• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bricked OnePlus 5

Search This thread

Mouchoir

Nov 13, 2014
Paris
Hi everyone,

I had issues with the update of my OnePlus 5 as stated on this thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/help/oneplus-5-update-fails-t3866533
I tried the solutions that were given to me but it wouldn't work, since TWRP kept returning ERROR 7.

I finally managed to install OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_040_all_1811051816_c6670cf.zip thanks to twrp-3.2.1-1-cheeseburger.img without getting any error but my phone got stuck at the "Dots turning" logo when I boot.
I looked around a lot trying to find a solution and as far as I understood, it may be due to the addition of Treble to OnePlus. I tried to wipe everything thanks to TWRP and flash my phone back to OxygenOS 5.1.3: OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_036_all_1806131715_b5381c0ef26d9e.zip but it's still stuck.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot

Mouchoir

Nov 13, 2014
Paris
A HUGE thank you ! It worked perfectly.
Note for people who might see this thread : it locked my bootloader, I had to unlock it back (and wipe all data). Flashed TWRP and Magisk, everything works perfectly

Top Liked Posts