• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bug: Pause/Play doesn't work with Bluetooth earphones' buttons on Android 12

Search This thread

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
I've noticed that pause/play using Bluetooth earphones' buttons is not working in any version of Android 12 (tested on every version, from DP1 till PB1). The sound is muted for a few seconds, but the video continues playing. I've tried both free and pro versions and tried toggling the settings. The same problem also exists in Facebook app but not VLC player nor XPlayer.

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I've noticed that pause/play using Bluetooth earphones' buttons is not working in any version of Android 12 (tested on every version, from DP1 till PB1). The sound is muted for a few seconds, but the video continues playing. I've tried both free and pro versions and tried toggling the settings. The same problem also exists in Facebook app but not VLC player nor XPlayer.
Please collect a bug report from the help menu on the playback screen quickly after reproducing the problem and share it with us at [email protected] along with a reference to this thread link. Once received, we will investigate this further and get a workaround for your issues.

Thank You.

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Just an update, the bug is not resolved in Android 12 Beta 2, which was released yesterday.
We apologize for the delayed response.

Based on the information provided, there seems to be a bug in Android 12's MediaPlayer implementation. Please select HW+ Decoder from the menu options on the playback screen and let us know if it fixes your problems.

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
We apologize for the delayed response.

Based on the information provided, there seems to be a bug in Android 12's MediaPlayer implementation. Please select HW+ Decoder from the menu options on the playback screen and let us know if it fixes your problems.

The problem is not solved by choosing HW+ decoder. I understand that this problem is in Android 12 (because the same problem exists in videos on Facebook app), but some other media players like X Player and VLC seem to have apparently found a workaround the issue. Good luck with that. I am really missing my favourite media since Android 12 DPs started coming out.