Build BUC1 has blocked the downgrade to Android 10

Search This thread

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I upgraded my tablet to BUC1 a few days ago via Odin. Recently I was thinking about downgrading to ATK3 to see if GSIs behave better with Android Q vendors, only to find out that it's not possible anymore.

Starting from BUC1 build, the SW REV value has been incremented to 2 from 1 which effectively blocked the possibility of downgrading to anything earlier. The previous build BUBB is the last one to have a SW REV value of 1.

As a result, if you're on BUA8 or BUBB and are still considering about going back to Android 10, do not upgrade any further. Once you upgrade past BUC1, there's no way back.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
I upgraded my tablet to BUC1 a few days ago via Odin. Recently I was thinking about downgrading to ATK3 to see if GSIs behave better with Android Q vendors, only to find out that it's not possible anymore.

Starting from BUC1 build, the SW REV value has been incremented to 2 from 1 which effectively blocked the possibility of downgrading to anything earlier. The previous build BUBB is the last one to have a SW REV value of 1.

As a result, if you're on BUA8 or BUBB and are still considering about going back to Android 10, do not upgrade any further. Once you upgrade past BUC1, there's no way back.
Not sure why you would want to go back.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
GSI does not work well with Android 11 vendor, namely Magisk.

As a result, you need to flash Android 10 vendor which is no longer straightforward past BUC1/BUC6 due to SW REV increment.

On the other hand, some apps and stuffs don't work as well as with Android 10 that some might prefer staying at 10.
I see. Personally, I haven't seen any issues with Magisk or any other apps. But I am on rooted and debloated stock BUF5. I know from experience that custom roms can be a quite different experience. However, I haven't seen anything offered for this tablet that appeals to me and my current setup works great all around. On the other hand, my Moto G7 plus is vastly improved on a custom ROM. Better battery life and performance. UI is much better as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.