• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Broken MIX FOLD SCREEN

Search This thread

amirulz1

Jul 19, 2021
Hi so recently i feel cautious about inner screen so naturally i would be looking for a screen protector for the screen. In came the screen protector which is matte. Naturally putting it on the first time it was fine when folding it. Couple of weeks later, found a stuck pixel ( a mixture of green and red can be seen) on my screen. With that said looking online, tried using software, the stuck pixel software ( you can search it on playstore, very popular with high ratings) and it works, kinda off since after a while my middle of the crease started having a blackdot in the bottom middle. After removing the screen protector that I install, it started too blacken out everything and sort of having the green line across the screen. With that said, i then restarted with the gut feeling that maybe it can clear out most of it but no it got worst, whole screen started flickering and more. In any case , with worries about it then I started looking for parts online and luckily there is a parts for it , just for the screen itself cost ard SGD400++ on alixpress, without thinking much , bought it and started asking the seller of any guides of installing it and yeap no guides for it . Luckily theres a shop around whose willing to fix it and yeap nice screen again. With that said with everything, just wanna say handle your device with real care, like real care and also screen protector its a risk i would say. Worth a try but you will never know if your device will have the same issues as mine in the coming future. My usage of the device is real heavy since i mostly used it for gaming, read manga, articles so the number of times flipping it open and close is alot.
photo6201628726555422363.jpg
photo6201628726555422358.jpg
photo6201628726555422359.jpg
photo6201497592613940603.jpg

Attachments

• photo6201497592613940602.jpg
    photo6201497592613940602.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 10

squallho1

Jul 13, 2007
You can only use TPU based protector, very thin and soft plus hard to apply properly.
However it's still better than not using any protector since we know the foldable screen is kidda easy to get scratched.

Reactions: amirulz1

amirulz1

Jul 19, 2021
You can only use TPU based protector, very thin and soft plus hard to apply properly.
However it's still better than not using any protector since we know the foldable screen is kidda easy to get scratched.
well using a tpu screen protector actually.. in any case if you check the plastic sheet inside the box when u take out the phone, at the bottom right stated clearly that putting screen protector will result in issues .so there you go if you want you can go ahead but with everything theres risk to it

WaldenGaming

Feb 18, 2016
Myresjö
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G Flex
well using a tpu screen protector actually.. in any case if you check the plastic sheet inside the box when u take out the phone, at the bottom right stated clearly that putting screen protector will result in issues .so there you go if you want you can go ahead but with everything theres risk to it
I hope your phone is doing fine now and is in a good shape. Weirdly, my Mix fold came with pre-installed screen protectors from the box. Now the inner screen protector started to crack in the crease, but the main display is unaffected. I don't know if I should carefully remove it or if I can stick around with it some more months.

Reactions: amiruls

amiruls

Jan 10, 2014
Mi MIX Fold
I hope your phone is doing fine now and is in a good shape. Weirdly, my Mix fold came with pre-installed screen protectors from the box. Now the inner screen protector started to crack in the crease, but the main display is unaffected. I don't know if I should carefully remove it or if I can stick around with it some more months.
Well if iam in your position i would removed it since like i said it would probably ruin the screen beneath it ....since also like it has been said that screen protector are not supposed to be there.

Reactions: WaldenGaming

amirulz1

Jul 19, 2021
Just removed the screen protector, and the annoying cracks are finally gone! Inner display seems clearer and touch feels better. Will never apply any screen protector on the big screen after seeing your post. It is has good protection when it is folded. What a relief from my side.
just be mindful of your nails and there you go! also with fingerprints on screen bring with you a microfibre cloth

Reactions: WaldenGaming

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well if iam in your position i would removed it since like i said it would probably ruin the screen beneath it ....since also like it has been said that screen protector are not supposed to be there.
    Just removed the screen protector, and the annoying cracks are finally gone! Inner display seems clearer and touch feels better. Will never apply any screen protector on the big screen after seeing your post. It is has good protection when it is folded. What a relief from my side.
    just be mindful of your nails and there you go! also with fingerprints on screen bring with you a microfibre cloth