Question Bricked POCO F3 ( Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 ) Need Help

Search This thread

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
I did it, no results. I have flashed step by step, for example ( RawProgram0.xml and Patch0.xml ) I doubt whether the combination of files are correct or not ( but I have also tried ( RawProgram0.xml and Patch1.xml ) and nothing works.
in qfil under the tools menu theres partition manager. if it lists the partitions there you can then choose to make backups or flash the individual partitions.but make sure you know which is which when flashing.
id start with boot,vbmeta,dtbo.....
just to try and get fastboot working and then proceed from there.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Now i undersand what you did: you used mi flash to flash stock redmi k40 12.5.2 rom on a stock unlocked Poco F3 Global and you had lock option thicked.That obviously did the trick by bricking your device.You did not searched for the right info on what you need to do.
A good verification this phone is region locked.
But in this case MIFLASH send advice you are doing wrong and should reject this operation.
But the fail can come from relocking bootloader in process. my guess

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidsKings

christiansan18

May 12, 2021
Hi bro, listen today i did the same mistake as you, I tried to install indonesi rom to my poco but it failed and also I chose the clean and lock option.

I coud recover my phone by doing this.

First I tried to unlock my phone using miunlock app and I recieved the error message saying the phone is already unlocked.

Then I install the xiaomi.eu rom also by fastboot and all run as I wanted and I could recover my device.

Please try it.

AndroidsKings

Apr 16, 2014
Multan
Dude you flashed a china redmi k40 rom on your global poco f3 and locked your bootloader. It is your stupidity that bricked the device. Now the only option you have is to pay someone for unbricking your device through EDL mode.
I'm here for help, not here to listen that I've done stupid. If you have any solution, then share it. If you don't have, just don't say anything.

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
So the clean all lock option should not have been checked when flashing a different rom?
if you lock the bootloader with anything other then the original rom or its updates the device will refuse to boot.

on my previous phone,lenovo z5 pro gt you could get qfil images for edl mode too and flash those yourself easily so even being stuck in edl mode wasnt the end of the world but xiaomi seem to be more tight up about letting you do stuff.

the whole wait 168 hours to unlock the bootloader is also just them forcing you to wait before giving you the img file needed sometimes to unlock the bootloader.
other companies even let you unlock without having to get a special img file first.

jaiicatz

Jan 10, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Xiaomi Mi A1
is this problem solved? it needs an authorized account to flash the phone with locked bootloader. 9008 is for EDL mode in the phone.

as for the authorized account, I don't have the faintest idea if Xiaomi provides authorization with this. But it's worth the shot to email their support.

Reactions: AndroidsKings

Perru

Jun 4, 2015
Seems as if hard bricks often results in following the "incomplete" instructions here:

and here:
https://androidmtk.com/use-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool .

The button in the lower right corner is set to "clean all and lock" and there is no hint to change this to "clean all" only. Maybe it would help, if every rom-distributor would give a detailed instruction

1. how to flash his custom rom
AND
2. how to flash and convert back to stock rom.

I bricked my POCO F3 Global while converting it into Redmi K40 after BL unlocking - I have tried everything - did whatever it takes to bring it back to life - but for me, nothing works.
I need experts advice, I would really appreciate if you could do something to fix this phone. (After trying whatever it takes, I came to a conclusion, while flashing it via Mi-Flash-Tool it says that it requires an Xiaomi Authorized Account to flash it to life, and it is hard to have one, probably)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

View attachment 5305857

Hey buddy, did you get your device fixed?😅. Just curious.

AndroidsKings

Apr 16, 2014
Multan
Seems as if hard bricks often results in following the "incomplete" instructions here:

and here:
https://androidmtk.com/use-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool .

The button in the lower right corner is set to "clean all and lock" and there is no hint to change this to "clean all" only. Maybe it would help, if every rom-distributor would give a detailed instruction

1. how to flash his custom rom
AND
2. how to flash and convert back to stock rom.
Thank you very much, I tried this, and it's not working either.

jaiicatz

Jan 10, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Xiaomi Mi A1
It's quite common knowledge to leave the bootloader unlocked if you are in to flashing custom roms. For all the phones I got, all of it have unlocked bootloader. Yes, it's less secured specially if it's lost or stolen. But it's less hassle for me cause I always use custom roms. It will just make self repair a lot hella easy. And even if you stay on using official firmware, i really also suggest having an unlocked bootloader cause we never know when our phone's firmware gonna fk up.

Also I don't know why the flashing gets fkd up with just locking the bootloader via "clean and lock" cause the locking part should be the last line and executed right after a "successful" flash of the firmware. They really should look at it cause a lot of people gets screwed up lately

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thank you very much, I tried this, and it's not working either.

Either bring it to Xiaomi customer service or find this mentioned Angeluss guy.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/bricked-mi-8-edl-flashing-problem.58984/post-582694

He seems to have an authorized account for Xiaomi. EDL can be done with authorized account. But you have to wait for his reply or contact him through telegram, and you likely will need to pay.

Xiaomi customer service or repair center should do it fast if you are still under warrant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude you flashed a china redmi k40 rom on your global poco f3 and locked your bootloader. It is your stupidity that bricked the device. Now the only option you have is to pay someone for unbricking your device through EDL mode.
    I'm here for help, not here to listen that I've done stupid. If you have any solution, then share it. If you don't have, just don't say anything.
    Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the solution that we found out. My Friend had his Poco M3 Bricked, dead boot. No recovery, No display(totally black screen) and when I plug it in via USB it shows "

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 "​

Been here about a month ago hoping that there is a solution. We tried the rubber band Method(See the attached image how to do it) you just need a cotton buds and a rubber band. Just place the tip of the cotton bud into the power button and secure it with rubber band 2 knots. So it's pressing the power button that way it's draining the battery it took him 2 days to drain it, But once the battery is drained the Charging Icon will display in the screen. And you can charge it and wait for it to boot up. This worked for my Xiaomi Redmi 9T and my Friend Poco M3 bot uses MIUI 12. After it boot again try to Avoid restarting it and Shutting it down so this may never happen Again.
    Now i undersand what you did: you used mi flash to flash stock redmi k40 12.5.2 rom on a stock unlocked Poco F3 Global and you had lock option thicked.That obviously did the trick by bricking your device.You did not searched for the right info on what you need to do.
    Tried this, but failed !
    theres full EDL roms here:
    you can use qfil and an approperiate flashable rom,not sure where you can get the qfil rom from but qfil itself is easily downloadable.

edit:actually with qfil you can flash the boot partition only and then you should be able to have a working fastboot again.i think.