Bugs & Errors in Latest FW 6.2.B.1.96

Search This thread

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
Since majority of bugs that affects general users are fixed, Sony can end support for Xperia S. :)

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

They probably will, but hope is the last to die.

But huh! My WiFi is dropping like crazy (wasn't happening before with .200/.211 buids), same location and router than before, I'm just changing some configs related to WiFi Channel, I hope it solves it, or I'll be really messed up cause my ultrabook works ok on my bedroom, my av receiver works ok on my bedroom, my tablet works ok on my bedroom, but just my smartphone don't? Wtf?

Ps: My Xperia S also had poor signal compared to other devices, but the signal strenght is the same as before, the difference is that the WiFi connection is dropping and reconnecting (about 5~7 seconds after it drops).

Last edited:

PLovrin

Sep 14, 2012
plovrin.com
i have the same error

if u mean that we should pull down the notification bar completely to get the song back button.... its not showing up....just randomly maybe it shows up..

See thisView attachment 2212151

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Press on it and swipe down with two fingers or one and you'll get this:
screenshot2013-08-25-16-.png

Expandable swipe notifications are new in Jelly Bean and they work in a lot of other stuff like gmail, messages etc. You can see more here.

Last edited:
Reactions: heart_of_life

s-X-s

May 22, 2012
Sydney
www.weindians.net
Vivo X60 Pro
I just rechecked the 1080p video recording.... As said in previous posts, a small lag when start recording , then almost smooth recording...

Now playing - tested on 3 players. Sony Movie player, Android stock video player and vlc (in beta)...

In sony player- same as recording- little lag in the beginning and then smooth
In Stock Android player- Very smooth playing from start - best of the three playback
In VLC- crappy cluttered video all throughout....

So this lead to something to player issue?? How come in stock android player, its so smooth? Hadnt tested this before upgrade- to know whether it was altogether sony video player issue???

Some other mentions- Smooth and fast Voice call start. in previous .211 there was little delay in popup of call window. Wifi still same for me. Data aslo seem tobe fine...

franklin93

Jan 31, 2013
Heart of India-Mumbai
hope sony releases one more small update or patch to fix the residual issues left behind.the minor lag but very less notable in 1080 p recording and like others said hdmi and some more.to make it better than ics not worse than ics making people bang their head thinking why di they update :D

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
hope sony releases one more small update or patch to fix the residual issues left behind.the minor lag but very less notable in 1080 p recording and like others said hdmi and some more.to make it better than ics not worse than ics making people bang their head thinking why di they update :D

I will dare to say this update is perfect for general users. I use HDMI for YouTube videos and don't suffer from any form of lag at all even with .211. As what others mentioned, only the viewfinder have minor, next to unnoticeable lag that is NOT present in the output video at all.

And try to improve in your sarcasm.

I use SwiftKey and upon reboot this firmware (since JB actually) doesn't remember to keep it as the default keyboard and always goes back to the Xperia one. However, I also have Google keyboard installed and it will remember that one upon reboot. So maybe it's a Swiftkey specific issue with the S's JB firmwares?

I use Swype and it happened the same. The Swype team said to me that it was a Google's framework problem, or something like that..

franklin93

Jan 31, 2013
Heart of India-Mumbai
I will dare to say this update is perfect for general users. I use HDMI for YouTube videos and don't suffer from any form of lag at all even with .211. As what others mentioned, only the viewfinder have minor, next to unnoticeable lag that is NOT present in the output video at all.

And try to improve in your sarcasm.

oh sorry,just wanted to make it clear that still jb is not been optimised like how ics was.but for now happy with some neglectable minor issues

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I use Swype and it happened the same. The Swype team said to me that it was a Google's framework problem, or something like that..

no issue for me,I use swype :) I am using the beta version

Masarius

Mar 11, 2012
Rangiora
I just rechecked the 1080p video recording.... As said in previous posts, a small lag when start recording , then almost smooth recording...

Now playing - tested on 3 players. Sony Movie player, Android stock video player and vlc (in beta)...

In sony player- same as recording- little lag in the beginning and then smooth
In Stock Android player- Very smooth playing from start - best of the three playback
In VLC- crappy cluttered video all throughout....

So this lead to something to player issue?? How come in stock android player, its so smooth? Hadnt tested this before upgrade- to know whether it was altogether sony video player issue???

Some other mentions- Smooth and fast Voice call start. in previous .211 there was little delay in popup of call window. Wifi still same for me. Data aslo seem tobe fine...

Having just watched the video I shot yesterday on VLC I have to agree with this. Android player certainly gave the smoothest results with VLC giving some artifacts and stuttering. However, I'm not sure that the Sony player necessarily gave a worse result that stock android (I'm still on ICS - so the Sony player may well be noticeably worse in latest JB).

I'm still thinking that a lot of the video jerkiness/auto focus problems could be due to the camera struggling with low light indoors conditions. On ICS video that I shoot outdoors in bright natural light is always better than indoors filming. But this would be true of any camera, and is not necessarily a firmware problem as much as it is a general problem for all low tier cameras. I wonder if people reporting 1080p recording problems could report what the light conditions were like during filming, and if moving outside/adding more light significantly increased performance.

For me, the possibility that the camera may actually be worse is the only thing holding me back from moving from ICS to JB.

labrok

Oct 7, 2007
Patras
They probably will, but hope is the last to die.

But huh! My WiFi is dropping like crazy (wasn't happening before with .200/.211 buids), same location and router than before, I'm just changing some configs related to WiFi Channel, I hope it solves it, or I'll be really messed up cause my ultrabook works ok on my bedroom, my av receiver works ok on my bedroom, my tablet works ok on my bedroom, but just my smartphone don't? Wtf?

Ps: My Xperia S also had poor signal compared to other devices, but the signal strenght is the same as before, the difference is that the WiFi connection is dropping and reconnecting (about 5~7 seconds after it drops).

Do you have one of the last TP-Link models with atheros 9xxx chipset, and with factory firmware? because i had the same problem but after changed firmware (DD-WRT) everything was fine!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's great update!

Full HD recording fixed, 2G working really fine - I don't remember working this way before. Volume up and screen not lighting up should be fixed too as users said.

It's really cool update! :laugh:
    By the way... I think my TV input is a 1080i but the on the service menu at the phone I can only see the output option 720p and 1080p, does this make any difference?

No , because anyway it's rendered at 720p , 1080i/p it's only a useless upscale
    We know Sony's support chat might not be the most reliable source for news, but this "Jason", seems extremely confident that an update for the greatest phone out of the three here will be coming:

1175293_730120600348468_1585831725_n.jpg
    Since version .200 there is no 3D Sweep Panorama function!!
    Thought they would fix it with this version but...

Is it even legal to delete features?? i mean its even stated on the package that this device has 3D sweep panorama function!!

ps: video recording is still not so smooth like it was in ICS..
    and that spinning world live wallpaper is missing but there is one called nexus..lol

I don't know if its legal or not, but it's terrible that SONY remove cool features like 3d sweep. That is simply wrong and speaks badly of the company, oh and btw i'm still on ICS because it's lag free and scroll is even smoother and it has 3d sweep :) ... For me everything works as expected in ICS thats why i choose ICS instead of JB
    no for me its 30 fps but that doesnt worthfull because it is still jerky........and continously focusing is making me angry

I've just tried making a 1080p recording on ICS (6.1.A.2.55) both outdoors and inside in a moderately lit (mid day sun) room. I wouldn't say the 1080p recording is perfect on ICS - especially on the indoors video the phone was continuously auto focusing, particularly while panning or if something was moving in the background, resulting in a fairly blurry video. The video is not horrible by any means, it's very acceptable for a cell phone - but I wouldn't shoot my wedding with it.

I'm just wondering if 1080p recording on this phone has always been a bit a bit hit-and-miss, but we're only really noticing it now because we are actively looking for it? A direct side by side comparison of video shot with ICS and the latest JB would be interesting.