Question Bricked?

Search This thread

-Fedde-

May 3, 2012
In an attempt to unlock my bootloader and start using my X3 Pro I think I might have partly bricked my phone... I hope anyone can help me bring it back to life...!
I'm on a linux computer and after a wait of around a week I managed to unlock the bootloader! I still can boot into the flashed TWRP recovery
But I think I have done something wrong, I can't flash a rom or .zip, I can't sideload a file, I can't select to mount system partition (because it's not listed)
When I use ADB sideload, the error message is 'can't find partition for path ' /system_root', when I try to flash a zip in TWRP the error message is 'Failed unmounting System'
I think I made a mess of the partitition table or something like that.

So I can:
- use TWRP or Fox recovery
- use fastboot command when in fastboot mode

but I can't
flash a rom nor a fastboot rom
mount the internal storage to transport a .zip file or something

-Fedde-

May 3, 2012
I found this XiaoMiTool V2 project and then this XMT2_Linux_20.7.28.run
and was able to (after the 168 hour wait) unlock my bootloader.

kamild_

• With no official tools available for Linux (especially since the XiaoMiTool V2 is abandoned and not really supported by the creator), I would recommend avoiding such attempts and instead I would attempt to unlock the device on Windows as intended ;)
    Have you tried flashing the fastboot image you downloaded using the flash_all.sh script?

-Fedde-

May 3, 2012
    I did and I did get error after error, but now I'm trying again to look for the error messages so I could report back...
    and now it looks like there is some progression... so I'm hoping

-Fedde-

May 3, 2012
    I'm so sorry and a little ashamed, but now it is working and the rom is installed.
    Thanks for your time!
    And is there a way to archive this thread?

kamild_

• I'm so sorry and a little ashamed, but now it is working and the rom is installed.
    Thanks for your time!
    Great to hear! :D
    You could probably ask a forum moderator about that, or self-report this thread, but perhaps it may be a good idea to leave this thread here so if anyone else experiences the same problem, this thread may save them some time? Your call though.

Reactions: -Fedde-

Ad3s12

• Jul 12, 2019
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Hey, you know why are you getting those errors?
    Because the recovery isnt working fully yet!
    However, the new ofox (accessible on the official chat on telegram, i dont care putting it here, if you want it directly, pm me) works somehow, i mean, it has wipeable partitions, and flashes eu properly.

Reactions: -Fedde-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I'm so sorry and a little ashamed, but now it is working and the rom is installed.
      Thanks for your time!
      Great to hear! :D
      You could probably ask a forum moderator about that, or self-report this thread, but perhaps it may be a good idea to leave this thread here so if anyone else experiences the same problem, this thread may save them some time? Your call though.
      Hey, you know why are you getting those errors?
      Because the recovery isnt working fully yet!
      However, the new ofox (accessible on the official chat on telegram, i dont care putting it here, if you want it directly, pm me) works somehow, i mean, it has wipeable partitions, and flashes eu properly.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone