• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Broke phone screen. Is their any way I can get ADB access? [Oneplus Nord N100]

Search This thread

Suriyawong

Dec 6, 2021
I have a OnePlus Nord N100 that I dropped off a ladder... I ordered a new phone (screen replacement seemed to not be worth the hastle on such a cheap phone when replacement kit was 60$) but would like to re-purpose the device for something as I am very against e-waste.

I would like to make it a security camera. If I can get ADB shell access it should be possible to install termux and run some linux command line utilities for this (i.e. motion and rclone to upload).

Problem is that without screen I cant login and turn on usb debugging. This phone uses usb 2.0 so I cannot use an hdmi display and mouse.

Is their any way I can get usb debugging enabled? I would prefer to be able to get my files off the device but most of it was backed up. Resetting is fine. I would even be down to try to re flash it with a serial programmer or something. Would their perhaps be any serial programming pads I could solder onto?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I have a OnePlus Nord N100 that I dropped off a ladder... I ordered a new phone (screen replacement seemed to not be worth the hastle on such a cheap phone when replacement kit was 60$) but would like to re-purpose the device for something as I am very against e-waste.

I would like to make it a security camera. If I can get ADB shell access it should be possible to install termux and run some linux command line utilities for this (i.e. motion and rclone to upload).

Problem is that without screen I cant login and turn on usb debugging. This phone uses usb 2.0 so I cannot use an hdmi display and mouse.

Is their any way I can get usb debugging enabled? I would prefer to be able to get my files off the device but most of it was backed up. Resetting is fine. I would even be down to try to re flash it with a serial programmer or something. Would their perhaps be any serial programming pads I could solder onto?
If you did not have USB debugging enabled in system settings, there is no external way to enable it. Fix the screen, otherwise, the device won't be any good for an secondary uses other than using it as a paperweight or a doorstop.