• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
Hello everyone,

Just yesterday I received the Android 11 update for my Xiaomi Mi 9T, in the form of MIUI 12.1.1 Global. After updating, I noticed that the app Facebook Messenger, an app that I use all the time, was not displaying notifications for new messages. After double checking all the settings (battery optimization, notification settings all enabled, etc.), I realized that the problem was the Bubbles option being enabled within the app settings. Enabling the option, attempts to draw a bubble on the screen when I receive a message, but fails, thus only making the phone vibrate. No luck even if I tap on "Show as bubble" for a chat.

I figured I had to enable the Bubbles manually in the MIUI Settings, but I can't find such a setting. Searching for "bubbles" in the settings shows "couldn't find results". I've also checked the developer options, nothing there either.

Is this even possible? How can a phone with Android 11 be missing this option? I thought it came natively with the OS...

Thank you in advance!

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
*Fixed*

Solved the issue by joining the Messenger app Beta program and updating to the Beta version of the app. Even if it says "Beta program full" on the Playstore, you can google something like "Messenger Beta" and you'll be able to join the program.
Fyi the bubbles are buggy as hell, but at least they function now...