• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bricked my phone today...

Search This thread

Lanes100

Nov 20, 2019
So I had flashed TWRP earlier and didn't realise that I had to reflash the stock recovery before re locking the bootloader. I re locked the bootloader because I wanted the finger print scanner to work again, but now I am left with a bootlooping phone. I was going to try to flash the stock recovery, but I cannot install the Realme X2 Pro drivers for some reason on Windows. I am going to try using FWUL to flash the stock recovery, but I don't know if it is going to work. Any advice for a poor noob soul like me?

Edit: FWUL was no dice. Couldn't even get the phone to be detected while holding down the volume button to possibly put it into EDL mode. I'm gonna have to buy an EDL cable so I can short it and boot to EDL and reflash the stock recovery. Tune in on Sunday to find out what happens next!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocheton

Lanes100

Nov 20, 2019
Don't buy any cable, you can't boot to EDL without twrp.

I actually managed to get it in EDL mode and it shows up in device manager in Windows. I don't know what to do from here though... I tried using the msm download tool but i cant get the tool to even open on my PC.

os_man

Sep 30, 2005
istanbul
www.androidbrick.com
Really ? How, with cable ?
With locked bootlader I am sorry to say this but you need unbrick (EDL) rom of X2 Pro.
Maybe try OnePlus 7T's unbrick rom ? Who knows it might work if they both share the same loader, or you may end up with hard brick.

Lanes100

Nov 20, 2019
Really ? How, with cable ?
With locked bootlader I am sorry to say this but you need unbrick (EDL) rom of X2 Pro.
Maybe try OnePlus 7T's unbrick rom ? Who knows it might work if they both share the same loader, or you may end up with hard brick.

No not with a cable. I just held down the volume up button while plugging it in and it went to EDL mode. I dont think I will be able to use the OnePlus rom, but I know they do use the same bootloader so maybe it's possible? I am gonna wait and see if i can get the msm download tool for this phone from support and use that before going to the last resort of the OnePlus rom.

os_man

Sep 30, 2005
istanbul
www.androidbrick.com
No not with a cable. I just held down the volume up button while plugging it in and it went to EDL mode. I dont think I will be able to use the OnePlus rom, but I know they do use the same bootloader so maybe it's possible? I am gonna wait and see if i can get the msm download tool for this phone from support and use that before going to the last resort of the OnePlus rom.

Funny thing, I have CN version, first thing I tried Volume Up and plugging ubn cable, like any other OnePlus till today, but no luck. My phone goes into EDL only from twrp.
Anyway, I am searching Chinese forums for unbrick rom too, will let you know if I can find.

natedogg20050

Aug 19, 2009
did you find anything ?

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Bricked my phone today using TWRP when i flashed the ozip , is there already any unbrick tool for the realme x2 pro ?

Designguru

Jan 16, 2020
Funny thing, I have CN version, first thing I tried Volume Up and plugging ubn cable, like any other OnePlus till today, but no luck. My phone goes into EDL only from twrp.
Anyway, I am searching Chinese forums for unbrick rom too, will let you know if I can find.

Did you find any tools to unbrick the phone?

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
No one yet knows and until a working Tool is found then it’s game over. I have tried twice contacting RealmeEU but they never respond. Absolutely terrible customer service, where they can’t reply to an email.

Despite the X2 being a great value device, what they really need to also vastly improve on is responding to their customers.

Reactions: NickDrap

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Anyone find a unbrick method yet?
Hello , I was successful to extract the ofp firmware for the CN and GLOBAL version. The firmware is kind of QFIL based firmware and include patch0.xml , rawprogram0.xml , prog_firehose_ddr.elf that can be loaded on the Qualcomm QFIL tool for flashing a stock rom on EDL mode without having a unlock bootloder. I have posted a guide, go try it and post a comment if it works - https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-x2-pro/how-to/to-unbrick-hard-brick-device-lock-t4091925 .Please read full details in the guide .

Last edited:

Ahmad Malek

Oct 2, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
so, did someone managed to find a way around that?
i got the same issue bootloader Locked with unable to boot device due to damaged (boot/recovery)
but I can get to the EDL Mode
is there something I can do to fix this with del mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I had flashed TWRP earlier and didn't realise that I had to reflash the stock recovery before re locking the bootloader. I re locked the bootloader because I wanted the finger print scanner to work again, but now I am left with a bootlooping phone. I was going to try to flash the stock recovery, but I cannot install the Realme X2 Pro drivers for some reason on Windows. I am going to try using FWUL to flash the stock recovery, but I don't know if it is going to work. Any advice for a poor noob soul like me?

Edit: FWUL was no dice. Couldn't even get the phone to be detected while holding down the volume button to possibly put it into EDL mode. I'm gonna have to buy an EDL cable so I can short it and boot to EDL and reflash the stock recovery. Tune in on Sunday to find out what happens next!
    No one yet knows and until a working Tool is found then it’s game over. I have tried twice contacting RealmeEU but they never respond. Absolutely terrible customer service, where they can’t reply to an email.

Despite the X2 being a great value device, what they really need to also vastly improve on is responding to their customers.
    Any updates yet? My phone isn't bricked but I'm trying to be sure whether i can flash stock rom if anything goes wrong..