Bricked onn 10.1 with keyboard

Search This thread

kanaan360

So I bought one of those onn tablets from Walmart, went to flash phussons quack gsi for Q and whilst the system flashed fine via fastboot it refuses to actually boot (bootloop on the onn screen) I can't get into recovery either. Fastboot -w fails because it can't create an image for the userdata partition (when I go to manually format userdata it says the partition table doesn't exist.) I'm able to flash to the boot, recovery and system partitions no issue.

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
Android 10 roms I have tried do not work... I have the onn 8 and on 10 w/o keyboard.

Also I had no issues flashing android 9 roms on the 8 but on the 10 all roms have issues with no sound from the speakers but sound through wired & bluetooth headsets some roms have graphical issues some have bluetooth... but all seem to have sound problems... and some will not boot past boot animation.

Roms I got too boot were phh's 9, beast rom, bootleggers, bliss and liquid remix. Liquid remix runs the best so far... but on the 8 not the 10

kanaan360

I also tried the /e/ os gsi Wich is based on pie that didn't boot either, I'll try liquid remix

went to format system before flashing and heres the output i got

Invalid erase-block-size 0: must be a power of 2 and at least 4096.
Invalid logical-block-size 512: must be a power of 2 and at least 4096.
mke2fs 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018)
/tmp/TemporaryFile-wirxYd: Unimplemented ext2 library function while setting up superblock
/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/mke2fs failed with status 1
mke2fs failed: 1
error: Cannot generate image for system
same type of error i was talking about with my userdata partition

Last edited:

kanaan360

Unlocked the bootloader with fastboot flashing unlock
Fastboot -u flash system /name/and/location/of/gsi

I had erased my system partitions before i flashed the gsi the first time and I think that's where I screwed up
If I could get into the recovery I'd just adb sideload the ota and start again

Last edited:

NFSP G35

Feb 28, 2012
Be careful you don't lose your battery charge, it doesn't charge in fastboot, so it can be easy to get into a difficult situation with a battery below 30%

I can get you stock system, boot and recovery images for your model later this evening.

kanaan360

Be careful you don't lose your battery charge, it doesn't charge in fastboot, so it can be easy to get into a difficult situation with a battery below 30%

I can get you stock system, boot and recovery images for your model later this evening.

Alright, thank you and I've already been attempting to use your back up images of stock off xda to try and restore it is there anything special I need to do or are you going to get like a flashall file made?

NFSP G35

Feb 28, 2012
I am going to get the system and vendor partitions from the ONA19TB007 uploaded (currently only have boot and recovery)
Once those are up, you should be able to flash them via fastboot.

Reactions: kanaan360

Vortell

May 27, 2009
Moto E 2015
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
I don't know if it's AFH or my internet connection... It's been uploading over 24hrs now... I'm stymied.
89% complete though. Sorry it's taking so long
The speed is by server. Quebec seems to be fast for me most the time. If there is It's there decryption on twrp? I have been happy with stock personally but if you need any more images let me know. Also let me what way you want them. I can flash then use twrp or use dd commands but I would need to know what dd you wanted. I don't have sptools installed right now though. I could probably get it working on my Mac os if needed be though since I have many of the Linux libraries/services. Last option would take the longest since it's actually learning new cli commands. I am kind of a slacker but if someone has a bricked device then... I want to help.

Last edited:

NFSP G35

Feb 28, 2012
The speed is by server. Quebec seems to be fast for me most the time. If there is It's there decryption on twrp? I have been happy with stock personally but if you need any more images let me know. Also let me what way you want them. I can flash then use twrp or use dd commands but I would need to know what dd you wanted. I don't have sptools installed right now though. I could probably get it working on my Mac os if needed be though since I have many of the Linux libraries/services. Last option would take the longest since it's actually learning new cli commands. I am kind of a slacker but if someone has a bricked device then... I want to help.

Thanks, but the files finally finished uploading in the small hours last night.

I figured out its my stupid internet connection at home... apparently, while my download speed is great, my upload speed could be outpaced by a burro carrying floppy disks :eek:

Took my laptop to work and everything has been uploading much faster.
@kanaan360, I have images for you at:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=301679 or https://forum.xda-developers.com/wa...eral/stock-stock-backups-images-otas-t3998227

The May images are up, October ones will be there in a few minutes.

nevor70168

Dec 29, 2019

so i ran into that situation what do i do. is it bricked beyond repair?

NFSP G35

Feb 28, 2012

Not hard bricked by a long shot.
Several of us have recovered from this scenario.

Somewhere around here I posted a link to a xda thread with a similar situation that can happen with some HTC phones. Basically, you build a script to constantly reboot it into fastboot.

Reactions: nevor70168

nevor70168

Dec 29, 2019

Somewhere around here I posted a link to a xda thread with a similar situation that can happen with some HTC phones. Basically, you build a script to constantly reboot it into fastboot.

everytime i try to boot into fastboot mode it reboots it doesnt go into fastboot mode, is this because the battery life is low and does not want to boot into fastboot mode? Also how would i charge my device it keeps flashing on the low battery icon. any help would be appreciated also a link to your post would help me greatly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to get the system and vendor partitions from the ONA19TB007 uploaded (currently only have boot and recovery)
    Once those are up, you should be able to flash them via fastboot.

everytime i try to boot into fastboot mode it reboots it doesnt go into fastboot mode, is this because the battery life is low and does not want to boot into fastboot mode? Also how would i charge my device it keeps flashing on the low battery icon. any help would be appreciated also a link to your post would help me greatly.

Here's the post. You could have probably found it pretty easily:

Looks like you killed the battery. Same state I was in.

Your machine Linux or Windoze?

You can start with this script and modify or rewrite it depending on whether you need bash or bat:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1658084

The general idea is that it reboots constantly into fastboot, and somewhere between all the reboots it picks up just barely enough juice to slightly increase the charge level.

When I modified the script, I made it output the battery voltage each time so I could see that it was actually charging. I don't have access to the laptop with the bash script on it right this minute though.
    It's not bricked. You'll probably have to fiddle with it to get it into fastboot. I had to try different chargers, connecting to the laptop, etc before I finally got it into fastboot. Once I did and ran the script, after a few hours I was able to reflash it. My problem was I flashed a bad recovery image.

I think others may have had success with SP flash tools, so that's another possibility
    No problem, don't forget the thanks button ;)