• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bricked while flashing Mi Pad 5 from Chinese to Global ROM

Search This thread

chrwo

Oct 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hi guys,

i want to flash my MiPad 5 from chinese to global Rom.

I already installed the Bootloader Unlock Tool and waited one week.

Now the bootloader is unlocked and i downloaded "Xiaomi Pad 5 Global MIUI V12.5.4.0.RKXMIXM Update". There are two different Download Versions, one for Recovery and one for fastboot. Which one is correct and usable without root?

Now i'm Stuck in the Process of Downloading TWRP because I can't find a specific version for my MiPad 5. Is there anybody who can give me a step by step Guide what to do now?

Thank you

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Hi guys,

Now the bootloader is unlocked and i downloaded "Xiaomi Pad 5 Global MIUI V12.5.4.0.RKXMIXM Update". There are two different Download Versions, one for Recovery and one for fastboot. Which one is correct and usable without root?

Now i'm Stuck in the Process of Downloading TWRP because I can't find a specific version for my MiPad 5. Is there anybody who can give me a step by step Guide what to do now?

Thank you
Try fastboot method without bootloader lock

Reactions: gorilla p

chrwo

Oct 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I bricked it....

Error occurred while flashing the Global ROM.

After that it went directly into fastboot. Can't turn it off right now.
At the moment i am trying to install twrp with help of minimal adb and fastboot. getting errors now...

Tried an Intel and a AMD Computer. Tried CN Rom and Global ROM. Endless flashing, no result. Green loading bar is completed, saying mismatching and flashing... Now its stuck in Fastboot Mode.

can anybody help?

Attachments

• 1634676442152.jpeg
    1634676442152.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 274
  • 123.PNG
    123.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Choochter

Mar 20, 2016
Google Pixel 4a
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I bricked it....

At the moment i am trying to install twrp with help of minimal adb and fastboot. getting errors now...

Tried an Intel and a AMD Computer. Tried CN Rom and Global ROM. Endless flashing, no result. Green loading bar is completed, saying mismatching and flashing... Now its stuck in Fastboot Mode.

can anybody help?
Could maybe try this:

https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/

Don't have any experience with it personally, but worth a try

amafox

Feb 19, 2018
TWRP is not required to flash the global ROM.
Just specify the unzipped global ROM as the working directory of MiFlash.

chrwo

Oct 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
finally could flash the global rom.

i am pretty sure it was about the ryzen gaming pc i used. now it worked out with my intel laptop....

strange problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocoyg

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
I bricked it....

can anybody help?
Mi Pad 5 didn't have recovery partition, since it use A/B structure. You must execute fastboot boot recovery.img and after that install recovery to RAMdisk.

Reactions: jaca22

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
I bricked it....

can anybody help?
Whered you even get twrp? Had an error while flashing from cn to global as well about sparse super failed. Then tried reflashing but i got the same error as you had and all i did was reboot the tablet in fastboot while it was still in fastboot and after that it flashed successfully even though it threw out am error flash is not done but the tablet rebooted hy itself and then booted up after a minute or two. Almost gave me a heart attack while i was at it

Edit: seems you flashed it successfully already thats good. Fastboot can be clunky on ryzen sometimes, i remeber back on mi a2 had to use a hub instead of directly connecting my phone to my ryzen pc for fastboot to work properly and not get stuck while flashing. But now i can connect directly after switching to a b450motherboard, was using a b350 before

Last edited:

puleen

Sep 5, 2007
I am trying to use the Mi Flash tool and when I open it, it tells me to install Drivers, but the screen just hangs there when I press Continue.
I also get an error saying a specific log folder is not present.

I also am trying to install global rom on china model. Please help!

caubechandai

Feb 11, 2020
I am trying to use the Mi Flash tool and when I open it, it tells me to install Drivers, but the screen just hangs there when I press Continue.
I also get an error saying a specific log folder is not present.

I also am trying to install global rom on china model. Please help!
prob just driver problems, i use ryzen and it works fine.

Critical Hit

Oct 24, 2021
Don't know if I need to create a new thread. After the unlocking, I tried to change the region from RU to CN and got the same problem after a "successful" update as chrwo with "Mismatching image and device" error and fastboot mode. Then I tried to flash global version and the device error is gone but I still have the fastboot mode. Recovery from MiToolv2 doesn't help either, after successful recovery tablet still goes only to fastboot.

Critical Hit

Oct 24, 2021
Got it working after flashing with miflash on the intel PC. I used a USB port on the motherboard this time.
So maybe there is really a problem with Ryzen.

sinmulife

Oct 14, 2013
i also brick the device using mi-flash sucking program. i finally using fastboot command flashing which copying from the stock rom "flash_all.bat" file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thank you
    Try fastboot method without bootloader lock
    finally could flash the global rom.

i am pretty sure it was about the ryzen gaming pc i used. now it worked out with my intel laptop....

strange problem
    I bricked it....

can anybody help?
    Mi Pad 5 didn't have recovery partition, since it use A/B structure. You must execute fastboot boot recovery.img and after that install recovery to RAMdisk.