• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bug/Feature Request] CANNOT SEE MENU SELECTION ON ANDROID TV

Search This thread

svartchimpans

Jun 13, 2019
An image says a thousand words:

zltRjuyl.jpg

Imagine that you're sitting in the sofa watching TV... how are you going to see which menu button you have selected? (Hint: The "Audio" icon is selected...).

The whole top-bar has a very very very very faint background to show the highlighted selection. I can't even see it on the TV when there's lots of motion in the video behind the bar. I have to pause the video and look around and move the cursor a bit to find what is selected!

Here's someone who has the same annoyance: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77833100&postcount=5

Please, can you release a mini-update which makes the background selection color for the top-bar + the menu (the one opened with "...") configurable? So that we can actually see what we are selecting. :crying:

I set up an Android box for my mother who is 70, she can't see what choice she is picking! :crying:

Best regards. We love MX Player!

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
Please, can you release a mini-update which makes the background selection color for the top-bar + the menu (the one opened with "...") configurable? So that we can actually see what we are selecting. :crying:

I set up an Android box for my mother who is 70, she can't see what choice she is picking! :crying:

Yes, I asked it some time ago. It would be very useful to set the shadow colour when you use remote control in a tv box.

We regret the inconveniences caused. We will highlight this with our relevant team and will do the best to get it resolved at the earliest. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

Reactions: svartchimpans

enreka_tr

Nov 24, 2010
Samsun
Hi
I noticed one thing that bothers me. On mibox Android Tv when I want to manually search for subtitles I cant get the Keyboard show up for me to type. Is this pointed out before? I will be glad of this bug sorted out. Thanks.

svartchimpans

Jun 13, 2019
We regret the inconveniences caused. We will highlight this with our relevant team and will do the best to get it resolved at the earliest. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you so incredibly much!

I just told my mom the news and she is super happy and impressed with you! If this is solved she will finally be able to see what she’s doing when she is trying to choose subtitles! : D

The main top bar is the main problem, but the menus are also a problem. The menus use the same soft selection which is difficult to see. We would be really grateful if both colors are made configurable! :)

Last edited:

lemach

Feb 14, 2012
I also want this...it is very difficult to read on androd tv devices. Please any way to fix it? On phone interface i can edit on screen control...why not on tv interface? Can i switch between both interface?

thanks for your support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I asked it some time ago. It would be very useful to set the shadow colour when you use remote control in a tv box.