• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bricked Pixel 4a in EDL Mode, just want to get my pictures and videos off of it

Search This thread

3ljas

Jun 28, 2021
Pixel 4a froze and bricked two days ago. Did not modify it in any way, had it for 2 days. Under warranty, so replacement is on the way. I just want to get the files off of it, no need to actually recover the phone. Is this possible?

I can see it is in EDL mode, I downloaded the Qualcomm Drivers and QPST. I am a total n00b, so I don't have any idea of what to do.

None of the button combinations worked, I have tried them all. Draining the battery hasn't worked. Charging it hasn't worked. It is not in USB debugging mode (if that matters).

Any help or advice?

Thanks in advance

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Pixel 4a froze and bricked two days ago. Did not modify it in any way, had it for 2 days. Under warranty, so replacement is on the way. I just want to get the files off of it, no need to actually recover the phone. Is this possible?

I can see it is in EDL mode, I downloaded the Qualcomm Drivers and QPST. I am a total n00b, so I don't have any idea of what to do.

None of the button combinations worked, I have tried them all. Draining the battery hasn't worked. Charging it hasn't worked. It is not in USB debugging mode (if that matters).

Any help or advice?

Thanks in advance
No way to get those, that I know of.