Browser2Ram--reduce/eliminate browser lag--Root only

Search This thread

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm not sure if this app has hit the Xoom yet, but since it has worked wonders on both my Transformer Infinity and my Nexus 7, I tried it with my Xoom, and it really improved my browsing experience. It works on AOSP browser and Chrome and may also work with other 3rd party browsers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34885711&postcount=58

Install the app (you may need to reboot) and grant root permission, and then, in your browser, type about:debug and hit enter. Go to browser settings and you should see the debug menu. Put a checkmark next to Set CPU Upload Path and Enable Light Touch. I uncheck View Java Console and leave everything else as is. Close settings and enjoy your new, smoother scrolling browser.

I also like using an app like Cool Tool (available in PlayStore) to monitor my ram. So far, so great!

I had nothing to do with the development of this wonderful app and the link points to t3hSteve who's the one who should get the thanks. If you try it, share your experience!

Last edited:

haydnlj

Aug 26, 2008
Sydney
Install the app (you may need to reboot) and grant root permission, and then, in your browser, type about:debug and hit enter. Go to browser settings and you should see the debug menu. Put a checkmark next to Set CPU Upload Path and Enable Light Touch. I uncheck View Java Console and leave everything else as is. Close settings and enjoy your new, smoother scrolling browser.

How do you get the debug menu in Chrome - about:debug goes nowhere? Works great in stock browser tho, thanks!

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
I encountered the same problem. My assumption was that enabling it in stock browser automatically enabled it to work in chrome....

I feel like its working though. The browsers are fast

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if this app has hit the Xoom yet, but since it has worked wonders on both my Transformer Infinity and my Nexus 7, I tried it with my Xoom, and it really improved my browsing experience. It works on AOSP browser and Chrome and may also work with other 3rd party browsers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34885711&postcount=58

I also like using an app like Cool Tool (available in PlayStore) to monitor my ram. So far, so great!

I had nothing to do with the development of this wonderful app and the link points to t3hSteve who's the one who should get the thanks. If you try it, share your experience!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone