Question Bricked OP9pro

Search This thread

danjcxie

Apr 13, 2021
Does anyone have the MSMTOOL for LE2120? bricked my phone when trying to patch the boot.img to magisk version...

Now totally stuck... even adb commands to restore does not work...

danjcxie

Apr 13, 2021
What did you do to try to patch it? Why are you in adb? Does fastboot work?

Patched the boot.img using magisk and then flashed it. After patching, it totally cant boot and can only boot to bootloader.
tried alot of version of MSMtool and it will always fail with param preload error...
Then tried manually recover via extracting the payload using python then using adbtools to wipe and flash but it will also fail because some img files are unable to flash over to the phone...

Any other solutions?

danjcxie

Apr 13, 2021
i am able to flash the stock boot.img to the phone but some critical img files will come out with
FAILED (remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions.
')
fastboot: error: Command failed

danjcxie

Apr 13, 2021
You need to be in fastbootd,
Code:
fastboot reboot fastbootd
Nope not working too...

1618597214650.png

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    @danjcxie

To be honest, I would download the rom and boot with the recovery image instead, I'll upload the image collection...

Will post a link here once it's up.

Actually, just noticed there isn't a recovery image, so boot to the default boot.img using fastboot, then see if the storage shows on your computer, copy the latest default rom over to the main storage folder then then go into Settings > System > System Updates and use the cog to do a local update using the rom zip.

That should re-install everything back to default, you might get lucky and still have all your data

My collection is for the Europe build FYI:

MD5 : 00227014483b4913a2624fac6f492434

So you would reboot the phone into fastboot mode by holding vol up during boot
    Once you are in fastboot mode connect the phone to your computer
    Test that the computer can see it properly using fastboot devices
    You should see a number returned, if so then your computer is recognising the phone, if you don't then try installing the latest drivers from here
    If fastboot can see the device properly then copy the default boot.img to the same folder as your fastboot.exe and type the following :

fastboot boot boot.img

You should see a message saying it's transferring it to the phone, then it should boot the phone using it, it's slower than a normal boot but, if everything else on the phone is ok, then you should see it booted and it should accept your lock method
    Once you get into the phone using that boot.img, try connecting the phone to your computer and see if it's recognised, if it is then copy over the latest stock rom to your main storage folder, then go to Settings > System > System Updates and use the cog to do a local update using the rom zip
    I'm guessing it should let you because it will see a difference between your boot image and the one from the rom.

Last edited:

danjcxie

Apr 13, 2021
    New problem... After i did fastboot reboot fastboot, it shows low battery whole day and is unable to charge totally... it has been charging the whole day now and totally cant turn on at all.

it keeps showing the lightning sign in the centre of the circle keeps blinking and dies off

1618674954918.png

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    New problem... After i did fastboot reboot fastboot, it shows low battery whole day and is unable to charge totally... it has been charging the whole day now and totally cant turn on at all.

it keeps showing the lightning sign in the centre of the circle keeps blinking and dies off

View attachment 5281971

Turn it off and try charging it

Also "fastboot reboot fastboot" isn't a valid command, there is an adb command "adb reboot bootloader" but that can only be run from within your rom from when you are in recovery with the phone connected

See here :

#To reboot your device
    fastboot reboot

#To reboot your device to fastboot mode
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Last edited:

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
    OnePlus 8T
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Turn it off and try charging it

Also "fastboot reboot fastboot" isn't a valid command, there is an adb command "adb reboot bootloader" but that can only be run from within your rom from when you are in recovery with the phone connected

See here :

Wtf are you talking about. fastboot reboot fastboot is literally the only way to get into fastbootd if you can't get to recovery or boot normally.

Regarding battery, that I'm not sure, hopefully someone can help

Last edited:

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode