[Bug] (MOB30P) Low Volume During Call (Fixed in MOB30Y August Release )

Search This thread

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
There are two bugs with volume in MOB30P:

1. Low volume
2. Inability to adjust in-call volume

It has been reported by some that a reboot will fix #1. Personally, I have only experienced #2; this was on a clean install of MOB30P.

These bugs are likely related, possibly to the same commit (see here).

Last edited:

Vaizen

• Dec 24, 2011
    Bogotá
    There are two bugs with volume in MOB30P:

1. Low volume
    2. Inability to adjust in-call volume

It has been reported by some that a reboot will fix #1. Personally, I have only experienced #2; this was on a clean install of MOB30P.

These bugs are likely related, possibly to the same commit (see here).
    Actually now that you mention it I'm having both problems. A simple reboot won't fix any of them. The only workaround for #1 was to install ViPER4Android (I l wasn't using it for a long time) and boost the volume but it's really tricky to get a good overall sound because some sounds get muffled, but it's due to MOB30P update.

Additionally to #1 or at least on latest chroma the alarm volume can only be modified on settings, the quick volume adjust won't work.

In call volume is still low though.

luca.giannatiempo

Jan 26, 2011
    I've flashed the boot.IMG too and the issue is gone. But what if I flash a cuatom kernel now, as elementalx 6.18??does the volume bug come back again?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

n2kbg

Apr 17, 2016
    "P" has a lot more kernel level security fixes than past updates did. As a result I personally prefer to live with the audio issue rather risk getting infected with new malware that exploits any of these bugs.

Coincidentally the new kernel includes a fix for "Elevation of privilege vulnerability in Qualcomm sound driver (Device specific) CVE-2016-2068". It's not unlikely that the code changes for that fix have something to do with the audio problem.

h t t p s ://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2016-07-01.html

Reactions: elbi14

marcocore

May 23, 2010
    Miami, FL
    I thought my N5 was finally giving up on me (I started REALLY considering buying a new phone before the next Nexus came out) but I'm glad I came across this thread! Call volume stuck regardless of what level setting it's on and it's way too quiet. I can barely hear the person I'm talking to.

Update: simply flashed boot.img from previous build and all is back to normal. :)

Last edited:

luca.giannatiempo

Jan 26, 2011
    Since ElementalX 6.18 is base on the P kernel, it has the same bug of low volume. Simply use 6.17 instead.
    Thank you. This mean that you don't need to flash boot.IMG. you could have flashed even just elementalx 6.17 or any other custom kernel not based on P?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts