Buggy after Unrooting back to Stock Firmware - Should I re-root to troubleshoot?

Search This thread

ohcello

Mar 27, 2009
Hello all,

I have an unlocked N910-T running 6.0.1 and I had it rooted and running well for months. A few days ago, it started crashing quite a bit to the point where I had to do an emergency stock rom flash using SmartSwitch. I was able to get the stock 6.0.1 ROM installed, but some bugs still remain, primarily that the phone freezes when it locks... requiring a battery pull. I have heard this is a symptom of 6.0.1 with some, so I downloaded Wake Lock and set it to "4" and so far, there has been no issues for about 12 hours.

1) Is this screen-lock freezing issue solely related to the 6.0.1 release, or is it something that I could possible fix if I re-root and do 'something' in the file system to acheive a full wipe?
2) When you do a re-flash to stock ROM firmware using SmartSwitch, does that totally wipe and clean the file system/kernel and therefore my re-rooting and cleaning more would be pointless?

Sorry bit of a newbie here. Thanks!

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
Did you wipe your data partition before flashing stock? The stock files do not wipe data so you'll either have to wipe it in recovery or perform a factory reset. Once you do, your "buggyness" should go away.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ohcello

Mar 27, 2009
I have done factory reset before and after flashing stock.. I suppose I can try again. My main question are there 'cleaning' activity I should doing while I'm still rooted that you cannot do after you unroot?

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
Did you perform a full unroot using SuperSU before flashing stock? Also, I would recommend using Odin to flash stock, not SmartSwitch, because SmartSwitch transfers your settings and data, which can corrupt your rom.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone