Build BUC1 has blocked the downgrade to Android 10

Search This thread

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I upgraded my tablet to BUC1 a few days ago via Odin. Recently I was thinking about downgrading to ATK3 to see if GSIs behave better with Android Q vendors, only to find out that it's not possible anymore.

Starting from BUC1 build, the SW REV value has been incremented to 2 from 1 which effectively blocked the possibility of downgrading to anything earlier. The previous build BUBB is the last one to have a SW REV value of 1.

As a result, if you're on BUA8 or BUBB and are still considering about going back to Android 10, do not upgrade any further. Once you upgrade past BUC1, there's no way back.

Reactions: Bushcat and hurray

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I upgraded my tablet to BUC1 a few days ago via Odin. Recently I was thinking about downgrading to ATK3 to see if GSIs behave better with Android Q vendors, only to find out that it's not possible anymore.

Starting from BUC1 build, the SW REV value has been incremented to 2 from 1 which effectively blocked the possibility of downgrading to anything earlier. The previous build BUBB is the last one to have a SW REV value of 1.

As a result, if you're on BUA8 or BUBB and are still considering about going back to Android 10, do not upgrade any further. Once you upgrade past BUC1, there's no way back.