Bricked Your Phone, Post Here !

Search This thread

jade2031

Apr 1, 2015
Actually Im in spain and they dont have that facility here LOL.

If you want to pop over and solve this for me LOl free holiday

Ive downloaded odin and will try and flash with your rom

thanks
will keep you posted :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

All done

she now has hello kitty as the other rom wouldnt download my antivirus didnt like it

thank you for your help now I shall try on the virtual memory
:victory:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
she now has hello kitty as the other rom wouldnt download my antivirus didnt like it

thank you for your help now I shall try on the virtual memory
:victory:

With dev host follow the instructions given as you probably clicked on an download ad button instead of download now and didn't untick the use their downloader box (if present)

I know dev host is a pain since they changed their website but you can download it following my instructions

Kalyp_so

May 4, 2015
Problem with incoming calls

Hello... I unbricked my samsung y and everything went well and it's working again :). The problem is that All incoming calls are forwarded directly to voicemail... No ringing, just a notification of a missed call ( and the person calling can only leave a message ) :( . I already cheched setting ,call forwarding ,and always forward is disabed ... outcoming calls do work fine . What looks really strange is that there are no problems with incoming calls from viber or watsapp :confused: . Does it come from unbricking my phone ?? Can someone please help me ???

giorja29

Apr 25, 2015
Hello , My phone has a problem I installed Cyanocream v4 and it worked but I looked a the Imei and it just shows 01 but when I used dokys galaxy tool it shows the real imei . And now I'm planning on flashing a nandroid backup , is it okay to flash it even I installed white xp kernel ?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

zishanakhan

Apr 15, 2015
Pune
can you help me with my dead bricked phone

This Thread Is For Them Who Bricked There Phones

Don't start a new thread for your bricked phone & post here.

We will help you with every possible solutions.

Here are some quick tips :
(Here I'll use the terms like Download-Mode & Recovery-Mode, If you dont know what are they please click here. There "BOOT to RECOVERY" & "BOOT to BOOTLOADER" means how to enter into Recovery-Mode & Download-Mode respectively.)

A Bricked Phone May Have One or More (Below Problems) :

1. Booting to the ROM(Android) not possible.
2. Booting to the Recovery-Mode not possible.
3. Black screen or Bootloop(Repeated Restarting of Phone at Boot Animation or Samsung Galaxy Y Logo).

Possible Solutions :
(Remember there'll be data loss using these solutions so always try to keep a backup)

1. If you can still enter into Recovery-Mode
(a). Try to clear Data & Cache then check.
(b). Try Installing a Custom ROM using CWM(ClockWorkMod Recovery) & check.
(For Custom ROM & CWM Visit here.)

2. If Recovery-Mode didn't helped Enter into Download-Mode & flash an odin supported stock rom(using ODIN 1.84 or 1.85) from Doky73's Thread(Flashing Guide in 2nd post).

*You can inform me, if anything left out.

Note :
1. I'll be not held responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
2. Before posting try to search for similar type problems out there & try the solution, if that doesn't solve your problem then post here.
Hi I am Zishan from Pune.
WAIT LET ME DESCRIBE IT ALL
"Hi Zishan here back.
First of all please can you have the patience to bear reading my reply PLEASE>>>>>>>>
Can you tell me if we can firstly come to some online chat or like it somewhat???
Need your urgent help!!!!
describing my problem: below

I feel i have got my iball slide 3g7334i hard bricked
it is not switching on nor charging
I had earlier rooted my device and tried to install cwm recovery on it, thereafter i tried to make a dump of system.img, recovery.img , backup.img but could not find those files.I wanted to flash ubuntu touch on it.....
i tried to do a factory reset thereafter my tablet could not boot up after iball logo.
i tried to take it to my iball service center there i donot know what they did but they said they are going to update it a software.
After that my tab could not evev switch on !!!
Is there any way to recover it back to factory mode?

Looking forward to hear from you soon!!!!!
Zishan
======================================

Apper_01

May 18, 2015
Stuck in Bootloop

Hello Forum!

My SGY is stuck in a bootloot, i think. When i switch it on, it starts recovery mode., but none of the options have any effect. still stuck. I can also go to dowload mode, but its the same there.
I dont know how this happened, i did not try to root it or something.

So, what i have done so far:
- A lot of reading in the forum
- Downloaded Odin v1.85
- Downloaded german firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568853
- Followed these instructions:
http://androidforums.com/threads/ho...using-odin-v1-85-also-fixes-bootloops.541141/
and
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOcWtuR29zM
-tried to flash it via Odin, result: "Failed"

What else can i do?? I am totally lost, guys.

Greetings and thanks in advance

Apper

jabre

Jan 2, 2014
I got stuck when i try to install Kitkat rom, i intaled CWM and it says no root permision, whn i try to instal any other rom, and something like card is not mounted, i will insert picture in a few minuts from phone..... help, what should i do???

jabre

Jan 2, 2014
Tried some other rom amd cwm, now cant do nothing. Whatever i do in cwm it got stuck and freeze and i have to take out batery.... any advice wht to do?
d97f41406b8af51e54464580b6288cb4.jpg

2728042e7b432e6aa0ced8761ac7e34f.jpg

than freeze like this
f860835b249528745488785101a15c9c.jpg

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Tried some other rom amd cwm, now cant do nothing. Whatever i do in cwm it got stuck and freeze and i have to take out batery.... any advice wht to do?

d97f41406b8af51e54464580b6288cb4.jpg

2728042e7b432e6aa0ced8761ac7e34f.jpg

than freeze like this
f860835b249528745488785101a15c9c.jpg

Your sd card is most likely incorrectly formated

Flash stock rom via odin (see my firmware thread at top of Dev section)
Once booted goto
Settings > storage
Unmount sd card
Format sd card

You might also be able to format sd card in cwm and then mount USB & transfer the rom zip via pc or use another phone or card reader to put the rom zip back

jabre

Jan 2, 2014
That was the problem, memory card was faulty, i just tried with other one without flashing and i installed rom normaly. Thanx to u. [emoji6]

Jan 2, 2015
need help

I followed this instruction. nothing happened. the techy wannabees in the mall doesnt know how to fix it.
i took out the battery of my galaxy y duos without switiching it off..........And after putting the battery when i press the power button .......the phone doesn't starts even it doesn't show the samsung galaxy y duos logo .................................it doesn't display anything ....................it is whole black.................when i press volume up+power+home or volume down+power+home button it still doesn't displays..................and the battery is fully charged...........when i connect the charger it still doesn't display anything.................................the screen is black..................................Can anybody plss help me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dave_id

Apr 6, 2012
paris
hello
please help
i had the samsung Y rooted (stock rom) then installed CMW 6.0.5.3
now I have a bootloop that goes into recovery each times...it even says i'm not rooted and if i want to root it yes/no
please help me fix it!
thanks

almuna1

Aug 17, 2015
Recovery won't work

Hello, I'm a newbie on this android thing.

I tried to install CM 7.2 on my Galaxy Young but it turned out to be a very bad rom; Wi-Fi and camera didn't work. I finally found a good room, (or at least I think it's good) in this forum: http://xdaforums.com/gala...t/rom-t2866838 but now my recovery won't work. It gets stucked and the phone restarts. I try to install a new recovery from ODIN, since the original recovery won't start and the process fails, I don't know if I'm downloading the wrong recovery or I just bricked the phone.

So, please, would you guys tell me if anything can be done? or how do I install a new recovery so I can get the rom working.

I'm trying to flash a stock rom but it's taking very long; Odin seems to get stuck at setupconnection. I downloaded the stock rom for my region (Venezuela) but I don't know if I should flash that one since I got the phone from US.

Thanks in advance! Have a good night.

Reactions: Heckeldon

Heckeldon

Sep 5, 2015
No 3G/4G signal on honor 4x in Jamaica only 2G

I brought a honor 4x in malaysia took it to jamaica and i am not getting any 4G signal on the phone, only 2G shows up for both network. Can we do anything to fix that issues please. I understand it may be frequency band issues. Thank you.

DanielRXR

Sep 19, 2015
Bricked my GTs6102

Hey. I tried to go back to stock rom but now i cant go to recovery and download mode.. It keeps rebooting. Any suggestions? :(

xmfclick

Sep 26, 2015
Soft-bricked after installing CWM 6.0.5.3

[In connection with message #1853 from dave_id]

I have just fallen into the same problem ...

I rooted my phone (Galaxy Y S-5360 running Android 2.3.6 build XXKK6) and it seemed to go OK, as the Superuser app was installed. (After that it wasn't clear to me how I could test if it really was installed OK, so I had to trust that it was.)

Then I installed ClockWorkMod 6.0.5.3 and the problems started. I wanted to back up my system at least, so I could restore it if things went wrong, so I installed CWM from “recovery-clockworkmod-6.0.5.3-totoro.zip”, which seemed to go OK. The phone re-booted and went into the CWM Recovery menu. However, I got an error message “E:Can’t mount backup path” when I tried to do a backup. After some frustration I discovered that the instructions I had found on the Web forgot to mention that you have to go into a sub-menu and mount the SD card first, so I did that and was able to do a backup. However, when I then re-booted, all that happened was that the phone re-booted into CWM. Since then, everything I do (e.g. recovering the backup) ends up with the phone booting into CWM. In the process, I get a menu that says “Root access is missing. Root devi” (the rest of the message is cut off), with the options “No” or “Yes – Root device (/system/xbin” (again cut off). It doesn’t matter which of these I select, the system still boots into CWM.

[BTW, I now see that there are two things called ClockWorkMod -- there's "Clock work mod.zip" (or variations on that name) which is about 2.58 MB in size, and then there's "recovery-clockworkmod-6.0.5.3-totoro.zip" which is 4.5 MB. By trial and error I have discovered that "Clock work mod.zip" is an old version of CWM, which someone has (un)helpfully omitted to give a sensible name to.]

Anyway, my trusty old phone is now soft-bricked. How can I get it back? ... anyone able to help?

PS: To add to my pain, I've lost my backup -- so I don't have a record of things like the IMEI number. On other forums I've read rather worrying stuff about a particular file that contains vital data about your phone and network operator, without which your phone won't work even if you restore it, yada yada, which is not good if it's true. Any comments.suggestions? If I wipe the phone and try to flash it using Odin, I guess I'll lose absolutely everything that's still on the phone?

Last edited:

Lavakush

Oct 23, 2015
HONOR 4X

Booting to the ROM(Android) not possible.
Booting to the Recovery-Mode not possible.
stuck at boot loader :(
and i haven't enabled the usb debugging mode
can you kidly help me . honor 4x che1-l04

bobbysing

Nov 1, 2015
is my phone bricked or is something else wrong with it

Really its great thread ........ Many many thanks for helping ppl ......

is it possible repair hard brick ..... what is hard brick... if device hard brick device gos life time dead ??

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium

i downloaded jellybean ROM and when i downloaded it my previous version of CWM was removed And CWM V6.0.5.3 came on and now i cant reboot my phon because it says root access it missing and i cant download rom manger on my phone because it is not turning on the home screen what should i do please help me :(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

azgalor

Nov 3, 2015
my samsung galaxy y stuck on reboot when i install kernel.. it is merruk and ext4 converter i think..when i reboot my phone it wont reboot so i format my sd card and my recoveries gone and my galxy y stuck how can i fix this without using a pc... please guys help me

ProwlerZoff

Nov 8, 2015
Its 3 years gone now, but I got me a last Samsung Y DouS GT-S6102 being the show device in a shop.

Android Version 2.3.6
BasisBandVersion S6102XXMA2
Kernel Version 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL207 #1
Buildnumber GINGERBREAD.XXMA3 .

I installed a Terminal emulator and df output says that /system is 241M Size 240M Used and that I would have 1M free .

Opening the ZIP files for update.zip and CWM-6102.zip shows some content .
Both .zip archives are 1,3 MB
and extracted need over 2M for being installed .

I had read about the rfs Robust File System being fat and I know that fat does not really like to update its
sizes when files get moved, removed or changed .
But usually a reboot fixes that .

So I wonder If the root packages here are really fitting into the /system partition .

I had until now only rooted a Huawei Ideos X3 but that had around 5MB free in /system when I installed a busybox from Debian repository
mainly to test performance using a swap file and having a few more diagnose tools like the free applet .

The CWM on the Huawei is a bit unsatisfying since it does boot into recovery automatically when powered off and attaching a charger cable .

So I wonder if these CWMs have bugs and are worth it being installed .
And I wonder if it is possible to install them if df says only 1MB free in the /system partition .

I already hard bricked a Motorola Fire XT-311 with the CWM for the Huawei Ideos X3 .

The Samsung is a quite nice phone and I like it , and do not need a second negative experience .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread Is For Them Who Bricked There Phones

Don't start a new thread for your bricked phone & post here.

We will help you with every possible solutions.

Here are some quick tips :
    (Here I'll use the terms like Download-Mode & Recovery-Mode, If you dont know what are they please click here. There "BOOT to RECOVERY" & "BOOT to BOOTLOADER" means how to enter into Recovery-Mode & Download-Mode respectively.)

A Bricked Phone May Have One or More (Below Problems) :

1. Booting to the ROM(Android) not possible.
    2. Booting to the Recovery-Mode not possible.
    3. Black screen or Bootloop(Repeated Restarting of Phone at Boot Animation or Samsung Galaxy Y Logo).

Possible Solutions :
    (Remember there'll be data loss using these solutions so always try to keep a backup)

1. If you can still enter into Recovery-Mode
    (a). Try to clear Data & Cache then check.
    (b). Try Installing a Custom ROM using CWM(ClockWorkMod Recovery) & check.
    (For Custom ROM & CWM Visit here.)

2. If Recovery-Mode didn't helped Enter into Download-Mode & flash an odin supported stock rom(using ODIN 1.84 or 1.85) from Doky73's Thread(Flashing Guide in 2nd post).

*You can inform me, if anything left out.

Note :
    1. I'll be not held responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
    2. Before posting try to search for similar type problems out there & try the solution, if that doesn't solve your problem then post here.
    Really its great thread ........ Many many thanks for helping ppl ......

is it possible repair hard brick ..... what is hard brick... if device hard brick device gos life time dead ??

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium

whatever It may be... You should never mess up with bootloaders, if you don't actually know what's there significance...

Brief description on android starting process :

pbl(primary boot loader "boot.bin") executes first and then it executes sbl ...
    Sbl(secondary boot loader "sbl.bin") is responsible for responding to combos...download mode.. Intercepting odin commands..... booting system...booting kernel.... Charging your battery while switch off... Etc etc

Harm anyone of them... And Your phone goes into lifetime hibernation, Hard-bricked.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    Make this a sticky.. there are many users who say that their phone is bricked
    Download ur S6102DXLD3 /Odin+Pit

----

I hope the PIT file you provide can solve this problem,,,
    I'm waiting,,
    Thanks before...

;)

Download Odin 1.85 + PIT

Click Hare

Download ur S6102DXLD3 (Indonesia)

Click Hare

Convert/Make Odin Pack Using Doky73 SplitFUS2 Tool

Click Hare

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

how to do that?
    I Have:

- ROM S6102 DDLA3 (PDA_S6102_DDLA3.tar.md5, MODEM_S6102_DDLA3.tar.md5, CSC_S6102_ODDLA3.tar.md5)
    - ROM S6102 DDLD4 (PDA_S6102_DDLD4.tar.md5, MODEM_S6102_DDLD4.tar.md5, CSC_S6102_ODDLD2.tar.md5)
    - Custom ROM TechnoDUOS1.0.zip
    - Stock Kernel boot.img
    - Custom Kernel boot.img
    - torino_1205
    - Odin3 v1.85

But i don't have Bootloader and true PIT File for GT-S6102 :(
    Can you help me??? Please,,, What can i do to resolve this problem..??

I'm Posted http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26321958&postcount=41

Try without Bootloader (may Be Not need).............

if u want Bootloader (i have sbl.bin) but i'm not tested it.........
    galaxy y bricked

i bricked my sgy last 3 weeks.

here's what i did.
    -installed creedsix rom.
    -installed UOT kitchen Themes.
    -wipe data

problem
    -stuck in bootlogo
    -softbricked.
    -cant go to recovery mode
    -flashed too many times, still stuck in bootloop

i flashed at least 20 times, with different firmwares.
    but still no luck, still boot lop.

my professor said something about secondary bootloader that might help. but i had definitely no idea what it is.

i asked some techies on the mall, and they said that this phone must undergo the JTAG process. but it cost $20.

help me. thanks.

can you go to download mode??

(try pressing volume down+ home button + power button all at the same time)

if it still can, then your SGY is still good

go to this ---> thread

and just flash your country's firmware