[BUG FIX] For Ginger Yoshi for 32a/b and G1...

Search This thread

mmaiolo81

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
READ THE FLIPPING MANUAL!!! (or RTFM for short)
so please do us all a favor and read this in it's entirety....
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!...

This thread is a listing of bugs both current and fixed for the Ginger Yoshi ROM line available HERE
PLEASE READ THE |OP| IN ITS ENTIRETY AS REPEATED QUESTIONS WILL BE IGNORED

This will serve as Yoshi's to do and completed list for his Gingerbread line of ROM's, and also a Q&A section for issues....

Current Issues Fixed
32a support with a flashed kernel (auto kernel removed, because if you need to flash a different one it breaks wifi)
gmail incorporated in rom
Eaten messages (mms.apk and email app)
3rd party GPS 32b
Smoother animations
Voice functions (text to speech, vlingo)
3rd party weather
Higher quadrant score thanks to l0st.prophet on his framework changes
MiRen updated to 1.2 out of the box, no need to download
CPU settings and other CM parts issues
Gtalk now works
GPS issues should be fixed
cmparts updated
opengl smoothed out
Apps2ext fully working
updated mms
updated some lib files
abit more free ram ^_^
added youtube
updated broswer
changed wallpaper
changed boot anim (back to classics for this one)
updated deskclock
updated html viewer
updaed cmparts new long press search button to launch custom app (short press has a bug dont use that)

Fixed with the NEXT RELEASE
Some apks changed around

Not currently fixed:
USB tether(on 32b devices only, other devices with certain kernel combinations)
on/off screen animations
SMS reporting issue

Please bear in mind the easiest and simplest way of correcting an issue with a ROM is to read the ROM's |OP|, and the easiest correction is to re-wipe (using both ohsaka's superwipev2 from here, and recovery wipe the list... do both twice)your phone well, then reflash the rom...

General Questions:

Q: This app or that app is not working....
A: wipe and reflash....

Q: This or that app won't work on Ginger Yoshi, but worked fine on Froyo Yoshi
A: Some developers have not supported their work on the 2.3 line yet... it is a developer issue, not a ROM issue....

Q: I get error whatever trying to flash the ROM in recovery?
A: Download the link again, wipe and reiinstall.

Q: Google Setup FC's (that's force closes)
A: make sure you have an ext partition set up, preferably ext4, wipe (see above) and reinstall ROM

Q: Why isn't this or that incorporated in the ROM?
A: Either because it breaks something, or maybe it was FORGOTTEN, we all do this for the betterment of the community...

Q: Do I need to wipe before upgrade?
A: Unless it specifically says no wipe update, which yoshi has yet to do thus far, YES YOU NEED TO WIPE!! it GREATLY reduces issues... (on another note even the CM team has made a post by a Senior Mod here)

Q: I ask questions before searching or reading....
A: You will either be flamed or ignored...

G1/32B

Q: My phone hangs on boot?
A: Make sure you have the 2.22.27.08 or 2.22.28.05 radio and the 1.33.0013 or 1.33.0013d spl... available here

32a

Q: Can I use the new 6.35 radio?
A: NO!! it says so in the ROM's OP, you should be using the old 3.22 radio, and the 1.33.2009 or 1.33.2010 SPL.

Q: What kernel should I use?
A: this one...

Q: Why do I have to flash a radio, on other ROM's I don't?
A: Because that's what the Dev says, the is YOSHI's ROM not Mr. XYZ...

MT3G 1.2

Q: I am confused, on what to do?
A: check this post hereby jjrumph

Q: What kernel do I flash?
A: Well you can flash 1 or 2... this oneto get you booted, it will work, you can also flashthis one modded by ratking with an extra 10mb of space...

Please take the advice of the Team in corrective actions....

Team Members:
yohshua
mmaiolo81
xillius200
butch87402
sparksco
blahbl4hblah
WoblyGoblin
stevendeb25
ferreinf
jjrumph
ThdDude
cpaixao
stevenc19
tnpapadakos
sada23
Core (special mention for the awesome alternate site)
Nforce

Please report issues with applications, and settings options....

Also please keep in mind that Yoshi spends countless hours working on this ROM, be sure to atleast press his thank you button once, or twice :), if you are feeling gracious, you could also press on the donate button over his avatar, to help support development....

Last edited:

jjrumph

Sep 7, 2010
Fairview,TX
This thread is a listing of bugs both current and fixed for the Ginger Yoshi ROM line available HERE

This will serve as Yoshi's to do and completed list for his Gingerbread line of ROM's

Current Issues Fixed, either currently or with the NEXT RELEASE:
32a support
3rd party GPS
Smoother animations
3rd party weather
cmparts updated

Not currently fixed:
USB tether
on/off screen animations

Please bear in mind the easiest and simplest way of correcting an issue with a ROM is to read the ROM's |OP|, make sure you spl/radio is what it should be, in this case check here, a clean install, and in this case an EXT4 partition on your sdcard...

Team Members:
yohshua
mmaiolo81
xillius200
butch87402
sparksco
blahbl4hblah
WoblyGoblin

Most everything runs great. Text to speech settings force closes which looks like it's addressed in next release.
Only issue for me is that I'm trying to install Swype using Swype Installer. Keep getting Data network experienced problem message try again. Keep getting this. Had it installed on CM 6.1 with no issue.

Currently using My Touch 3G with 3.5 mm JAck
Radio 2.22.28.25 hboot 1.33.0013

Great work though. Love the rom.

setherd

Apr 7, 2010
Most everything runs great. Text to speech settings force closes which looks like it's addressed in next release.
Only issue for me is that I'm trying to install Swype using Swype Installer. Keep getting Data network experienced problem message try again. Keep getting this. Had it installed on CM 6.1 with no issue.

When I had it working on my phone I kept getting a swipe error message about swype not being made for my device???

also please fix the USB tether bug! :) I use that all the time.

mmaiolo81

Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL

Yes text to speech will work when new one comes out... ill check out the swype issue...

will look into the swype, and text to speech works great....

Sent from my 32b running Ginger Yoshi using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: borkan

mmaiolo81

Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
When I had it working on my phone I kept getting a swipe error message about swype not being made for my device???

also please fix the USB tether bug! :) I use that all the time.

Will try the swype in a few, yoshi is working hard to get the tether working...

Reactions: borkan

hulkamaphone

Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
Okay, I've uninstalled Tweetdeck, cleared cache, rebooted and reinstalled.... and still getting FC. I'm lost as to what is going on here, everything else is working fine?

I'll just have to wait until the next Yoshi Ginger release and perform another wipe to see if that fixes the issue.

Last edited:

mmaiolo81

Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
Okay, I've uninstalled Tweetdeck, cleared cachem rebooted and reinstalled.... and still getting FC. I'm lost as to what is going on here, everything else is working fine?

I'll just have to wait until the next Yoshi Ginger release and perform another wipe to see if that fixes the issue.

Did you do a full wipe before you re installed the rom?

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA App

hulkamaphone

Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
Did you do a full wipe before you re installed the rom?

I didn't reinstall the rom this time, just uninstalled Tweetdeck, cleared cache (if that even did anything) and reinstalled it... oh and I removed the backup file I had in Titanium back too.

I'll perform a full wipe (superwipe) when I flash the new Yoshi rom, see if that fixes it.

mmaiolo81

Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
ok so i got swype installed however it says the one downloaded is for a difderent device so the actual swype doesnt work any ideas...

mmaiolo81

Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
I didn't reinstall the rom this time, just uninstalled Tweetdeck, cleared cache (if that even did anything) and reinstalled it... oh and I removed the backup file I had in Titanium back too.

I'll perform a full wipe (superwipe) when I flash the new Yoshi rom, see if that fixes it.

Thats the one i am on and it works great... So if its not imparative i would just wait should be posted tonight or tomorrow...

jjrumph

Sep 7, 2010
Fairview,TX
ok so i got swype installed however it says the one downloaded is for a difderent device so the actual swype doesnt work any ideas...

If Swype is checked in settings, then try long press text area and choose other keyboard. The do the same thing, long press and press Swype and see if that works. Thats what I had to do if I rebooted on 6.1

jjrumph

Sep 7, 2010
Fairview,TX

So what did you to to get it installed? Anything different than run installer. Like I said all I can do is enter my name and password then get data network error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THE FLIPPING MANUAL!!! (or RTFM for short)
    so please do us all a favor and read this in it's entirety....
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!...

This will serve as Yoshi's to do and completed list for his Gingerbread line of ROM's, and also a Q&A section for issues....

Current Issues Fixed
    32a support with a flashed kernel (auto kernel removed, because if you need to flash a different one it breaks wifi)
    3rd party GPS 32b
    Smoother animations
    3rd party weather
    MiRen updated to 1.2 out of the box, no need to download
    CPU settings and other CM parts issues
    Gtalk now works
    GPS issues should be fixed
    cmparts updated
    opengl smoothed out
    Apps2ext fully working
    updated mms
    updated some lib files
    abit more free ram ^_^
    added youtube
    updated broswer
    changed wallpaper
    changed boot anim (back to classics for this one)
    updated deskclock
    updated html viewer
    updaed cmparts new long press search button to launch custom app (short press has a bug dont use that)

Fixed with the NEXT RELEASE
    Some apks changed around

Not currently fixed:
    USB tether(on 32b devices only, other devices with certain kernel combinations)
    on/off screen animations
    SMS reporting issue

Please bear in mind the easiest and simplest way of correcting an issue with a ROM is to read the ROM's |OP|, and the easiest correction is to re-wipe (using both ohsaka's superwipev2 from here, and recovery wipe the list... do both twice)your phone well, then reflash the rom...

General Questions:

Q: This app or that app is not working....
    A: wipe and reflash....

Q: This or that app won't work on Ginger Yoshi, but worked fine on Froyo Yoshi
    A: Some developers have not supported their work on the 2.3 line yet... it is a developer issue, not a ROM issue....

Q: I get error whatever trying to flash the ROM in recovery?
    A: Download the link again, wipe and reiinstall.

Q: Google Setup FC's (that's force closes)
    A: make sure you have an ext partition set up, preferably ext4, wipe (see above) and reinstall ROM

Q: Why isn't this or that incorporated in the ROM?
    A: Either because it breaks something, or maybe it was FORGOTTEN, we all do this for the betterment of the community...

Q: Do I need to wipe before upgrade?
    A: Unless it specifically says no wipe update, which yoshi has yet to do thus far, YES YOU NEED TO WIPE!! it GREATLY reduces issues... (on another note even the CM team has made a post by a Senior Mod here)

Q: I ask questions before searching or reading....
    A: You will either be flamed or ignored...

G1/32B

Q: My phone hangs on boot?
    A: Make sure you have the 2.22.27.08 or 2.22.28.05 radio and the 1.33.0013 or 1.33.0013d spl... available here

32a

Q: Can I use the new 6.35 radio?
    A: NO!! it says so in the ROM's OP, you should be using the old 3.22 radio, and the 1.33.2009 or 1.33.2010 SPL.

Q: What kernel should I use?
    A: this one...

Q: Why do I have to flash a radio, on other ROM's I don't?
    A: Because that's what the Dev says, the is YOSHI's ROM not Mr. XYZ...

MT3G 1.2

Q: I am confused, on what to do?
    A: check this post hereby jjrumph

Q: What kernel do I flash?
    A: Well you can flash 1 or 2... this oneto get you booted, it will work, you can also flashthis one modded by ratking with an extra 10mb of space...

Team Members:
    yohshua
    mmaiolo81
    xillius200
    butch87402
    sparksco
    blahbl4hblah
    WoblyGoblin
    stevendeb25
    ferreinf
    jjrumph
    ThdDude
    cpaixao
    stevenc19
    tnpapadakos
    sada23
    Core (special mention for the awesome alternate site)
    Nforce

Also please keep in mind that Yoshi spends countless hours working on this ROM, be sure to atleast press his thank you button once, or twice :), if you are feeling gracious, you could also press on the donate button over his avatar, to help support development....
    Quick Search

Really loving this RC4, fast and stable. Thanks and good job!

I don't if its just me or is it a bug but the Search button on my phone does nothing it used to open Google Search.

I get that a lot. you have to move googlequicksearchbox.apk into system/app then reboot.
    I can do that with my Root explorer file manager but others may have a better way.
    I can't seem to get the ROM to download. I would be stuck on the green booting screen. I flashed 2.22.28.25 radio and 1.33.0013d successfully through recovery. I then wiped through recovery then flashed superwipe. I turned off the phone and rebooted into recovery. Then I flashed Ginger yoshi RC4 then I flashed boot-cm_2635.10_ds_32b-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-012611 as my kernel over Ginger yoshi RC4. I then reboot and get stuck on the green HTC screen. Here is my info:

MT3G 1.2 (3.5mm Jack)

Fastboot:
    SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
    HBOOT-1.33.0013d (SAPP31000)
    CPLD-13
    RADIO-2.22.28.25
    Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there something I'm missing?

For My Touch 1.2 you should have SPL 1.33.0013 and RAdio 2.22.28.25

Here is link for radio: http://rapidshare.com/files/43135125...22.28.25_S.zip

Flash the radio through recovery.

Put the rom and this kernel on your sd card.

Kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?uo8sg4tj1c6d0oc

ALso Superwipe v2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VQ4D40M

Boot into Recovery,use superwipe V2 once or twice also wipe dalvik cache.
    Then flash the rom, then the kernel, then reboot.

Yes text to speech will work when new one comes out... ill check out the swype issue...

will look into the swype, and text to speech works great....

So, I'm having issue's with my keyboard not popping up or closing on me when trying to text or type anything.. any fixes to share? Thanks..

clear catch ^^