• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bug with 3rd party launchers on OneUI 3.1 (default version)

Search This thread

orbital247

Feb 22, 2009
I have a different issue wherein even tough I have set Nova as the default launcher, after a reboot, One UI launcher is set as default again. This doesn't happen all the time though but just random.
Same here, I think this is probably related, weirdly for me it sometimes defaults back to OneUI but in the default apps list there is nothing selected. It just deselects the customer launcher sometimes after a reboot.

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
Kaunas
Yeah you have to use this with the Samsung gestures still (three bottom gesture zones) but it was the back gesture that I was really struggling with so can live with that compromise.
Personally I like samsung gestures more, swipe and hold is just too slow. but I like the swipe pill to move to recent apps, it works with both samsung and android 11 gesture system problem is you need to keep them visible and i can't stand those 3 pills at the bottom even with good lock mod navstar.

jbtx06

Feb 18, 2021
I was having Nova Launcher issue at first. What I did to fix it was set OneUI as default, exit the menu. Go back into that menu and then change back to Nova Launcher. Reboot. It took a couple of tries repeating the same process, but it eventually sticks. I haven't had any issues since.

Also, side note. The Samsung widgets that aren't transparent, first set them up in OneUI with the settings you want them at. Then when you go back Nova Launcher, remove the the original and readd them. There is only 1 widget that I can't get to go transparent, Reminders.

saifullah90

Apr 3, 2012
Køge
I found a fix,

1. Download app manager csswe
2. Search on " one ui home"
3. Disable "Launcher Activity" in activites fan.

This helped med when going home or clearing my recent app it always went to one ui defualt Launcher. Using Novo Launcher

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Hmm, that's odd. I had these issues on Lawnchair but was just able to install Nova without having any issues with navigation gestures, app crashes or animation issues. I guess either Samsung or Nova has fixed the problem or I just got very, very lucky...

Edit - Just tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it and setting it as my default launcher again....annnnd yeah, now I'm having the problem again lol. So it was just pure luck on my side... Either way, I suppose that Samsung's current launcher is good enough for me (as I freaking love Google News being native).

Last edited:

hosmsdos

Oct 29, 2008
I found a fix,

1. Download app manager csswe
2. Search on " one ui home"
3. Disable "Launcher Activity" in activites fan.

This helped med when going home or clearing my recent app it always went to one ui defualt Launcher. Using Novo Launcher
How did you disable launcher activity only? in app manager I'm only able to disable entire one ui home, can't disable individual activity .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As seen here, this is the most annoying bug on the phone now...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyTab/comments/l3wnhr

This is for people on One UI 3.1 using third party launchers. You might come across a bug where:

1.The launcher keeps stopping/force closing or

2. Exiting an app causes the screen to flash and does nothing if you touch the screen immediately after.

Any fixes or workarounds?
    thats weird I have had my s21 ultra since 5 pm yesterday, thats the first thing I did was download Nova, that's all i use, and have not had any issues with what you guys are having.
    I have this issue as well where swiping up to go home causes the screen to flash and become unresponsive for a second or so. It only happens with gesture navigation and a 3rd party launcher.

I'm on the update release January the 1st. Is there a chance this is fixed in an update already available in part of the world?

Never mind I already have AUAC. that does not fix it. We may need to report this bug to Samsung. Has anyone done that? Chances are a fix is coming since they did fix the rest of the issues that were on earlier oneui versions for gestures in 3rd party launchers.

Did anyone confirm this happens in all 3rd party launchers and not just Nova?
    Wrong alert, still not solving the gesture when you swipe from south to north (down to u
    I have a different issue wherein even tough I have set Nova as the default launcher, after a reboot, One UI launcher is set as default again. This doesn't happen all the time though but just random.