Brightness lowered after update to V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM

NOSS8

Sep 9, 2020
NOTFARAWAY
Ok, so I think it is the same update file as I suspected - with the version name and release date being the same.
First impression: the gesture bug is still present After each reboot the app drawer arrow jumps to the top of the screen, which is resolved by checking and unchecking "hide full screen indicator", but then the bottom icons move higher - that is the new layout I guess, because of the full screen indicator.
View attachment 5195623. View attachment 5195625

The screen itself seem brighter again, I hope it's not just placebo effect.
I'll report if I see normal behaviour of the auto brightness setting.
did you reset the phone, maybe it will not change anything but it remains a solution.

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
No, not yet... I will see in the next days, if the auto brightness behaves better - if not I'll backup my data and do a factory reset in a few weeks when I'll have more time for that.

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
I get "app not installed" when the installation process finishes. I do have the permission to install from unknown sources enabled.

EDIT: my device is stock, and I haven't unlocked bootloader. The only thing I did so far, is install a few gcam versions.
Do I have to any change anything under developer settings?

Johnybandit

Aug 8, 2020
I face to the same issue. After factory reset, no change. It seems to me, that the maximum brightness is the same, but the control is not linear as before the update. I also feel, that the minimum brightness is lower now.

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Try unchecking "Adjust text and backgrounds automatically" under "More Dark mode options", it's a bit better. I didn't notice this option before.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone