• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

bricked?

Search This thread

Haidary.T

Dec 14, 2012
Montreal in Canada
Hii!

I'm desperate to revive my Nexus 5!

Basically my phone looks dead. It doesn't vibrate, can't access recovery or bootloader. I was on Slimkat and this happened after I install a few

things: dalvik and bionic optimization, adreno gpu updates, zipalign script from Darky (a flashable zip I found somewhere around xda) and

Slimgapps. I had ElementalX N5-0.31 kernel. When I connected my phone to the computer, it tried to install (for the first time ever) "LG Android

USB Device". This never occured before (I had universal naked drivers 0.73). I don't know what messed up my phone. Maybe the zipalign zip

because there is a "kernel" folder inside so it probably messed up my kernel but I should still be able to go into bootloader right? My phone had

15% when this happened. I know at some point when I connected my phone it tried to install "QHSUSB_DLOAD" or something like that (looked

at the "similar threads" area and the name looked identical to me.)

Please help me guys :/ Thank you so much!

Haidary.T

Dec 14, 2012
Montreal in Canada
Also, while my phone is connected, it does the disconnect sound and the connect sound right after (on windows 7) when I press vol down+power.

Sorry if it's unnecessary information I'm just trying to shoot everything I can.

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
I'm not a big code guy, but basically that zipalign script was designed specifically for the Galaxy tab. There are a lot of kernel related commands in the scripts. Anything you flash that is kernel related must be specific to the device you are flashing it on. My guess would be that messed up your kernel and/or your partitions.

EDIT: After another look it seems it tried to write the boot.img to /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 which caused the brick. Nexus 5 is on mmcblk0p6

It looks like your N5 is dead.

Sorry.

Last edited:

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Some days before I was browsing the z1 thread and they have a method for their phone and they are able to unbrick their hard bricked phones.
I wish we also had the files for nexus 5.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
The last zip you flashed killed your boot loader

You could try this: connect phone to pc, whatch the qhusb_dload in device manager. Hold down power key. When qhusb_dload dissapears press and hold all the keys, both volume keys and power key.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

Haidary.T

Dec 14, 2012
Montreal in Canada
The last zip you flashed killed your boot loader

You could try this: connect phone to pc, whatch the qhusb_dload in device manager. Hold down power key. When qhusb_dload dissapears press and hold all the keys, both volume keys and power key.

qhusb isn't displayed in device manager. When windows tried to install it, it failed and since then I have never seen it again.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
qhusb isn't displayed in device manager. When windows tried to install it, it failed and since then I have never seen it again.

It should be there as unknow device or something if windows try to install drivers for it and you hear connecting or disconnecting sounds

Top Liked Posts