Broken screen - No usb debugging. No recovery. How do I recover data?

Search This thread

dramon

Aug 14, 2011
So I've been having a really unlucky day so far.

My Xperia Z2 6502 fell and the screen got cracked. The touch screen is going haywire. I had usb debugging mode enabled and was trying to recover the data using a screen mirror software but due to some bad luck, the random touches on the screen somehow turned debugging off. Also usb was set to charge only.
Is there anyway I can access the internal storage?

In summary:
- Running rooted marshmallow
- BL locked
- Touch screen going haywire
- No recovery installed ( the recovery I had installed was temporary, needed to be installed while booted with debugging enabled)

Any suggestions?

I tried using flashboot mode but I think it requires usb debugging to be enabled?
Can I do anything in fastboot mode?

raminta

Jul 30, 2012
shiraz
Xiaomi Mi 8
So I've been having a really unlucky day so far.

My Xperia Z2 6502 fell and the screen got cracked. The touch screen is going haywire. I had usb debugging mode enabled and was trying to recover the data using a screen mirror software but due to some bad luck, the random touches on the screen somehow turned debugging off. Also usb was set to charge only.
Is there anyway I can access the internal storage?

In summary:
- Running rooted marshmallow
- BL locked
- Touch screen going haywire
- No recovery installed ( the recovery I had installed was temporary, needed to be installed while booted with debugging enabled)

Any suggestions?

I tried using flashboot mode but I think it requires usb debugging to be enabled?
Can I do anything in fastboot mode?
There is no need for usb debugging for fast boot
And did you tried using mouse with OTG???

nutson

Jun 9, 2017
If you can see the display, use an OTG cable to connect a mouse, so you can "click on" the screen and enable the USB debugging or make a backup.

G

GuestK0099