Bricked OnePlus 6T, MSMDownloadTool not fixing it

Search This thread

amt911

Feb 15, 2017
Yes exactly. I thought it would be cleaner if all partition are erased. After I ran the tool in download mode I had to restart manually. But then the system booted with no problems except missing IMEI. But then I unlocked my device and booted twrp. Then I restored my EFS backup. After that lock your device again or leave it unlocked. Then run *#268# (I think) and restored my EFS completely.

The download mode flashes all partitions (both slots as well). But it erases some too like the efs partition with your imei in it.

So to sum up (Sorry for being so annoying), you erased every partition (including efs) in fastboot and after that you ran the program in upgrade mode, and when the phone rebooted you were stuck in a bootloop (The red spinning circle thingy) without any possible way of restoring the phone, right?

Then you ran the tool in smt mode and when the tool finished, your phone was finally able to boot back to oxygenos (but with no efs).

Please tell if this is correct and if this restores every partition (including the critical ones).

Thanks a lot.

Try only MSMTool again. It is the ultimate solution for bricks.

If that doesn't help, then contact OnePlus and behave dumb. Just say your device stopped working
This has become the ultimate solution to life as a whole. I hate to agree with it, but dammit, it is what it is

PS. Shout outs to Logitech being an amazing company and replacing my damaged rage-quit mice cost-free over the past 15 or so years. <333

Reactions: indian84

MarcoLK

Dec 2, 2014
Lübbecke
So to sum up (Sorry for being so annoying), you erased every partition (including efs) in fastboot and after that you ran the program in upgrade mode, and when the phone rebooted you were stuck in a bootloop (The red spinning circle thingy) without any possible way of restoring the phone, right?

Then you ran the tool in smt mode and when the tool finished, your phone was finally able to boot back to oxygenos (but with no efs).

Please tell if this is correct and if this restores every partition (including the critical ones).

Thanks a lot.
I didn't erase EFS in fastboot. It will be erased when you run smt download mode. But I erased vendor, system, boot, vhmeta, dtbo, and other ones which should be flashed again with upgrade mode.

Yeah bootloop (animation).

I had no problems with my phone after that. Even on custom roms. So I think this restores everything except efs
So make a backup with twrp of EFS partition and upload it to a safe place.

Last edited:

amt911

Feb 15, 2017
I didn't erase EFS in fastboot. It will be erased when you run smt download mode. But I erased vendor, system, boot, vhmeta, dtbo, and other ones which should be flashed again with upgrade mode.

Yeah bootloop (animation).

I had no problems with my phone after that. Even on custom roms. So I think this restores everything except efs
So make a backup with twrp of EFS partition and upload it to a safe place.

One last thing,

When I try to use smt mode the program says: "This COM port is disable by user".

The thing is, how do you bypass that?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to start it, thank you.

Last edited:

davidvanwijk

Jan 5, 2015
Alkmaar
OnePlus 8T
Big problem with my OnePlus 6T.
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP installed.
Trying to make a fresh start, I decided to format internal storage.
Big mistake. I used doing this with my Galaxy S4, however perhaps not a good idea with OnePlus 6T ...
Now I have a device with nothing on it, so it seems.
Bootloader is not available. See image.
The device stays on with some kind of recovery screen, but nothing seems to work
Linux laptop does not see the device
On windows 10 it shows an Android, must be my device.
However: the command .\adb devices leaves the list of devices empty.

Anyone tips how to unbrick in this situation?

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_183721.jpg
    IMG_20210413_183721.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 45

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Big problem with my OnePlus 6T.
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP installed.
Trying to make a fresh start, I decided to format internal storage.
Big mistake. I used doing this with my Galaxy S4, however perhaps not a good idea with OnePlus 6T ...
Now I have a device with nothing on it, so it seems.
Bootloader is not available. See image.
The device stays on with some kind of recovery screen, but nothing seems to work
Linux laptop does not see the device
On windows 10 it shows an Android, must be my device.
However: the command .\adb devices leaves the list of devices empty.

Anyone tips how to unbrick in this situation?
There is an unbrick msm tool just for this in guides section of the Oneplus 6T forum. It explains how to install Qualcomm USB Drivers manually and how to fix this. Look in guides section.
Read everything here. That's where your solution is. :)

AlanDS

Oct 18, 2011
Kuwait
allan.ae
I am in a similar situation. But my problem started when I used EfsTools to flash a .mbn file of other device to get Volte/Vowifi with my carrier. This resulted in no imei/baseband issue. Even Wifi was not working. So I had to use SMT mode without any choice.

Unfortunately, I don't have a backup of efs partition. I restored my original IMEI and MEID through IMEI Write tool. But still not getting the network. Is there any way to recover this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iQOWW7c.png

I flashed my device which had the same problem via smt download mode. I used the password te123 which I found Out on my own and selected the right com port in the smt menu. (Left button to confirm)
    This mode flashed all partitons on both slots and it erased something too. I luckily did backup my imei and stuff and uploaded it to several clouds.

Update: After first start: https://imgur.com/a/8AxlVRW
    After I restored my Imei with TWRP Backup, the notification is still there, but everything is working fine

Update 2: After typing *#268# into the Phone App I clicked in restore NV EFS and now there is No warning notification anymore. I think I fully restored my Phone finally.

What I learned from all this sh*t is, DO NOT use the "erase" command in fastboot before you use the unbrick Tool.
    And also to everyone: Backup your EFS and Modem Partition via TWRP and Copy it to your PC or Cloud.
    One last thing,

When I try to use smt mode the program says: "This COM port is disable by user".

The thing is, how do you bypass that?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to start it, thank you.
    COM Setup in the SMT Menu for anyone else.
    1. Download full OTA to your pc and unzip https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397891265

2. Edit flash-all-partitions.bat and put this line on the top "fastboot -w" and save

3. double click flash-all-partitions.bat

4. If step 3 still showing error. Edit flash-all-partitions.bat and add "fastboot set_active other" on the top and save then repeat step 3 again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Which version of the MSM tool are you using?
    Is the phone fully charged?
    How long are you waiting for the phone to boot? When you say stuck do you just leave the phone alone?
    After MSM the first boot is a long time.

I'm using the v4.0.58 one with OOS 9.0.11, yes the phone is at 75%.
    I wait around an hour to see if it boots, but nothing.
    When I said that my phone got stuck I meant that it got stuck in the boot animation and nothing else happens.
    Yeah, I know, but I don't think it needs an hour to boot.

Thanks.
    I managed to unrar the latest version finally with correct md5 so it's not the problem. You got stuck in boot freeze, not loop. In loop the mobile restarts over and over.
    I hope they manage to fix the phone ASAP as it should have worked if it was a simple problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it's a hardware problem because even with an empty UFS chip this tool should flash everything needed to boot, but no, it just won't work.

Thank you very much.

Oh and btw, thanks for the clarification.