Question Buds Live are the only earbuds that won't work with the S22 Ultra

Search This thread

greycobalt

Mar 28, 2011
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
I'm hoping someone has some answers for me because I'm absolutely baffled.

I used the Buds Live on my Note 20 Ultra and they worked fine. When I got my Watch4, they came with the Buds2, so I gave the Lives to my dad. The Buds2 work fine but they end up hurting my ears and not fitting properly. I've put off finding a better pair all year, and now I've run into this.

I tried pairing a new pair of Buds Live from Amazon with my S22 Ultra. The right bud refused to work at all, and all the 'tricks' I found on Reddit and Google about trying to charge it or fiddle it to make it work did nothing. I exchanged them for another pair. This pair connects, but then goes bonkers. It will cut out constantly, get a desync between the buds (where I hear the same thing slightly off from both buds), and one bud will randomly disconnect for anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute. I figured I got another bum pair, but based on a friend's advice, I tried them on my dad's phone (Pixel 6a), and they work completely fine. I tried my mom's Pixel Buds on my S22, they also work fine.

That's when I realized my Buds2 also worked fine since I've had the phone, so it couldn't be the Gear app or some bluetooth hardware issue. I've tried every single fix and recommendation short of resetting the network settings since I have about a couple hundred WiFi passwords I can't bother to lose.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I'm totally out of ideas and pretty bummed since the Live are the only buds that aren't uncomfortable for my weirdly shaped ears.

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
I also got buds live with N20u but mine are working fine with S22U. I would agree with earlier suggestion to contact the support and let them deal with it... until you get a pair that works

Reactions: greycobalt

greycobalt

Mar 28, 2011
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
I also got buds live with N20u but mine are working fine with S22U. I would agree with earlier suggestion to contact the support and let them deal with it... until you get a pair that works

That's so weird, I cannot imagine why these buds in particular wouldn't work. I'll contact support, but I'm not sure what they'll be able to do. Other Samsung and non-Samsung earbuds work perfectly fine, so just this one model not working is confounding me.

My buds live work fine with it.

Good to know, so it's not something wrong with the actual phone model.

greycobalt

Mar 28, 2011
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
So I was just creating a return on Amazon to order another pair, and I noticed I ordered the "international version" instead of the "US version". I can't see how that would make a difference, but could that be the problem?

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
So I was just creating a return on Amazon to order another pair, and I noticed I ordered the "international version" instead of the "US version". I can't see how that would make a difference, but could that be the problem?
Well, I would also think it shouldn't make a difference, but just in case and to please gods, order US version this time. And, let us know if how they work once they arrive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try to chat with Samsung support, send them serial# and get refund if broken devices
    My buds live work fine with it.