Bricked when returning to stock (No command)

Search This thread

Davyboy87

Nov 24, 2022
Zambia
Hey guys,

decided to flash the latest DBT Firmware via Odin to get back to stock completely. (G930FXXU3ESA3)
After flashing the firmware through Odin the phone reboots and then installs an update and erases data (blue background).
After a second reboot I end up with a blue screen and the simple error: "No command".

I can not get into recovery, as I end up with the same error message wether booting into recovery or the system.

I CAN however get into downloadmode and flash twrp, after that I can boot into system but I want to keep the whole system vanilla, without TWRP.
Installing TWRP keeps the device encrypted, no matter what. I can wipe, then install no-verity-encrypt and as soon as I reboot the device is encrypted again.

Ive tried: Different Firmware Version (December 2018), 3 different cables, different odin versions.

Edit: attached an Image of the message that Pops up after about 30sec on the no command screen.
Did you ever find the solution? For me it just happened yesterday?

Pervez804

Dec 7, 2022
Yes dear all,
Same problem happening with me since a long time. no twrp uploading with odin and i tried almost all firmwares which my S7 support after passed green indication my phone erasing data and no command apearing. i think it is FRP security reason which is not bypassing my phone and locked for life time.

Reactions: Manmeet_2008
Hi guys! Actually I am using galaxy J7(2016) but I didn't find any thread which is much relatable like this one. I am also suffering with the same problem like the author of this post. I also modified my efs, then reflashed the efs of another device to address the issue and now I am also stuck in no command error. Actually I either cant access the twrp or anything called as "custom binary" because I am so foolish that I turned of oem unlock without knowing the consequences and my phone refused to boot up ever again.
Now its been 2 weeks since I saw my phone in a perfect condition and now I cant access anything in my phone except its download mode.

I would be grateful if someone please help me out in atleast turning off frp lock in this situation 😭😭 so that I can resume my operations.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so your device will take UK Unbranded BTU firmware. You can get it from a few sources and even direct from Samsung servers with Samtool.
    Forget all that flashing TWRP and non verify nonsense, if you can get into download mode you can flash firmware, obviously make sure the firmware downloaded is not corrupt etc.
    I've used Odin V10 -13 to flash BTU and every version flashed it correctly. Sometimes you do get that "installing update" and then "erasing" but that's fine just leave the phone for a few minutes it should eventually reboot normally.
    Hmmh. Searched a lot for the version that still supported emergency recovery. (which seems to be 4.0). If I go into download mode, start smartswitch and try to use emergency recovery there is nothing for me to select.

Volume up + down and power gives me the terminal like look which I attached in the first post with all those error messages.

The EFS partition is corrupt or blank, it's the only logical explanation but the TWRP back up should solve that, without looking at it my self and running some commands i cant help your further.
    TWRP backup was created after I ran into problems though. Ive checked some more things and it seems like the serial number that is displayed (in combination rom and or Z3X) is not the same SN that is printed on the back of the phone. Could this be related? And how would I go about changing it back to the one on the sticker? The IMEI is correct.

Had someone who was more into the whole thing contact me here but when I wanted to "donate" only half of what he was asking he refused to help me.

Thats because he's a scammer. Never donate to get your phone fixed! Donate to Rom developers and things you like but never to get the phone fixed, they're usually lying.

The serial number should be the same ON the phone as displayed IN phone. Tell me the story about the phone, how did you get it? what region? where are you? what firmware was installed? Can you still flash a ROM with TWRP? Can you check OEM unlock?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

nmnmnmnmnmnmnmnmnm
    This is where I messed up I think: I used a TWRP backup from someone else that he had shared here on XDA, which probably included his /efs too.

awww.....come on man you should have said this at the start! Of course you can't use someone else's EFS data, it's unique to your handset. Custom Rom's patch some but not all EFS data that's why they work and in your case that's why Stock firmware isn't going too.
    Anyway if this is the problem (and i suspect it is) there is only one way to fix it with Octopus box which can write all the important info back onto the EFS. Your IMEI, Serial, Mac address etc. Odin reads the info from the EFS prior to nand write start, if the phone serials don't match it will always fail at some point.

You can install a custom via twrp but it will not work correctly due to EFS data miss match. Octopus box is your answer.
    Yes dear all,
    Same problem happening with me since a long time. no twrp uploading with odin and i tried almost all firmwares which my S7 support after passed green indication my phone erasing data and no command apearing. i think it is FRP security reason which is not bypassing my phone and locked for life time.