in, I bricked my a500. It was trying to flash the tablet with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178773 , since other members said it worked, but I bricked my tablet. I used CWM Recovery to flash it (after rooting of course) and I think the settings made it go to a Galaxy Tab 10.1 Setting, but I didn't know that I had hit it instead of hitting back. I flash the update, and the tablet bricks. I get a LNX checksum error every time I try to boot, and I have tried installing OTA as well as other update methods, such as sc2k's thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1129873 and http://androidforums.com/acer-iconia-tab-a500/345419-un-brick-acer-iconia-tab-a500.html . None of the above have helped, as every time I try to install any of the update.zip from a microSD card, the Android loading screen stops about a 1/4th way through and I'm left with a Yellow Warning sign. Any help would be appreciated. To be left with a bricked pad within 5 hours of receiving it is pretty depressing, and I would like to enjoy this for as long as it lasts. (I thought it would be like PSP custom firmware modding, but sadly i was wrong)

killeruio

Aug 28, 2011
Sadly, that guide is for phones/ samsung, so I don't know what to do from there.

Maybe if I have a copy of the latest firmware, that might work. Seeing as I just got it today, it might work if I use the latest firmware (I also updated it today as well)

Last edited:

zoubidou

Oct 22, 2010
Paris
first of all I don't really understand what you did.
second, the download update.zip is for asus eeepad instead of acer iconia

if ever you have a problem with an acer iconia product, i would suggest you should use a stock acer iconia 3.1 rom.

you can find it in the dev section
also don't forget to get the zip decryption tool, you can also find it in the dev section.
then once decryption is done, extract the update.zip and put it on the external sd card (which i hope you have)

once on it put the card into the appropriate place in the acer iconia

then you hit volume+ (volume plus) and the power button until it restarts. after release the power button but keep you finger int the volume+ until you see a message that it is formatting data cache etc..

then you are back to stock ACER and you take it from there to patch.b don't even try to use any other type of ROM since you don't seem to be to experienced.

Reactions: darvis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all I don't really understand what you did.
    second, the download update.zip is for asus eeepad instead of acer iconia

if ever you have a problem with an acer iconia product, i would suggest you should use a stock acer iconia 3.1 rom.

you can find it in the dev section
    also don't forget to get the zip decryption tool, you can also find it in the dev section.
    then once decryption is done, extract the update.zip and put it on the external sd card (which i hope you have)

once on it put the card into the appropriate place in the acer iconia

then you hit volume+ (volume plus) and the power button until it restarts. after release the power button but keep you finger int the volume+ until you see a message that it is formatting data cache etc..

then you are back to stock ACER and you take it from there to patch.b don't even try to use any other type of ROM since you don't seem to be to experienced.