General Bugs with Android 12 / Xperia™ 1 III / Video

Search This thread

HIXPERIA

Jun 23, 2017
Xperia's battery care sometimes charges all the way to 100% to check battery quality regardless of setting. So unless it happenes everytime, it's probably not a bug. How often does it happen?

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
Sony Xperia 1 III
Maybe someone here can interpret logs from Nova Launcher, or any other launchers that easily provide access to logs, and figure out something. Based on other ppl not having issues with widgets, it might be a bad config on our end, or maybe we need to factory reset.

CosmsWarrior

Jan 23, 2017
Hi there,

Yesterday I made the Android 12 update and then thé Xperia launcher crashes!
I had to install Microsoft launcher but I want to go Black to Xperia launcher...
Andy clue for me?

CosmsWarrior

Jan 23, 2017
Clear data of Xperia Home. I also had the same problem, but clearing data fixed that.
I don't know how to do but I try now. Thanks
Ok I did "clear cache" but still crashing...
Then I did "manage Space", it asked to erase all data for this app, I did yes and now it works!
A very BIG thanks to you my hero 😉

Last edited:

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012
Xperia's battery care sometimes charges all the way to 100% to check battery quality regardless of setting. So unless it happenes everytime, it's probably not a bug. How often does it happen?
My last comment was untrue since the pattern I mentioned seemed to be a coincidence. It also happens to me just randomly.

Working from home these days my phone is wirelessly charged 80% time throughout a day, and it happens probably once daily.

And btw I noticed that when this issue happens, the battery care notification doesn't show up.

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
Xperia 1 iii updated to Android 12 (UK ver.) Gmail Notifications.
Gmail Notifications do not arrive because there is a bug that puts Gmail in deep sleep, until the user opens manually the app ,the new emails do not arrive or any notification.
I confirm that the problem still continues. All workarounds have been tried without success.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GMail/comments/pm9z06

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Xperia 1 iii updated to Android 12 (UK ver.) Gmail Notifications.
Gmail Notifications do not arrive because there is a bug that puts Gmail in deep sleep, until the user opens manually the app ,the new emails do not arrive or any notification.
I confirm that the problem still continues. All workarounds have been tried without success.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GMail/comments/pm9z06
Mine is not as bad as yours...so it seems...but this is a problem on many phones as you yourself have experienced. This appears to be an Android problem, not an OEM problem. I had the same issue on my OnePlus phones and many tried to say that it was OnePlus's aggressive manner in slowing down battery drain. OK, then why is the same issue being experienced on so many other phones? Personally I don't care who is responsible. I just want it FIXED already!!!

Reactions: akitomartin

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
Sony Xperia 1 III
My gmail bug is also a different one. In my case my account is refusing to sync, this affects everything besides contact syncing. Meaning my Calendar, GMail and GDrive do not sync. Opening each of the apps manually forces them to sync, but thats the app syncing, not my account. Without syncing, notifications don't work.

In Android 12 I am not sure if its fixed or not. This is because for my case there is a half fix. I disable GMail and Google Calendar. (Gdrive is uninstalled, was installed for testing I don't use it often enough). It seems this causes Google to "forget" about half of my account and reset syncing if I leave them disabled long enough. After a week or two, I enable them back and they start syncing normally and notifications work normally. This however slowly degrades over the course of the next week or two until my account stops syncing again with no notifications. I am currently in my first week of the latter and I am still getting my GMail notifications but I am not sure how long this will last.

Note: How to figure out if you have the same issue as me? Open your google accounts sync in settings and check if the sync icon next to each item is stuck there. Then try syncing manually from the three dot menu. If its still stuck, you have the same problem as me.

Reactions: akitomartin
Jan 24, 2022
Hey to all,

since the update to android 12 i experience some bugs that drive me nuts. the worst has to do with the notification bar: sometimes the first swipe down after receiving a notification pulls the quick menu down all the way and not half way. that happens mostly after unlocking the device. another problem has to do with the youtube-app. when playing a video and scrolling through comments or other video suggestions at the same time, the scrollling begings to stutter. when no video is playing, scrolling is absolutely smooth.

thank you so much for any help or suggestions!

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
Sony Xperia 1 III
Just got mine. Can confirm that the bug exists on my phone. Using nova7, settings crashes while trying to add widgets, then widgets do not get added. Its fine using Xperia Home
Update on this. I did a software repair using Xperia Companion. I was planning to do this anyway when A12 came out but got delayed. Software repair did not fix this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats up @Mazellat . I'm. On android 12 and using nova and don't have any issues. With adding widgets.
    @Evil_Sephiroth

nah.... that's a bit to general. I used OTAs from different vendors, especially OnePlus for the last years without any kind of wipeing or resets and it worked flawlessly. Getting even less "bugs" then people claiming to do always a reset and stuff. Even with major updates. During the last years there have been a lot of changes under the hood of android which make this process more stable then before.
    Usually it takes at least one or two minor updates to get everything back to normal. The "sad" thing here is, that Sonys reputation for pushing fixes in an irregular manner aren't as good as with others. You can see that even googel with a lot more ressources in development struggels at the moment with the overall quality of software. Not just android but also some of the apps are faceing quiet some trouble.
    Sometimes the "taskmanager" stops working on my phone. So i can't change between apps, just go back to home screen. After restart, problem solved for 1-2 days.
    There are some problems with Android 12. I can add widgets only stock Xperia Home Launcher. If I select 3rd Party Launchers and add a widget gives error. Please check the video....