Brightness lowered after update to V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
As said, brightness is lowered heavily, now constantly using at least 3/4 of the slider. Even my old RN5 seems just as bright (if not brighter).
Better think twice before updating with official ROM.
I hope 12.5 will fix this :/

NOSS8

Sep 9, 2020
NOTFARAWAY
As said, brightness is lowered heavily, now constantly using at least 3/4 of the slider. Even my old RN5 seems just as bright (if not brighter).
Better think twice before updating with official ROM.
I hope 12.5 will fix this :/
V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM IS A beta stable

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Thank you. I did check several articles yesterday before updating and didn't catch the "beta" part. And I don't have any recollection of signing up for Beta versions.

I posted specifically to warn others who might update using this version - since it clearly says Stable in the prompt.
Topic name changed.

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Unfortunately I have some data on the phone and can't deal with it currently... I'll factory reset when a fix (or 12.5) comes - hopefully in the next few months.
To get an official OTA prompt to update, and then having to resort to factory resetting is far from ideal user experience...

j0hn83

Jan 5, 2012
This is a known issue (threads on xda). Receiving the update before or signing up for the beta program may also be the cause.
I advise you to change the title of the thread to avoid that some install the rom and then post that they have problems with this rom.
Look at here https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/lmi/
That's V12.2.4.0.RJKEUXM you have linked.

My non EU model has V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM available which is a stable build.

Edit: so that site also lists V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM as a stable beta. It isn't, it's a stable release.

Last edited:

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
There are two things concerning me here:
1: the release dates are the same (or older) as my current version,
2: I should choose the recovery rom for simple "download to phone, and click install", yes?

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Ok, so I think it is the same update file as I suspected - with the version name and release date being the same.
First impression: the gesture bug is still present After each reboot the app drawer arrow jumps to the top of the screen, which is resolved by checking and unchecking "hide full screen indicator", but then the bottom icons move higher - that is the new layout I guess, because of the full screen indicator.
IMG_20210122_191112.jpg. Screenshot_2021-01-22-19-11-43-925_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

The screen itself seem brighter again, I hope it's not just placebo effect.
I'll report if I see normal behaviour of the auto brightness setting.