Bricked my Realme 2 PRO

Search This thread

Thetpcguy

Sep 19, 2016
Hi,
So I unlocked the bootloader, installed the official twrp 3.2.30 available on this thread. These are the things I did
1. Wipe>format data>Typed "Yes"
2. Swipe to factory reset
3. Flashed a GSI ROM (PE ROM) It didn't boot
4. Flashed "disable-encryption -RMX1801.zip" and booted again but same result
5. Flashed another GSI rom (AOSP EXTENDED) It showed up the logo:eek: but was loading forever
6. Tried another GSI rom but it doesn't even show logo basically same Realme bootloop
*** I did take a twrp backup BACKUP> SYSTEM, VENDOR, DATA,BOOT, RECOVERY, EFS" (Just in case) I don't remember whether I took this backup before "formatting data or after that.
Now,
1. I can restore TWRP back up but it doesn't boot same problem.
2. I tried installing 3 different gsi 9.0 roms but no result.
3. I download the stock realme 2 pro firmware but don't really know how to flash it with some type of pc recovery.

How do I get back to stock? Or be able to boot any rom which is available right now?? There are only GSI ROMs but no regular roms otherwise I could have flashed it.
Any help wold be appreciated.

UPDATE: THIS IS IMPORTANT (SOLUTION) So after fiddling with every other possible alternative, I solved this by simply installing the twrp by anabhi and main thing is "boot+magisk+patch.img" so after installing both of these, I again try restoring the twrp backup and simply installed flashed the "boot+magisk+pagth.img" after that it booted fine. So my guess was right that I needed a file something similar to "lazy flasher" for Xiaomi devices which I was missing. I tried flashing that official twrp along with "disable_encryption_RMX1801.IMG" in the same above process but it doesn't work.
So finally I booted back into Color OS and now I'm going to try and flash a gsi image and try again.
I would like to thank all of you guys who quickly replied and tried to help which is the best part I love about XDA. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME and you inspire me to type and spend some good time typing and helping others as well. Cheers!!

Last edited:

Zaibuluk

Jan 8, 2019
Bandung
Hi,
So I unlocked the bootloader, installed the official twrp 3.2.30 available on this thread. These are the things I did
5. Flashed another GSI rom (AOSP EXTENDED) It showed up the logo:eek: but was loading forever
6. Tried another GSI rom but it doesn't even show logo basically same Realme bootloop
*** I did take a twrp backup BACKUP> SYSTEM, VENDOR, DATA,BOOT, RECOVERY, EFS" (Just in case) I don't remember whether I took this backup before "formatting data or after that.
Now,
3. I download the stock realme 2 pro firmware but don't really know how to flash it with some type of pc recovery.

How do I get back to stock? Or be able to boot any rom which is available right now?? There are only GSI ROMs but no regular roms otherwise I could have flashed it.
maybe the same problem. https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-2-pro/help/please-help-restore-t3893602 I got a good answer, even though I had never tried it because I went to the service center before getting an answer

Reactions: Thetpcguy

Thetpcguy

Sep 19, 2016
maybe the same problem. https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-2-pro/help/please-help-restore-t3893602 I got a good answer, even though I had never tried it because I went to the service center before getting an answer

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply!!
Are you saying that the service centre guys can fix this? I mean flash stock rom? Because I unlocked bootloader and flashed twrp recovery. I formatted data and all. Do you think they have the tool to put stock rom again??

Thetpcguy

Sep 19, 2016
bad news is that there is no official tool to flash stock rom yet but you can go to oppo service center and get it flashed stock rom for free.

Hi, Thanks for the fast response. Do you really think they can put back stock rom? If they have such a tool to restore stock rom then why wouldn't they already release it to general public? I'm not really hopeful that they have such tool to actually put back the stock rom. I know they have lot of proprietary stuff but can you confirm this?

Ben10Tom

Nov 24, 2014
Bangalore
I forgot to ask, How many days or how much time did they take to flash stock rom? And Btw which region or place you are from if don't mind me asking?

Your phone can be flashed with the Stock ROM at the service center. It would take a 1 day at the most, but, most definitely less than that if they have the OS at hand with them.

My suggestion would be that you could wait till the full Kernel Source is released and official ROMs are released for the RM2Pro and flash those ROMs. It's the safer alternative.

prince1995

Jul 9, 2013
talcher
Are you saying that the service centre guys can fix this? I mean flash stock rom? Because I unlocked bootloader and flashed twrp recovery. I formatted data and all. Do you think they have the tool to put stock rom again??

Hi, Thanks for the fast response. Do you really think they can put back stock rom? If they have such a tool to restore stock rom then why wouldn't they already release it to general public? I'm not really hopeful that they have such tool to actually put back the stock rom. I know they have lot of proprietary stuff but can you confirm this?

I forgot to ask, How many days or how much time did they take to flash stock rom? And Btw which region or place you are from if don't mind me asking?

Your questions are quite meaningful there are 2 types of bricking hard brick & soft brick.
soft brick can be fixed by flashing some other roms or using official rom flasher.
hard brick can be fixed using a hardware called as JTAG which will be done by formatting the whole emmc storage as well as using some electrodes to reset the motherboard.
if you are having 4/6gb ram version then no problem but i doubt it for 8gb variant:confused:
but still as promised by realme bootloader unlocking rooting wont void your warranty it wont take more than 1-2 days to fix
so dont worry rush to nearest service center now:fingers-crossed:
if i was helpfull hit the thanks button please:good: btw i am from india, odisha, bhubaneswar

Thetpcguy

Sep 19, 2016
Your questions are quite meaningful there are 2 types of bricking hard brick & soft brick.
soft brick can be fixed by flashing some other roms or using official rom flasher.
hard brick can be fixed using a hardware called as JTAG which will be done by formatting the whole emmc storage as well as using some electrodes to reset the motherboard.
if you are having 4/6gb ram version then no problem but i doubt it for 8gb variant:confused:
but still as promised by realme bootloader unlocking rooting wont void your warranty it wont take more than 1-2 days to fix
if i was helpfull hit the thanks button please:good: btw i am from india, odisha, bhubaneswar

Hi, Thanks for the reply again.

I would like to correct one thing that rooting does void warranty. Realme only said that flashing custom roms/ unlocking bootloader is allowed under warranty but not rooting. BTW I didn't root it. I just unlocked, flashed twrp and tried flashing custom rom which didn't work so I ended up here.
Mine is 4gb/64 variant and it's a soft brick because the fastboot is working, twrp is also installed. The twrp restore or custom rom flashing is also going well without any errors but only unable to boot into system as it gets in the boot loop.
Yeah, the last resort would be to visit service centre but here the service is normally slow and most of them don't understand such things.

Anyway looking for a solution right here. I'm guessing that something is blocking the device from booting. I even saw bootlogo of GSI ROMs. I don't know it could be some encryption thing? or May be when I formatted the data, the vendor partition is wiped as well which is important for us to install GSI IMAGE.
But still why wouldn't the TWRP restore boot up properly??

Zaibuluk

Jan 8, 2019
Bandung

actually I can flash it if I only know the Msmdownloadtool pass (the OFP extension is really new to me). I tried using Qfil and failed, when my cellphone was totally dead there wasn't even a logo for charging the battery when I tried it. which gave me hope, the detection of HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in Qfil. I am sure the service center can fix it because it is still detected by the computer, I said my cellphone suddenly died! finally they flashed again and in less than an hour. now twrp already installed magisk is installed just waiting for development :Hai:Hai

Reactions: prince1995

prince1995

Jul 9, 2013
talcher
Hi, Thanks for the reply again.

I would like to correct one thing that rooting does void warranty. Realme only said that flashing custom roms/ unlocking bootloader is allowed under warranty but not rooting. BTW I didn't root it. I just unlocked, flashed twrp and tried flashing custom rom which didn't work so I ended up here.
Mine is 4gb/64 variant and it's a soft brick because the fastboot is working, twrp is also installed. The twrp restore or custom rom flashing is also going well without any errors but only unable to boot into system as it gets in the boot loop.
Yeah, the last resort would be to visit service centre but here the service is normally slow and most of them don't understand such things.

Anyway looking for a solution right here. I'm guessing that something is blocking the device from booting. I even saw bootlogo of GSI ROMs. I don't know it could be some encryption thing? or May be when I formatted the data, the vendor partition is wiped as well which is important for us to install GSI IMAGE.
But still why wouldn't the TWRP restore boot up properly??

I will look into this issue & comeup with something. mean while i think customer care is the best bet i hope they will reset it within a day.
i would suggest you try to wipe everything even internal storage put the rom on a sdcard/OTG & flash it from there.
the same kind issue arrised with my moto g(1st gen) this occurred because the device needed to be rooted already to flash some custom rom properly but mine wasn't hence i did get bootloop.

Last edited:

Rupamxx

Oct 2, 2016
So, can you please give some time to this unbricking thing and provide a better solution with links. specially with that "boot+magisk+patch.img" part. It'd be really helpful. Thanks :)

Reactions: Stark Y

Gosealam

Mar 6, 2019
Bro how can I fix this problem

Bro how can I fix this problem it's not booting it's give me a error the current image boot /recovery have been destroyed can not boot bro please help me
amp

Manmohandeol

Mar 13, 2019
Please help

Bricked my realme 2 pro after flashing twrp.img and boot.img. After that I also tried r2x2 reacovery. But no effect. It stuck in logo. Please suggest any way

Rubaiyat

Jun 14, 2019
I unlocked the bootloader of my Rear 2 pro 4/64. And installed twrp but after the installation I'm stuck with a bootlppo. What can I do now pls help!!!?

AfieyCyrus90

Mar 29, 2017
I got the same problem before with my realme 2 rmx1809...the easiest way to flash stock rom is to flash stock recovery.img first and then flash ozip file from official realme website...to get the stock recovery.img is to decrypt and extract ozip file using the ozip decryptor that are available on github

davsagar4

Jul 24, 2017
Bootloop stuck please help asap!!

I was trying to install custom rom but I didn't took back up and wiped every thing on internal memory and also flashed stock recovery of realme 2 pro LOCKED the bootloader also I was hoping that I would be able to install stock rom by realme . But now am stuck at bootloop only realme logo appers

Basically I only have stock recovery on my phone and nothing else in the internal no OS installed bootloader is also locked so am not able to install twrp recovery to please help me install any rom .I am stucked due to lockdown no Service center is open. Please help asap??? I can't leave without my phone in this lockdown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Now,

UPDATE: THIS IS IMPORTANT (SOLUTION) So after fiddling with every other possible alternative, I solved this by simply installing the twrp by anabhi and main thing is "boot+magisk+patch.img" so after installing both of these, I again try restoring the twrp backup and simply installed flashed the "boot+magisk+pagth.img" after that it booted fine. So my guess was right that I needed a file something similar to "lazy flasher" for Xiaomi devices which I was missing. I tried flashing that official twrp along with "disable_encryption_RMX1801.IMG" in the same above process but it doesn't work.
    So finally I booted back into Color OS and now I'm going to try and flash a gsi image and try again.
    I would like to thank all of you guys who quickly replied and tried to help which is the best part I love about XDA. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME and you inspire me to type and spend some good time typing and helping others as well. Cheers!!

bad news is that there is no official tool to flash stock rom yet but you can go to oppo service center and get it flashed stock rom for free.
    Hi,
    Now,

actually I can flash it if I only know the Msmdownloadtool pass (the OFP extension is really new to me). I tried using Qfil and failed, when my cellphone was totally dead there wasn't even a logo for charging the battery when I tried it. which gave me hope, the detection of HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in Qfil. I am sure the service center can fix it because it is still detected by the computer, I said my cellphone suddenly died! finally they flashed again and in less than an hour. now twrp already installed magisk is installed just waiting for development :Hai:Hai
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone