Bricked Xiaomi Mi 9 SE after wiping system

xanxusokumura

Dec 15, 2020
I decided to install Pixel Experience for my Mi 9 SE today with TWRP but I kept getting the message "android.process.media" has stopped so I decided to wipe dalvik, cache and system. After that, I reflashed the firmware and rebooted then my phone got bricked into a fastboot loop.

Then for hours I had tried hundreds of ways, including using XiaomiFlash that said flash vendor error (with the Global ROM) and using XiaomiTool v2 that somehow got the TWRP on (but unable to mount /system_root so I cannot flash anything else).

Then I followed this video and changed the datatype of /system but now I got the error:
"E3004: This package is for "grus" devices; this is a "".
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7....." So Error installing the ROM.

Can anyone please tell me what to do because I think I am about to go crazy :(

lachesis197

Jan 7, 2021
I decided to install Pixel Experience for my Mi 9 SE today with TWRP but I kept getting the message "android.process.media" has stopped so I decided to wipe dalvik, cache and system. After that, I reflashed the firmware and rebooted then my phone got bricked into a fastboot loop.

Then for hours I had tried hundreds of ways, including using XiaomiFlash that said flash vendor error (with the Global ROM) and using XiaomiTool v2 that somehow got the TWRP on (but unable to mount /system_root so I cannot flash anything else).

Then I followed this video and changed the datatype of /system but now I got the error:
"E3004: This package is for "grus" devices; this is a "".
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7....." So Error installing the ROM.

Can anyone please tell me what to do because I think I am about to go crazy :(
Hi, this is probably coming a little too late, but when something like this happens, you should reflash the stock ROM provided by Xiaomi:
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2
Using either their MiFlash tool or doing it yourself from terminal via the flash_all script. Usually, the phone should be working again afterwards.

sebashebe

Jan 6, 2014
Hi, this is probably coming a little too late, but when something like this happens, you should reflash the stock ROM provided by Xiaomi:
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2
Using either their MiFlash tool or doing it yourself from terminal via the flash_all script. Usually, the phone should be working again afterwards.
Hi, im stuck in the same spot, my mi9se wont let me install any custom rom, i get error 7, 1 and everything but i cannot get out of the stock rom, can you please share the steps that you use (if you know) to sucessfully flash a custom rom on this cellphone?