Question Bricked my OP 9 Pro TMB

Search This thread

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
Hi XDA Community,

I soft-bricked my phone, it gets stuck on fastboot even after flashing my backup. The only thing I didn't backup is my userdata partition. Does anyone have the T-mobile firmware so I can unbrick?

Thanks

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Unfortunately, TMO MSM doesn't exist currently, and full OTAs are not available, so there is no good way to extract /system, /system_ext, /vendor, /product, and /odm from super. It sounds like you backed up everything though, so what happens if you just flash everything back?

amaroney55

Unfortunately, TMO MSM doesn't exist currently, and full OTAs are not available, so there is no good way to extract /system, /system_ext, /vendor, /product, and /odm from super. It sounds like you backed up everything though, so what happens if you just flash everything back?
I extracted all that even vbmeta_vendor all partitions. If you can tell me how to send it to you I will let u look over everything and I can see if it will help ppl. I used it to get my 9 pro unbricked. I got the convert to us OnePlus os in. I just can't update yet.

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
You can zip it using something like 7-zip and put it on anonfile, they have 20GB limit but compression makes the folder size smaller. Thanks a ton!

Or you could use gofile, unlimited storage space.

Last edited:

Jhoopes517

• Oct 10, 2010
    Mobile, AL
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Hey I might be able to help you dude? I pulled my tmo firmware as back up. I mean I pulled every partition and made a flashall.bat if I knew how to put it on a site or share with my drive it's 20gb.
    Did you get this backed up online yet by chance?

I want to flash Global myself but waiting till there is at least something to attempt to flash to fix if it breaks.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
    OnePlus 8T
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    What partitions did you backup using that app and were you able to successfully restore using that app as well? Does the BL remain unlocked after restore?
    He's running an experimental MSM conversion I built, it's not public yet. It does not touch the BL unlock. The process is not stable and it's not ready for public use.

That, and it's no longer the TMO ROM, and there is no good way back w/o an official LE2127 MSM

Last edited:

amaroney55

I am gonna try to write a guide my first one if I am not breaking any rules. Anyone can tweak or down it? But like I say messing with android is trail and error. I am gonna put the. Rom I pulled and used to unbrick while y'all are waiting on the msm. To me. This is just an easy fast fix so look out for it on the guides.

Reactions: djjafi

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
    I backed up everything except for userdata. Make sure you manually dd the super partition to a super.img, otherwise it stays a tar. That's the mistake I made. I'm sure I can convert it but prob not worth the hassle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Also, you can back it up yourself using Partitions backup and restore on the Play Store. Just make sure you are rooted, otherwise it won't work.
      I am gonna try to write a guide my first one if I am not breaking any rules. Anyone can tweak or down it? But like I say messing with android is trail and error. I am gonna put the. Rom I pulled and used to unbrick while y'all are waiting on the msm. To me. This is just an easy fast fix so look out for it on the guides.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone