• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bricked realme x2 pro (TWRP - unlocked) partition problem?

Search This thread

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
Hi. This afternoon I tried to install the dirty unicorn rom. Unlock bootloader and flashed TWRP successfully. Then I tried to flash "Pie Firmware & Vendor" because it had realmeUI no ColorOs. The problem is that now I can not do anything with the mobile. It starts directly in TWRP. I have tried to flash a stock rom (CN) but it doesn't work. I think it is a problem with the partitions, for example if I try to clean cache / dalvik etc I receive these messages.
- Failed to mount '/data'
-Falied to wipe dalvik.

I have read many threads, but I cannot find a solution.
I saw this video,- [FIXED] Unable to mount /data or /system error- on youtube (sorry, i cant post URL yet) where even if it is another phone, it presents the same problem as me, but when I try to repair data I receive a failure (Error 8, unable to repair data) and I don't know what else I can do.

I hope you can help me .
Thank you!

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
Hi. I have managed to solve the problem that I had when wipe. I have changed "Data" format first to FAT and then back to EXT4.
But I still can't get past TWRP. Now if I try to start the TWRP system, it says that there is no OS installed.
Tried to flash ozip using SIDELOAD, but it gives me an error. I can flash dirty unicorns this way (for example), which also doesn't fix anything.

Last edited:

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
in twrp to return to stock:

flash realme ozip
flash vbmeta.img to vbmeta
format data
reboot

Hi. ok, after a whole afternoon struggling, i have found that i cannot flash .ozip from twrp, so i have transformed a rom .ozip into .zip. I have tried to flash using SIDELOAD but it gives me an error. I have tried to flash D.U rom the same way and there has been no error but it still gets caught on the loading screen. I don't know how to flash the realme rom, I can't fix anything, I'm really desperate :(
THANKS

perisman

Jul 2, 2017
What twrp are you using?

mauronofrio's last version -13 , orangefox R 10.1 and skyhawk 2.2 can decrypt and flash ozips.

Try also to put files to flash in a usb memory, change storage in twrp mount option and try to flash from usb.

If you flash aosp rom, try aosip 10, and used it and works well. and after flash it format data.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

you can try also to flash aoisp with whole process

firmware and vendor zip first
rom
volte fix
gapps
format data
reboot

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

If you can go to fastboot from twrp reboot menu

try this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...ock-fastboot-flashable-images-realme-t4003107

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
What twrp are you using?

mauronofrio's last version -13 , orangefox R 10.1 and skyhawk 2.2 can decrypt and flash ozips.

Try also to put files to flash in a usb memory, change storage in twrp mount option and try to flash from usb.

If you flash aosp rom, try aosip 10, and used it and works well. and after flash it format data.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

you can try also to flash aoisp with whole process

firmware and vendor zip first
rom
volte fix
gapps
format data
reboot

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

If you can go to fastboot from twrp reboot menu

try this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...ock-fastboot-flashable-images-realme-t4003107

Hello, I just installed TWRP v13 and wipe everything (data, system, vendor ...).
I have tried to install rom stock by fastboot but still it doesn't fix anything.
I have also tried to install AOSP by slideload and nothing is solved either. I have to buy a usb adapter this afternoon, to connect and test it this way, but for the moment, I still have no solution. Thank you, I will keep reporting!

davidscdl

May 2, 2020
I definitely don't know what to do. Change TWRP for Orange fox, and I have tried to install a stock rom, I have tried downloading the latest official rom from here (Realme UI), https://www.realme.com/cn/support/software-update, but when flashing it gives me an error "Update process ended with error: 7. Are you installing onto the correct device?" (I'm sure I'm downloading the proper CN version).
I have tried to flash a previous rom that I downloaded from here (color OS 6.1) https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...2-pro-android-software-update-download-links/ and it seems to be successful, but it gives two failures at the end

1. Failed to mount / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / userdata at / data: Device or resource busy.

2.Failed to unmount / data: device or resource busy.

The phone is locked in the startup image.

Last edited:

unknownart

May 4, 2018
i have the same problem. i bricked my device and stuck at twrp.. every time i try to flash the latest official update from realme i get this error : Failed to mount / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / userdata at / data: Device or resource busy."
i dont know how to fix it.. my bootloader is unlock.
i am stuck on bootloop and twrp.. any ideas how to fix it?

or965

Mar 2, 2013
I have two ways that probably will fix your issues .
The first one is much more faster and I recommend you to try it first .
Boot into bootloder mode (fastboot mode)
Open cmd and type fastboot -w .(THIS WILL WIPE YOU INTERNAL STORAGE )
boot to recovery .
Wipe cache, dalvik-cache,system,data .
Format data .
Reboot to recovery (Use the recovery boot option, choose recovery) it will ask you if you sure to reboot as no rom is installed ,swipe yes,or something similar.
Flash ozip if you are on OrangeFox or unofficial twrp ,if you on official twrp that does not support ozip , you must use a zip stock rom .
Format data .(if have a error reboot into recovery and then format data again)
Boot to the rom .
If it does not solve you issue I recommend to flash stock rom with fastboot commends .
You can find the files needed in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...ock-fastboot-flashable-images-realme-t4003107 .
Choose the files for you phone version EU,IN,CN .
This is a color os and not realme ui . You can make your own realme ui version but this will work just fine .You can flash after a realme ui version ozip on recovery .
Open cmd on the folder of the download files .
Write without the quote mark and press enter "fastboot -w && fastboot erase system && fastboot flash boot boot.img && fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img && fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img && fastboot flash system system.img && fastboot reboot"
After this your phone should boot into color os version.
If you need help please write and I try to help you .
JUST DO NOT TRY TO RELOCK YOUR BOOTLODER, THIS WILL BRICK YOU PHONE .

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
i have the same problem. i bricked my device and stuck at twrp.. every time i try to flash the latest official update from realme i get this error : Failed to mount / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / userdata at / data: Device or resource busy."
i dont know how to fix it.. my bootloader is unlock.
i am stuck on bootloop and twrp.. any ideas how to fix it?

I FOUND A WAY
switch off mobile,
after few mins boot in to fastboot
flash orangefox recovery

now boot in to recovery and try format data NOW,

and reboot

remember, update till C25, magisk20.3 works
all custom roms magisk20.3 works
only latest C29, magisk20.4 working

iamkgehlot

Apr 20, 2020
Realme X2 Pro
Hi. This afternoon I tried to install the dirty unicorn rom. Unlock bootloader and flashed TWRP successfully. Then I tried to flash "Pie Firmware & Vendor" because it had realmeUI no ColorOs. The problem is that now I can not do anything with the mobile. It starts directly in TWRP. I have tried to flash a stock rom (CN) but it doesn't work. I think it is a problem with the partitions, for example if I try to clean cache / dalvik etc I receive these messages.
- Failed to mount '/data'
-Falied to wipe dalvik.

I have read many threads, but I cannot find a solution.
I saw this video,- [FIXED] Unable to mount /data or /system error- on youtube (sorry, i cant post URL yet) where even if it is another phone, it presents the same problem as me, but when I try to repair data I receive a failure (Error 8, unable to repair data) and I don't know what else I can do.

I hope you can help me .
Thank you!
Just reboot to twrp .
Directly to format data
Format data by typing Yes
Now try to mount data
It will work

kazi upal

Apr 10, 2015
I got this problem
CreateProcess failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
error: Cannot generate image for userdata

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    boot to recovery .
    Wipe cache, dalvik-cache,system,data .
    Format data .
    Reboot to recovery (Use the recovery boot option, choose recovery) it will ask you if you sure to reboot as no rom is installed ,swipe yes,or something similar.
    Flash ozip if you are on OrangeFox or unofficial twrp ,if you on official twrp that does not support ozip , you must use a zip stock rom .
    Format data .(if have a error reboot into recovery and then format data again)
    Boot to the rom .
    If it does not solve you issue I recommend to flash stock rom with fastboot commends .
    You can find the files needed in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...ock-fastboot-flashable-images-realme-t4003107 .
    Choose the files for you phone version EU,IN,CN .
    This is a color os and not realme ui . You can make your own realme ui version but this will work just fine .You can flash after a realme ui version ozip on recovery .
    Open cmd on the folder of the download files .
    Write without the quote mark and press enter "fastboot -w && fastboot erase system && fastboot flash boot boot.img && fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img && fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img && fastboot flash system system.img && fastboot reboot"
    After this your phone should boot into color os version.
    If you need help please write and I try to help you .
    JUST DO NOT TRY TO RELOCK YOUR BOOTLODER, THIS WILL BRICK YOU PHONE .